Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

IronSaber posted:

Well that doesn't sound so bad.

I guess I'm mostly upset now for sharding all the pulse rifles I had with Headseeker. That seems like it's going to be a viable perk again.

Or maybe just grind The Corrupted NF until I get that one PR back.

I saved one IB pulse with headseeker rampage just in case they untucked that perk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Damaged perks are still better than D1 so maybe they’ll also make the guns shoot and feel as good as D1 guns (seems like they are based on Opulence season guns going that direction)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unless the roll is irredeemable poo poo (looking at you moving target + firmly planted) now is a bad time to be dismantling guns. All the big youtubers have put a lot of effort into videos blabbing about what's going to be cool and great next week, but the reality is there are a LOT of changes going in and it's gonna take some time for the meta to really establish itself.

So if you got the vault space, hang on to everything that looks even slightly interesting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
someone tell me the future metas so i can delete them on camera

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

moist turtleneck posted:

it's huckleberry

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Subsistence demolitionist is as hot as ever

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mill Village posted:

Bungie said the weapon buffs even out the crit nerf.

They said that, but the numbers don’t add up. It’s a 30% buff & a 50% nerf. Bungie is also terrible at communicating, so maybe they should’ve said the buffs “mitigate” or “reduce the impact of” the precision nerf.

Maybe we’ll be able to headshot redbars with scout rifles once we’re not under leveled, maybe we won’t be able to. They did say they’re reducing the impact of being underleveled on damage to enemies.

Astrochicken posted:

I think that the handcannon change is going to make or break this franchise for me.

Same. If they fixed the 140/150 recoil animation, but nerfed HC range hard for “balance” and left bloom as-is, it’s going to big a big net negative.

It feels like Bungie spend Warmind-Black Armory buffing things, “making the player feel powerful”, then spend the last 6 months nerfing everything back down. Now it’s gonna be an even bigger nerf hammer, maybe down to Y1 levels again, so they can “keep things challenging” without any extra effort. Maybe they’ll nerf running speed again too.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-PZfVVNc0

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Subsistence demolitionist is as hot as ever

mods??

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Fly Molo posted:

They said that, but the numbers don’t add up. It’s a 30% buff & a 50% nerf. Bungie is also terrible at communicating, so maybe they should’ve said the buffs “mitigate” or “reduce the impact of” the precision nerf.

Maybe we’ll be able to headshot redbars with scout rifles once we’re not under leveled, maybe we won’t be able to. They did say they’re reducing the impact of being underleveled on damage to enemies.

Same. If they fixed the 140/150 recoil animation, but nerfed HC range hard for “balance” and left bloom as-is, it’s going to big a big net negative.

It feels like Bungie spend Warmind-Black Armory buffing things, “making the player feel powerful”, then spend the last 6 months nerfing everything back down. Now it’s gonna be an even bigger nerf hammer, maybe down to Y1 levels again, so they can “keep things challenging” without any extra effort. Maybe they’ll nerf running speed again too.

They had to juice things to the max to save their lovely rear end game

With the actually substantive fixes to the underlying game in Forsaken and the direction they’ve moved with gunfeel from black armory through opulence it makes total sense to dial it back now

The hand canon changes do sound a bit much, but from a 30,000ft view I think all these changes sound fine

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
where does 30% and 50% come from (aside from your anus) lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

I’d probably go with a minor spec

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I suggest caution taking gun advice from someone that stated skyburner's would be required for leviathan.

https://i.imgur.com/fTlGGeT.gifv

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

tyrelhill posted:

He's pooping his pants and doesn't understand how headshot multipliers work

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tyrelhill posted:

Those this week at Bungie notes

lobotomy molo fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 27, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pre emptively laughing about the Randy Boning Wife not requiring any Comp and just requiring a Valor Reset

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pre emptively laughing about the Randy Boning Wife not requiring any Comp and just requiring a Valor Reset

It looks like the gun has a long barrel and that's important enough to require Glory imo.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How dare Bungie make me spend less time doing busy work for a mediocre gun

(actually the scout is probably gonna be a kinetic 260 with rapid hit, which means it's gonna own)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't give a heck what mode you play, I'm just expecting bungie to completely remove any need to play comp as part of their apology to PvE Only suckas for making Recluse so good

Or they might make it require 2100 Glory but no other steps, who knows!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

So, is that whole bounty reset thing going to mess with my loving Breakneck Pursuit?

I really don't want to play 14 more matches of that before the end of the month.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

So, is that whole bounty reset thing going to mess with my loving Breakneck Pursuit?

