Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The weekly update stated it would be close to pvp levels, which we do know the numbers for.

I don't know how we could have hard numbers yet as bungie has never given out hard numbers, it's always something players have to test on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unless the roll is irredeemable poo poo (looking at you moving target + firmly planted) now is a bad time to be dismantling guns. All the big youtubers have put a lot of effort into videos blabbing about what's going to be cool and great next week, but the reality is there are a LOT of changes going in and it's gonna take some time for the meta to really establish itself.

So if you got the vault space, hang on to everything that looks even slightly interesting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I suggest caution taking gun advice from someone that stated skyburner's would be required for leviathan.

https://i.imgur.com/fTlGGeT.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I just want an accel coil/ff/demo epicurean with charge time masterwork for maximum voopnading

boom roasted

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/J96eCec.gifv

"nothing personnel, guardian"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CB mod on blast furnace makes it worse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chappy posted:

He promised to make me rich so I sided with him.

Remember he lived in such lovely times where he'd starve to death and his ghost would revive him still starving. He's like your grandpa giving you a quarter for mowing the lawn.

That's why you have to play ten games of gambit to get a single bad bygones roll.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's not actually counting anything, it just picks a random number every 30 seconds.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ionicpsycho posted:

I swear to God, the chest locations are even in the same exact spots. I don't remember why I so aggressively farmed helium.

Fallen still get hosed by AI pathing on that one building at archer's line by hopping to the roof and back to the ground repeatedly, and there's still a knight down the hill behind that dome that gets loving poo poo on every time I go back there because he just stands there staring at me like an idiot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, ranges on hand cannons and pulses were brought way down to give scouts room to work.

Ideal ranges for hand cannons are under 30m now, pulses are 30-40m and scouts are 40m+

Gonna be fun vaporizing hand cannon bros with my fusion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

Now that Destiny has gone to the this game is your job now battlepass/fomo bullshit that every predatory f2p game does, what is the most efficient way to gain battlepass XP in case I want to commit game adultery for a week or something and play a different game?

Wear an xp ghost at all times and do as many bounties as you can stomach.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I did two essences to the point where it tells me I need to work with Eris but I talk to her and nothing and I can’t interact with the big bowl that’s near her either

Have you done the strike? That's a "work with eris" step though the game doesn't do poo poo to tell you this.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shadowkeep was just a three hour detour to show us the pyramids are here for reals. No more exposition than that, but it's a real threat!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That doesn't mean the story we did get should be devoid of any information at all.

Oh we found a SPOOKY ARTIFACT. No idea what it means, that's for future stuff!

Might as well have hitched a ride on an alien spaceship and raidioed home that you're off to finish the fight.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

He skipped leg day.

Also the servitors got a new attack.

https://i.imgur.com/6XAXle0.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"git bad"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Is there a single good looking hunter cloak

It's one of the few things they haven't ported from D1 yet.

The shader situation is atrocious as well, every one of them makes hunters super grimdark.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Aztecross had a hard dick about it. It's apparently p decent.

He has a hard dick about everything though. Dude is hilariously positive.

Very weird personality for the Destiny crowd!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

ah okay thanks

that medal had a different name in D1, but I forget the name

For me it was get fuuuuuuuucked.

https://i.imgur.com/jK6H1Mf.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They need to stop making strikes story focused. I don't hate the story.. the first time I run a strike. But after that all the running and talking is a skipping record and it should be more like the nightmare hunts. Crank up the number of poo poo to kill and make them a lot shorter.

Director version of strikes should be long form, and playlist strikes should be 7 minutes of nonstop shooting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Its satisfying when my erentil bolts do 55 damage each

It's also satisfying when they do 35 and the poopsocking rear end in a top hat I'm shooting still gets vaporized.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The near elimination of eververse engrams is pretty funny. They went hardcore on wanting people to buy silver. One every five levels is a huge reduction over last season.

I can't get mad about it though. It's all ugly cosmetic poo poo and without confident strut being a possibility there's nothing to get excited about.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like that they have manpower to dedicate to ikora's crazy plan that probably could have been implemented on all the existing vex gates we have access to on Venus, Mars, or Nessus.

But they don't have manpower to send up to the old tower and repair it.

Also they don't give these workers any safety equipment, they're just out there welding beams with nothing but their balance keeping them from splattering into the city 1000 meters below.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"We did armor affinities because it was too many icons"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It will be the titan version of foetracer because no one's gonna use it anymore once Bungie well and truly nerfs it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RNG is indefensible game design!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny 1 during year one would send you an email along with an exotic at the post master if you hadn't logged in for like 60 days or something.

Obviously that feature quietly got deleted.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Calaveron posted:

You if you’re a golden gun gunslinger don’t sleep on the celestial nighthawk. It completely loving obliterates bosses in such a way that I’m sure breaks the sequence of strikes. Like I literally one shot the Sedia lady as soon as someone knocked her shield off and the game did a double take and immediately spawned the chest with no further dialogue, and I popped Savathûn when it had a bit over a third of its health before it could do the final void barrier sequence and Zavala immediately started flapping his gums before it could stop blowing up

Probably can't do this anymore, but nighthawk owns:

https://i.imgur.com/gPyrUW2.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I switch between PC and xbox a lot now and it's super frustrating how annoying SMG's are to use on console and how glorious they are on PC.

It's not that PC has no recoil, it's just massively easier to manage it with a mouse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Yes, I understand the piece of technology I’ve used for nearly a decade. Again, as stated, with just a trigger pull and no attempt to control recoil there is considerably more with the mouse connected to the xim.

Congratulations! But if you're using a xim you're a controller user, not a mouse user.

Without xim on a PC recoil is trivial to counteract. Recoil exists but it is dramatically easier to deal with and SMG's are wayyyy more fun to use.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

...... this has nothing to do with anything. I’m comparing the respective recoils from the respective inputs without trying to control recoil. I tested both inputs. The initial statement was something like “it’s not that pc has no recoil it’s that it’s easier to manage” which isn’t the case, having tested it, side by side, seconds after each other. I understand that the pc sees my xim as a controller. Jesus.

It has everything to do with it because controller and straight mouse (no xim) have completely different parameters. Max sensitivity on a controller is significantly lower than with a raw mouse, and when you use a controller on PC Destiny, that sensitivity cap is applied. A PC in 'controller mode' also has more recoil and more aim magnetism.

It's trivial to test on a PC. Load up a warlock and use chaos reach. Pop that super when using the xim and try to tag multiple targets in the tribute hall. Now do it again with the raw mouse, then come back here and explain to us how there's no difference between controller and mouse.

(fun trivia note: max turn speed using a controller on PC is lower than max turn speed on xbox. it's not a huge difference, maybe 5-10% but it's definitely there)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I did test it. With two mice, one native, one connected to xim. Side by side. With an SMG, the first day of cross play. With no attempt to control recoil from either input. The native mouse barely travels up the screen, the mouse connected to the XIM has far more recoil.

The statement was that “it’s not that pc has less recoil, it’s that it’s easier to control” obviously, it’s easier to control, I’m not disputing that. I’m disputing the “it’s not that pc has less recoil” it does! Much less!

I did test it.

https://i.imgur.com/Gnkwo0B.gifv

Mouse has less recoil. It's not zero recoil. At most it's a 30% reduction in recoil.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

*Bettspagh3tt1 standing on their brand new football field, arms crossed, frowning*

"You know what, I think the goalposts should be moved about 20 feet to the left."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why didn't my KD go up? :thunk:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SWAT in halo was for bads that thought they were good and the only thing keeping the world from realizing it was people being able to shoot back.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Simple, just stand around the portal until some other player opens it up.

It's a social space, make some friends!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not as grindy as the first raisin quest where you had to wait a year between steps.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There is at least one exception to the dreamsbane armor requirement. If that story mission pops up for the moon weekly heroic, you can start the mission and recover the artifact without any dreamsbane armor on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m almost a hundred percent convinced that the raid isn’t matchmaking me properly either. I keep loading into it alone and having to solo it. It’s not...hard. Just takes a while. Am I doing something wrong?

check your firewall?? that's ducked up dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sorry my phone got hacked i need to find some antivirus