Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

silvergoose posted:

Just got to chidis choice on the rewatch.

"It's my three favorite yogurts" I think will remain my favorite line from the show.

My favorite joke is definitely Chidi saying he has to go to the bathroom "forever" after his peeps and chili gorge.

Ishamael posted:

Looking at S4 as a whole, it is really obvious that the Test took up too much time. Brent, Simone and the rest were never as compelling as the main cast, and we wasted too much time on them. I wanted more time in the Good Place instead, figuring out that paradise wasn't so great and making the tough decision to create a new after-afterlife that allows people to dissolve into nothing and return to the universe.

See, I have the complete opposite issue, I thought having the Good Place also have some problem that the main characters have to solve was eye-rolling. They already redesigned the entire system of morality underpinning the universe, now they have to fix heaven too because they're just that goddamn special. I was relieved that they breezed past that part. It kinda reminds me of how I feel it was a bit of a cop-out for the answer to "how do we flawed people get in the good place" to be "No one gets in the good place because the system is broken, and the main characters have to fix it!"

I know the show never really set out to answer the question of what being morally good truly is, but I thought the show was at its strongest when it was about characters trying to become better people, not when they were fixing universal bureaucracy with the souls of humanity at stake.

Also how come people still have to sleep in the afterlife.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Lost was the good version of Lost. :colbert:

That's going to cost you some points.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Death is inevitable and we have to make our peace with it, but I do find attempts to frame this as romantic or necessary for happiness to exist as banal and offensive. It's the hand we're dealt and we have to make the best of it, but don't front like it's awesome that everyone I care about will be dirt someday and that all my experiences will be lost. The afterlife is a popular mythological concept for a reason. Ain't no one wants to get old and die.