I really don't want to play 14 more matches of that before the end of the month.

Your progress is safe, don't worry!

(Breakneck is getting OWNED pretty badly stat-wise, but I am a strong supporter of Get All The Things so who cares)

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Your progress is safe, don't worry!

(Breakneck is getting OWNED pretty badly stat-wise, but I am a strong supporter of Get All The Things so who cares)

It's just completed (but not claimed) bounties being reset. It's so tryhards can't leave a bunch of unclaimed bounties and cash them in for xp the minute SK goes live. Bounties still in progress will be fine.

I'm kind of sad breakneck is getting it in the neck, as it were, it's been my favourite pve primary since I got it. I know some peopvle dont like it, but its like a slightly worse recluse with enough range and accuracy for long shots.

VVV Ah, ok. Hadnt realised that.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 27, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hobnob posted:

It's just completed (but not claimed) bounties being reset. It's so tryhards can't leave a bunch of unclaimed bounties and cash them in for xp the minute SK goes live. Bounties still in progress will be fine.

It's not even that. Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit bounties are being reset as a function of their new rewards (Bright Dust!).

They give piddly little amounts of XP. The bounties that give TONS of XP (Spider, Ada, Hawthorne, etc.) are untouched.

I really doubt Bungie cares about people pre-loading ~3-5 Artifact Levels when they're allowing us to pre-load the entire 750 -> 900 climb with hoarded Tokens

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UIiNyRpQ8dR4bNGDN-KUOofHYxivHHpZKP0t6TWdc0A/edit#gid=0

artifact perks. interesting stuff in there

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So....what exactly should I do with my hundreds of saved up Vanguard and Crucible tokens?

I don't know if turning them in before would help me get achievements and pursuits completed, or if I should save them.

I really want to get my pursuits tab as empty as possible.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

So....what exactly should I do with my hundreds of saved up Vanguard and Crucible tokens?

I don't know if turning them in before would help me get achievements and pursuits completed, or if I should save them.

I really want to get my pursuits tab as empty as possible.

Save your tokens for Tuesday, because they will give more useful and valuable items then.

Hand in all Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit BOUNTIES beforehand, but save the tokens.

You can hold on to other (Non-vanguard/crucible/gambit) bounties if you want to boost your XP next season, but that's very optional.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh? You're excited for 5x Minaj drops?

Stupid idiot, it was always intended to cap at 4 after the third friday, you dumb moron

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh? You're excited for 5x Minaj drops?

Stupid idiot, it was always intended to cap at 4 after the third friday, you dumb moron

loving lmao forever

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
What are you even rolling for that you’d need 5 or 6 of when it’ll probably be obsolete in 3 days. Hell, you can’t even play on Monday so it’s really 2 days.

Xur’s stupid-rear end engram gave me Mark 44 Stand Asides instead of the Huckleberry I wanted. I’ll probably never get it. It’s the only thing I’ve wanted in the 300 hours I’ve played so that’ll guarantee it’ll never drop.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Save your tokens for Tuesday, because they will give more useful and valuable items then.

You can hold on to other (Non-vanguard/crucible/gambit) bounties if you want to boost your XP next season, but that's very optional.

Thank you, kind sir. :downs:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Daric posted:

What are you even rolling for that you’d need 5 or 6 of when it’ll probably be obsolete in 3 days. Hell, you can’t even play on Monday so it’s really 2 days.

nothing is happening to guns so stuff thats viable now is likely viable next week and there are plenty of god rolls to chase.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

nothing is happening to guns so stuff thats viable now is likely viable next week and there are plenty of god rolls to chase.

Right. I was waiting to Minaj until today for max drops. Oops.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
WE ARE BACK FOLKS and so are the gifs and frankly the goons are here for it

https://i.imgur.com/TMPw9Sy.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/dHdaXvN.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/WVQRxfQ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/UYE0PcM.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/HFzyM1b.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/lxNjfON.gifv

wintrrmute fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 28, 2019

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I just want an accel coil/ff/demo epicurean with charge time masterwork for maximum voopnading

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

dicks out for armor two point oh

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I just want an accel coil/ff/demo epicurean with charge time masterwork for maximum voopnading

boom roasted

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

boom roasted

Niiiiiiice, if only the mw was there

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

deadwing posted:

(actually the scout is probably gonna be a kinetic 260 with rapid hit, which means it's gonna own)

That would actually be pretty good

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/gr4aY0w.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum