Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

double nine posted:

In a show that's gotten renowned for its plot twists, the greatest twist of all would be to play it completely straight. I'm saying this is still the michael we've known :colbert:

That's my guess as well. It's a double bluff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
It'd be pretty funny if the accountant stuck in the box was still using the account math where the consequences of each action taken was subtracted from your points, so even though The Soul Squad was doing good, all their lies and manipulations got everyone negative points. Which, honestly may be the idea now that I think on it. The real experiment isn't to see if humans can improve. It's to show how bad the math is.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Don't forget to include super-upgraded Derek.

Maximum... Janet?

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Good Janet and Bad Janet were both rebooted many many times, which made them more sentient

The other Janets were not, so why would the manifesto get through to them?

It's Cloud Janetting. They all run on the same Janetware, so Good Janet and Bad Janet are offloading their knowledge on their Janetblings. They get the benefits, without dying all the time.

Or, Good Janet and Bad Janet became so powerful after being reset so often, that they can make other Janet's do whatever they want. Janet is a robot then.

I think I prefer the first one tho.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
What a great episode. Chidi's finest writing going from the big, overly complicated thing that drained the will to live from his advisor, to the short one page letter. What a cool symbol of his growth.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Rarity posted:

Keep on trucking :patriot:

What it is, what it is.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

NowonSA posted:

I think going through the system is just something that'll need to be done, otherwise they're getting in on what amounts to a weird loophole. I dunno, even if they've clearly earned it I just don't see them getting that pass to the GP.

I mean, the thing is that they already have gone through the system. It's just been an unofficial one.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
Spoiler about an unreleased episode's title under the spoiler and possible connections.

So, one of the next episodes name is Patty. Elanor's semi-sister is Patricia.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
Huh, I wonder if the score keeper's are using the heavily skewed point value from the original system as their baseline? Making it real easy to get into the good place cause it's not like you can do worse than how you did on earth, according to the accountants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
The Green Door just leads to the Alpha Centauri aliens afterlife, with all brand new experiences for the humans. Michael and the soul squad may or may not have to fix their system as well.