Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Where do I get that Poot Rat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So, is that whole bounty reset thing going to mess with my loving Breakneck Pursuit?

I really don't want to play 14 more matches of that before the end of the month.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So....what exactly should I do with my hundreds of saved up Vanguard and Crucible tokens?

I don't know if turning them in before would help me get achievements and pursuits completed, or if I should save them.

I really want to get my pursuits tab as empty as possible.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Save your tokens for Tuesday, because they will give more useful and valuable items then.

Hand in all Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit BOUNTIES beforehand, but save the tokens.

You can hold on to other (Non-vanguard/crucible/gambit) bounties if you want to boost your XP next season, but that's very optional.

Thank you, kind sir. :downs:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Why the hell is regular Gambit three rounds long?

God, those quests are a loving grind.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is XUR still Mr. Strange Coins?

I've not gone to him this game because I haven't ran nightfalls to get coins yet.

Gambit Prime is so much better than regular. What's the difference in matchmaking?

Also, do Prime matches count towards regular gambit bounties?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

God damnit, I’ve got shards coming out of my rear end...sharts...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

You know what get's old? Having quests and bounties for different types of fusion rifles than the fusion rifle I'm using. :colbert:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I just want to get to the point where I can actually start working on a set of gear. With how expensive infusing is, I’m constantly swapping out things and not adding upgrades, knowing a light cap raising is coming.

With Hunters, what have people been doing for their mobility/resilience/recovery? I’ve always been doing about 8/4/2 or something around that. My character keeps getting melted in PvP, and sometimes it happens so fast it feels like it isn’t my error.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well, you're about to become 750 and have 150 new levels of soft cap to burn through, and then 50 levels of hard cap where you pray for a +1 in the right slot after doing your Daily Strike Powerful

I’ve got a big old bag of a couple hundred (250-400) Crucible, Vanguard, and Gunsmith mats. I’m hoping to get through that soft cap fast.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just make the first thing you do Tuesday to be the Shadowkeep campaign. It'll boost you up a bit.

Getting through the soft cap from Crucible tokens alone will require something like 3500 to 6000 tokens! Let's hope the campaign puts a big dent in the work.

Oh man, thank you for telling me that. I’m pretty sure I would have done it backwards.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I was able to play the new Gambit thing last night. It was boring. But you can gamble weak whateverthefucks and need to pick a side with the drifter!

gently caress that irritating rear end in a top hat, I'm going Vanguard.

":ping, ping, ping: OH BOY! Looks like you need to bring a sword! VEX on the field!" Oh gently caress off.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

givepatajob posted:

All i care about is that the startup music will change.

BWAAAH BWOMP!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've got one question before I jump in and play all afternoon and night -

At what point should I start cashing in all my Crucible, Vanguard, and Gunsmith things? Should I wait until I hit a certain light level? I'm not sure what is the most advantageous way to do it.

I'm SO tired of their icons blinking and will dance with joy when they stop.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Started in a few hours ago with no wait or crashes.

Waiting to finish the campaign before I turn in a shitload of tokens.

Who is overnighting this bitch? I might.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I have no loving idea how the new armor upgrades work and it looks expensive and confusing. I'm at 803 light, I'll figure it out when I round out 900.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

el B posted:

I just watched a cut scene with ikora on the moon. As far as aesthetics goes, I've always been a function over form destiny player. But gd do I look hideous.

I always keep a stack of about 20 Metallic Purple shaders and replenish them for 250 constantly. I normally keep my character covered in the main shader.

When that cutscene happened, I was covered in a bunch of random blues. My character had that mask on that looks like a Imperial Guard helmet from Star Wars, but with bug eyes. It literally looked like my character was going, "HUUUUURRRRR."

What is the best way to get a recorded video clip onto the internet? The website I was using has become more and more hideous and ad infested.

I got killed by an Ogre, and my body just started doing 360s in the air for a solid ten seconds, but in place. It was like I was falling down invisible stairs while stationary.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Does someone want to tell me about traction? I've seemingly missed that memo.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fly Molo posted:

Bungie said a few weeks back they’ve been tracking everyone’s “PvP skill” (lol). Post-Shadowkeep, Comp is supposed to match make based on that hidden score; and give you extra glory/reduced glory loss until your real Glory matches that hidden glory/skill score they have for you.

Since this is Bungie, their system is probably (definitely) broken in some hilarious way.

it doesn’t roll on boots any more, just leggings

Nothing like a good old "hidden number" system.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Finished the campaign and turned in all my vendor poo poo. I'm at about 880ish. Going to try and bust past 900 tonight.

Last night I stayed up two hours past my normal sleeping time to play that campaign. While I'm enjoying everything because I only picked D2 back up three weeks ago, I was disappointed everything was just recycled maps and re-skinned characters.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What is the Exotic piece of armor most cool hunters are using these days?

I just unlocked the spazzing knives super and it feels OP. I like it. I almost always go Solar.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I fell out of Destiny 2 right before doing the first RAID and everything has been God drat incomprehensible to get back into. I still cannot fathom why the new tower is strung together with a bunch of God drat blind stairwells. If I have to get to the Drifter, I just fast travel over.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I wear Metallic Sunrise, all day, every day. On everything. There are a few cooler ones, but I'll use them when I get deeper past 919 light.

Also, Sweet Business has me coming in first in rando Crucible more often than not. People lose TTK races with me because I pre-fire, get angry, and spend the rest of the match trying to melee kill me.

Only thing I'm losing races against is Telesto.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Got some exotic yellow colored gun thing called a trace rifle?

Exotics have been raining on me lately. Not sure how I feel about the triple shot revolver exotic. It felt underpowered in gambit, but gambit is the worst.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

actionjackson posted:

actually there is now for the 750 and 920 versions.

No poo poo? BRB, running a nightfall.

I’ll probably be around in about a hour until 9:00ish Pacific if any boners are around.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

:stare:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What is everyone doing with their Vanguard, Crucible, and Gunsmith poo poo? Should we be hoarding for another expansion or is this version of Destiny done?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Brb turning in a million tokens.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Oh boy! Time to see what I get for all these tokens!

:gets a sidearm readying mod and a submachine gun readying mod:

:stare:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Finished scour the rust, then the final requirement of landing supers changed to 25 final blows with pulse rifles. Wtf?

I then played a match with at least ten pulse rifle finals blows and only one counted. God damnit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Boy oh boy, isn’t Scour the Rust so much fun?!?! Let’s hide rewards behind a tedious 6 chain quest!

loving fusion rifle kills. I suck with those so hard.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I now have all the Iron Banner armor and completed the IB quests with over 100 tokens left over. Should I spam slam myself some packages or just save them?

Dawn and Dusk shader on the IB set for my hunter is pretty. :downs:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do you have the enhanced perks you want?

The random things that pop up on armor and mods? If so, I’m reasonably happy for being light level 940. Not sure if there is something I should be striving for out of everything.

I do feel clueless about the six base stats. Before, I had a pretty easy time jacking o my mobility and keeping a certain mix. Now it feels drat near close to random.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

BlindSite posted:

Then ib armor and weapons will be the same for a year so you're just doing it for enhanced perks and weapon/armor rolls so. Yes.

The more enhanced perks you can get the more they're out of the pool getting you closer to what you want.

If you don't know about the perks. Watch dattos tutorial video. They actually make things a lot better in some cases.

Will do. I'm sorta clued in to what mods to slot where, but it sounds like I'm missing some information. I don't really know which perks are worth chasing at this point because my gear seems to be changing so rapidly. I was planning on spergin' hard on that stuff once I hit 950.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Getting the Iron banner "special ammo" single shot grenade launcher has been a gift from God.

That and Sweet Business make my hunter a stupid flailing DPS demon.

What light level is good to start endgame stuff? I have the Discord, so I'm hoping I can start raiding with you fools soon.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Light level - 945

God I can't wait for useless blues that are more light than my preferred armor to stop crapping out.

Will be goon raiding once I hit 950. I cannot wait to show you all how I'm still really bad at games.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

God damnit.

I want my upgrade modules back.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've got the Maul Grenade Launcher and it's loving awesome. Pair it with Sweet Business and I am the DPS Danger.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Finally hit 950!

Question -

Does anyone want to refresh me on where to go from here? Does that make Tier One rewards not worth pursuing? Is it just Pinnacle, Tier Two, and Prime drops? I know the artifact bumps people higher, but is 960 the actual hard cap?

I'm OK with not scrambling to do vendor bounties all day, every day.

Second Question - Exotic armor, at least "Lucky Pants", seem to have a way lower sub-rating (34) versus all my other armor that is over 60. Is that normal or did I get an awful roll? I don't have others to compare with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Mazerunner posted:

if you're 950 the only progression is pinnacle- GoS raid, iron banner bounties, 100k nightfall score. maybe the next dungeon we'll see. The drops will be at 951

but the trick is that you only upgrade to the next level when ALL your gear is 951- kinetic, energy and heavy weapons and all five armour slots. it means any drops in a duplicate slot are 'wasted' for progressing light. Mathematically, there was just barely enough drops this season I think to hit 960, if you do everything, with perfect rng. Also there isn't equal chance at each slot- the raid has like 5 energy weapons, and no heavy, for example.

Getting 960 is not really feasible- don't worry about it, you're done. If you get good rng and do a reasonable amount of pinnacle activities each week you might max out at 952 or 3 or something

Oh wow, thanks. It's going to take me a little bit to get to 950 in each slot, but I LOVE that I can start ignoring all the daily bounties for tokens. I've been doing them because they've helped speed things up. But I have almost four pages of quests and exotics to get done. Now I can actually pay attention to that list.

I do wonder if D2 is done. I stopped playing D1 towards the end, where did light cap out on that game? I need to factor how much hoarding I need to do.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Your Lucky Pants are from Year 2, I'm guessing. Go to Collections and nab a fresh pair and they'll be 48 with the Armor 2.0 slots!

Ahhhh thank you so very much. These ones have traction, so I hate to see that go. Maybe they all do? gently caress if I know.

I'm going to be raiding with you bone fuckers now. Prepare to get harassed on Discord! :derptiel: