Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Holy poo poo the warlock stasis turrets are good. Ager’s Scepter also seems crazy strong with the right build. I need to get the catalyst to drop.

Ace of Spades also feels way better then Thorn. 13 rounds, even though you can’t auto refill, is so much nicer than 9.

Which is the better “one-man fire team” build: NNTE with Eye of Another World, or NTTE with Getaway Artist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hobnob posted:

I'm at 1329 7/8ths on three characters and I cannot get a kinetic pinnacle to drop. I've done like 3 weeks worth of pinnacles without a single kinetic one. Which means I'm gonna have to grind IB on three chars this week and hope that one of the 12 bounties gives me a kinetic.
VoG is probably the most reliable way to make sure you get a particular weapon pinnacle eventually.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Booties posted:

Thanks for the tip. I haven’t touched gambit yet this season but I will now that all the challenges are unlocked. Does the weekly crucible valor boost affect this as well

Nope. Honestly I am absolute garbage at pvp and my thoughts that it’s easier in gambit mostly come down to special ammo economy. But if you’re good in crucible it shouldn’t be too bad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Iron Banner bounties have like a 30% chance of being a Kinetic Weapon because of how dumb they are with the loot pool

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

MERGE THE DESTINY THREADS

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Hobnob posted:

I'm at 1329 7/8ths on three characters and I cannot get a kinetic pinnacle to drop. I've done like 3 weeks worth of pinnacles without a single kinetic one. Which means I'm gonna have to grind IB on three chars this week and hope that one of the 12 bounties gives me a kinetic.

Doesn't Dead Man's Tale drop as a pinnacle the first time you do the Presage mission every week? I haven't run it in a while, but if you have that content unlocked that could do it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bandire posted:

Doesn't Dead Man's Tale drop as a pinnacle the first time you do the Presage mission every week? I haven't run it in a while, but if you have that content unlocked that could do it.

Unfortunately I think the drop from that is a random pinnacle and also a randomly rolled DMT that is not pinnacle

It's crazy that after taking so much poo poo for the Destiny 1 loot system they resurrected forever 29 and have left it in place for two years and counting

Have you done the Ager's Sceptre quest yet? I think that drops as pinnacle

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I thought it dropped as a powerful on the standard version, but you do also get a pinnacle +2 random drop as well on the standard version.

Esoterickk posted an mpreg* run with stasis + scepter and it actually looks really easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_9dbpTi1E

Is there anything specific he's doing? Also I thought master was supposed to have champions?

* This is the correct abbreviation and I will not be taking questions at this time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Linking as Esoterickk video as a guide is a huge trap, that dude can solo everything the game and I guarantee us mere mortals would give up in frustration after 10 minutes.

That said there are triumphs for a solo flawless presage so it's technically something we're intended to be able to do.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That's the thing though, normally his videos show him pulling off godlike feats that would destroy any mortal man, but there's nothing in that video that looks especially insane, it really looks like the scepter is doing most of the work.

The toughest thing in there is probably that he does the hangar bay legit instead of using the cheese spot, and the timer. Apart from that I don't really see anything hugely tougher than normal mode.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Solo pressage is definately do able, my issue was dumb deaths

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I thought it dropped as a powerful on the standard version, but you do also get a pinnacle +2 random drop as well on the standard version.

Esoterickk posted an mpreg* run with stasis + scepter and it actually looks really easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_9dbpTi1E

Is there anything specific he's doing? Also I thought master was supposed to have champions?

* This is the correct abbreviation and I will not be taking questions at this time.

Having just picked it up last night, being a warlock with Ager’s seems like a ridiculously powerful combo at all levels of play.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Mantle of Battle Harmony is the real difference maker with Ager's.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That’s one of the exotics I don’t have. Looks like I’m farming a Lost Sector next time chest is up.

Is it true there is literally no skill based matchmaking in PvP? Across any game mode? Why the hell is that the standard? I guess it makes me feel better about getting stomped regularly, but lol at that decision for a game that pushes PvP so hard.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

That’s one of the exotics I don’t have. Looks like I’m farming a Lost Sector next time chest is up.

Is it true there is literally no skill based matchmaking in PvP? Across any game mode? Why the hell is that the standard? I guess it makes me feel better about getting stomped regularly, but lol at that decision for a game that pushes PvP so hard.

Survival has SBMM! It will try to give you games that are 50% chance to win. That can take on my forms though. Some games will feel like there are 6 Yorkshire Puddings, some games it's clear they wanted it to be "even" by having a good player and two absolute potatoes on each team

Trials doesn't use SBMM because it's based around winning 7 games in a row and that's not compatible with 50/50 chance games

All other modes like Control, Iron Banner, Clash etc use Lobby Balancing where it tries to make the teams roughly fair after grabbing 12 people to play together

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Survival has SBMM! It will try to give you games that are 50% chance to win. That can take on my forms though. Some games will feel like there are 6 Yorkshire Puddings, some games it's clear they wanted it to be "even" by having a good player and two absolute potatoes on each team

Trials doesn't use SBMM because it's based around winning 7 games in a row and that's not compatible with 50/50 chance games

All other modes like Control, Iron Banner, Clash etc use Lobby Balancing where it tries to make the teams roughly fair after grabbing 12 people to play together

Oh that’s better than the Internet made it sound. I do the weekly PvP stuff, and catalysts force me in there, but I’ve never been a big PvPer and it’s super obvious when I step in there that these guys no scope me while they slide around a corner play a lot.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I suck at this game and stumbled onto solo flawless regular presage. There’s conservative ways to play every section if you can do the jumping at the beginning.

The only real pressure comes from the top waves in the boss room where you get rushed by screebs or ravagers, and that pressure can be pretty well taken care of with solar subclasses or loadout.

