Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched through the whole show and:

swickles posted:

The single best line in the show for me was simply "Chidi, wait up!"

This is the moment that really stuck with me from the finale. Jason's final line is so great to me because it feels like there are two ways to read his actions. On the surface, he's optimistically misreading the situation. He doesn't get what going through the door really means, after all this time, but spends his end happily thinking he's about to hang out with his longtime friend. This also makes me think back to one of the funniest moments of the show where he reluctantly suggested calling the cops on the Bad Place. He leaves the show on a joke.

But then there's another take, which Mike Schur brought up on the podcast. Jason is optimistically reading the situation correctly. He knows what's up. He gets what going through the door means. He may not understand what will happen to Chidi and himself when they travel through, but he wants to face this uncertainty and new existence with his friend. It's a perfect final gesture for someone who is really dumb, yet strangely wise at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU