Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Tei posted:

I am strangelly un-hyped. My expectations for this DLC are “the dark below” low. Maybe thats a good thing.
We get 1 new patrol area and 1 new strike and 2 new exotics, and this chair game with the gear that will be confusing for a few hours.

Considering The Dark Below only had 1 new strike and a raid plus Necrochasm IF you got a Crux of Crota to drop then things can only get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Hey remember the Siva Fallen that had new attacks?, Yeah we're just gonna slap red paint and red spikes on some Hive and call it a day, by the way here's every boss you've ever fought but red and glowing.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Calaveron posted:

So is the expansion good

That depends, its 80% recycled assets from all across D1 and 2 but it's fine otherwise.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The new solo comp queue is the sweatiest thing I've ever done in Destiny, I think my rear end is going to fall off from all the clenching I've done.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Last season did you find Iron Banner easier, or harder, than Quickplay?

I found it a lot easier then quickplay, I'd never touched a scout in PvP and was getting up to 10 kill streaks with it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's almost like the PvP gods aren't the focus of the current system, weird.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's pretty funny doming 3 people in a row with a bow but less funny when you get blown up by a Jade Rabbit shot 5 times in a row.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tei posted:

I was about to add "And we like it that way", but to be honest some quest are way to long even for occasional poopshockers like me.

Who are these people who like killing 1000 thrall to unlock sunshot or play 100 hours of gambit to unlock Breakneck and Delirium.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah I can see a lot of people maxing out the battle pass then bailing until the next season/pass.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vahtooch posted:

I feel they should embrace the chaos warframe /dynasty warriors style. Let us be the immortal magical space wizards we are and steam roll through those powerless scrubs.

Then you run into the ever present PvP balancing problem.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

frosteh posted:

Are there any other sources of Bright Engrams besides leveling up the season pass? I want that Ace of Spaces wep ornament.

Spend money in the Eververse.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Whoever at Bungie thought putting a rocket launcher kill quest in Iron Banner deserves to be dropkicked off a building, love to have matches where every single person is camping the heavy ammo spawns, even if you get a brick good luck surviving long enough to use it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

At least the Ghost doesn't contribute to your LL anymore like it did in D1.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Surprised we don't have someone with a comedy irish accent yet honestly.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Oh hell yeah!

I also got Telestro, some mega exotic 20 round shotgun, and the catalyst for that shotgun all within two rounds of gambit. I don't have too many non-quest exotics left to get. I wonder what drops when you're out of random exotics?

Random exotics.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Log posted:

No joke, I was cycling through everything I had. The most effective thing for the walker was standing next to it with a x3 Rampage sub gun. The loving servitor took for-loving-ever.

Were you refreshing the weapons of light buff from Saint's bubble? That helps a lot.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Not sure how long our boy Mithrax will be around for with Saint-14 back in town again, guy's got a date with a helmet real soon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I've been putting that off, but I've not got much to do so I'll go knock it out.

Should I hold off on booting up Destiny? I don't want my hoard deleted.

Its deleted whether you log in or not, its a database issue.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I think the Polaris Lance catalyst might be one of the biggest pain in the rear end things ever.

It's badly worded. But, "Hit four precision shots in a row. Then land a fifth shot that doesn't kill, but burns the enemy. Only burn damage counts."

Who loving thought that was a fun gameplay loop?

That was Warmind era Bungie, EP came from there and it was next to impossible to complete.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Fly Molo posted:

Yeah it's steadily gotten worse over time.

The good news: Bungie will be improving that performance in ~3 months

The bad news: they've announced they'll be improving the game's performance by deleting Io, Mars, Titan, and Leviathan.

That's still good news imo.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

jabro posted:

Yes I love content I paid for being taken out of the game.

Same if its bad/boring content, which it is.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Just use a Sniper/Linear Fusion or Leviathan's Breath to blow up the big Shreiker.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Note they're nerfing the sword on the 7th. It's accidentally doing too much damage.

Yeah, its spin attack still deals damage for a few seconds after the animation has ended, I only realized this myself a few days ago when a group of enemies randomly died after I'd finished my attack.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Fly Molo posted:

God dammit bungie

Why must they nerf everything that’s cool and fun

Because it was a very clear and obvious bug that shouldn't be happening?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Zeth posted:

I actually got Lumina! Didn't think I would but I tagged along with my roommate to a gambit prime and some unlucky bastard popped in right near me when I had rockets. It's a weird gun that I will probably never actually use but I like having it because I'm a huge dweeb who likes Notable Things In The Fiction.

Now go get Lumina's catalyst.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is cyberpunk supposed to have some pretty good pvp?

Well it won't have multiplayer until some unspecified time in the future, so no.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I just finished collecting all the calcified fragments and realized I've missed four. I've checked every spawn point on the four worlds and don't see any emblems for the fragments.

I'm going to have to go spot by spot with YouTube, aren't I? Heaven forbid they just mark all the spots with an X on the main map.

What more do you want, your Ghost literally highlights them for you to see when you have him out.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, what, you were expecting a good looking ship for free? That's not how this works buddy.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can't help but chuckle every time an American freaks out over the word.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

xzzy posted:

What's cool in console pvp now? All I got right now is the gun usage on destiny tracker, competitive is all handguns and shotguns so no surprises there.

But quickplay manages to sneak in some AR's and SMG's in to the long list of hand cannons and shotguns. Are those people idiots or are there good options? Are pulses and scouts dead again?

Obviously the new exotic is super popular but I assume that's gonna fall off once people get bored of the shiny or it gets nerfed for whatever reason.

edit - did the raise max look sensitivity on console? I swear it used to cap at 10.

Mythoclast is back as well as AR's getting buffed a few seasons back so quickplay is a free fire zone now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Destiny 2: Ghaul invades the Last City and puts a big magic cage around the Traveller which causes all Guardians to lose their light and many die, we get our powers back and kill Ghaul and the Traveller really kills him after he turns into a big white goopy ghost.

Curse of Orisis: We go to Mercury to find Osiris who vanished into the Infinite Forest, we find him and help him kill a big Vex called Panoptes.

Warmind: Rasputin the AI Warmind is under attack on Mars by Oryx's other son Nokris and a big stupid worm called Xol

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's what you get for supering/swording over to far off places you most likely aren't intended to reach yet.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Calling it now: they are killing off Spider

Mara already wants him dead for loving around with Uldren/Crow.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

PS4 players who only have Beyond Light, NOT Deluxe - how much does this say it costs:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-PPSA02410_00-D2BLDLX000000001/

Just trying to find something out.

£40.19 is the cost I get when I clicked on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

People use sparrows that aren't Always On Time?

Yeah, I use the cool sparrow you got from Heroic Menagerie.

Matching ship too.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 14, 2021