I’d be happy to run anyone through showing them how to do it. The one thing that basically trivializes most of it is Witherhoard, but it’s not terrible without. The screebs just run into it and die. I guess having finders/scavengers may help on the hangar as well.

That’s actually the nicest thing running solo is there’s tons of ammo and you can set up to know where the waves come at you in the encounters, plop down a puddle and watch everything just suicide into it.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I imagine the fusion rifle buff helps a lot too. The hangar will be much easier.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I've never tried Iron Banner before, but going in tonight. From what I've read it seems like Crucible Control, but with power level enabled and SBMM?

Is the matchmaking based on k/d ratio or power level? Because if its the latter, I'm royally hosed - my ratio has never been higher than 0.6 or so. :downs:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Yes, it's control except with an extra "hunt" phase if all three points are capped by one team. It's power enabled, but only uses gear power (ignores artifact bonus). And the matchmaking is sorta skill-based except it tries to even out teams.

Don't forget to grab the quest and bounties from Saladin. Progressing the quest guarantees a gun drop at each step, and the bounties give +2 pinnacle rewards. Two of the bounties this week are "cap points" and "do matches" so are easy to complete.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
Iron banner is 50/50 stomp/get stomped. Matchmaking is so broken, even in solo queue i get matched with 5 blueberries who have no idea you get 2 points per kill if you control 2 zones, 3 points if you have all 3 zones for the hunt.

It's really fuckin mind boggling how many people do not know this. And bungie will never ever put that text anywhere in the game.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

All my gear is around 1320, so I pinnacle gear to increase my level now, right?

I also have armor with pretty drat good stat distribution for a Warlock (high recovery and discipline, some intellect) so at this point I just want to use higher level gear to upgrade that unless I find a better roll?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
Thats it. You dont have to infuse everything right away. Your light level drops are determined by you highest light items, equipped or not. Will help you save materials if you are new or low.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Keep an eye out in your spam/promos folder for a survey from Bungie--fill it out and if they pick you, they talk to you for an hour about your experience playing Destiny, give you some Destiny Homework for a week, and you get a $450 gift card.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I know I should be saving Ascendant Shards for masterworking gear, but I really wanted rat king.

I wish I liked Hunter because that seems like the optimal class to use it, but I’ll just have to make it work with Warlock. Anyone have fun rat builds for warlocks?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Keep an eye out in your spam/promos folder for a survey from Bungie--fill it out and if they pick you, they talk to you for an hour about your experience playing Destiny, give you some Destiny Homework for a week, and you get a $450 gift card.

Yeah I just got this too. Cool.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’m about 1322 light (before my Compass light level), and goddamn is Ager’s still my go to for any hard content. I can’t believe how much it slaps against groups and bosses. The name of the game seems to just be keeping ammo for it.

I’m basically just running a bunch of Tracer Rifle mods. Ager’s has such crazy good handling/stability/reload that none of those mods seem worth it, and the anti-flinch one seems pointless in PvE.

How does the “Ammo Finder” mod work? As I understand, when you wield a special weapon, you’re less likely to get that type of ammo from kills, or can you not get it at all? I definitely find special ammo with the ammo finder mod equipped, but not very often.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
big W in the TWAB this week for us sidearm likers with RSI

https://twitter.com/defyfly/status/1458874644908457992?s=21

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PERMACAV 50 posted:

big W in the TWAB this week for us sidearm likers with RSI

https://twitter.com/defyfly/status/1458874644908457992?s=21

So you can't use Icarus Grip if you're using the full auto mod? Yikes

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Oh man, this is great news for people with lovely hands (me). Seems like there will be a menu option for it next expansion, but I'm glad they're introducing it now for those that want/need it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad they're fixing Cryosthesia, it won't make it not a lovely gun but it'll make it not feel horrible to use (not that anyone will be using it anyway)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

I'm glad they're fixing Cryosthesia, it won't make it not a lovely gun but it'll make it not feel horrible to use (not that anyone will be using it anyway)

Now to do it for devil's ruin, which also has that horrible "only shoots on trigger release" mechanic.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I'd use Devil's Ruin if they did the same to that.

Efb

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Doing the hawkmoon quest, and you can find Crow’s sleeping bag from when he was brought back by the light, and it’s the same symbol as the trans support emblem Bungie released today.

Pretty generic fist gripping lightning bolt, but I thought that was interesting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The bolt in a fist is their informal company crest, they’ve used it for years.

They chose it because it looks cool on a flag.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So you can't use Icarus Grip if you're using the full auto mod? Yikes

I thought I read sidearms and smgs had enough in air aa that icarus grip wasn't necessary...?

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Easiest way to grind out Cerberus+1 and hard light catalyst kills:

a good podcast+thrallway+Actium war rig I assume?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In Destiny 1 I used an emblem with that crest most of the time, I got a lot of messages from people who thought I actually worked for Bungie

Marshal Plugnut posted:

Easiest way to grind out Cerberus+1 and hard light catalyst kills:

a good podcast+thrallway+Actium war rig I assume?

Pretty much. The current grind spots, in rough order of accessibility, are altars of sorrow, shuro chi, and thrallway

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I always do shuro chi with a tether, it's an easy checkpoint to get and it even gives a free raid chest per week.

And if you're doing catalysts that need special/heavy ammo there's a rally flag too!

downside: you have to shoot the wish wall every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Yeah I did shuro chi recently to do NTTE and bad juju, but I got bored with the dying/load back in cycle. And correct, setting the wish wall I tedious.
Might try and find a thrallway checkpoint from someone when I've got a free hour, that's just infinitely spawning easy kills right?