Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Jet Jaguar posted:

For a moment I thought that Sunnyside had done a amazing coup by getting AOC as a guest star. It was a little shocking that it wasn’t her. Didn’t hate the show, the running gag of the one woman working literally everywhere was pretty good.

The podcast is great, I also love that they thought the Bad Place song would be cut right up to the edit.

Seriously? They look nothing alike, other than the fact they're both 30s-ish Caribbean women with dark hair and eyes. This is one of the weirdest comments I've ever read SA and that's saying something.

Anyway, Sunnyside seemed fine if heavy-handed. If it lightens up it could be solid.

As far as Good Place, I didn't love first episode nearly as much as the first episodes of previous seasons, but I have faith in the writers to pick it back up. I totally missed the potential Michael switch; which could be a lot a lot of fun in later episodes if theories are right. But let's be honest...we're all really just here to see Disco Janet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I mean, I wouldn’t say it’s not funny anymore, but I would say the humor has dropped off enough that I haven’t been rewatched any episodes from this season. It seems burdened with getting from Point A to the new Point B as hastily as possible; with little time to breath and establish the new characters and situations in a way that would allow more laughs. The lack of time to get familiar with the new people/set-up, combined with the new guys also being far more caricatures than characters, just feeds a reliance on cheaper jokes IMHO.

As far as Brent goes; yeah, it seems against the show’s thesis for him not to have a redeeming feature that will eventually show up to be explored by the team. If it goes true to life I’m wondering if someone will notice he had a dog on Earth he treated with all the patience, kindness etc he doesn’t give people; because honestly I’ve know a few Brent-like folks that are complete dicks to humans but amazing to their labradoodle.

Anyway, just an idle though that will probably not happen, but it’ll be interesting to see what direction they do take.