Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

Captain Log posted:

I was able to play the new Gambit thing last night. It was boring. But you can gamble weak whateverthefucks and need to pick a side with the drifter!

gently caress that irritating rear end in a top hat, I'm going Vanguard.

":ping, ping, ping: OH BOY! Looks like you need to bring a sword! VEX on the field!" Oh gently caress off.

He promised to make me rich so I sided with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

Rift was good in theory, awful in practice, at least solo.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

I am really enjoying the throwing knife

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

Captain Log posted:

XBOX QUESTION!!!

Where would be the best place to organize some RAID and other high tier fireteams? I've still not touched RAIDs or dungeons and would like to start finishing that poo poo before this game dies.

Destiny 2 app, or Xbox LFG

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

haveblue posted:

And no, I haven't tried it, because I've been dissuaded by good players whose opinions I trust expounding at length over how bad it is right now.

Reddit hates it so it must be bad. Solid logic there bud.

It’s elimination with unique rewards. It’s fun if you like pvp. If you don’t, clear you some bunkers and move on.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

Wavesplitter needs nerfed pretty badly. Most OP exotic in the game.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

sunday at work posted:

The big problem with sunsetting is Bungie still not understanding just how much your weapons contirbute to the the feel of playing the game; that your guns aren't just RPG loot you pick for stats and dismantle as soon as you find a piece with bigger numbers. In a sense your guns are your character in this game; they are far and away the most activly used part of your character and do more to shape and influence your game play - and how it feels to play destiny - than any other part of the game. We like our stuff in this game not just becuase of what that stuff does, but because of how it feels to use.

If Bungie wants people to be even somewhat OK with forcebly changing those guns then they need to give players more ways to build the rest of our characters. And no, Armor 2.0 was not it. Bringing back - and expanding - skill trees would be a great start. Skill Trees are where stats should be. If armor has to be random loot it should carry random roll perks and mods, not random stat rolls. Bottom line, if they are going to sunset our weapons, they need to offer more in return than new weapons to grind (with the same basic perks) that will eventually be sunset. Whatever they do people still won't like having to give up items they like to use.

Lol if you don’t think they are gonna just update the existing guns to year 4 that you have to chase again.

Only the pinnacles will truly be gone. And good riddance.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

anglachel posted:

GM's and Raids are "easy & peasy"? GM's are one thing, but alot of players struggle to not die on Raids in my experience. I dont think your claim that PVE is super easy holds true for a good chunk of the Destiny population, and you for sure just can't can't walk into those and run whatever you want.

There's also the alternate fact that you will struggle to find groups that will take you if you are not running whatever the "meta" loadout for the high end PVE content is.

High end pve just takes longer, unless you’re bad at the game and then I see how you would think it’s hard.

Edit: I never used MTT in pve and somehow I made it through the raids and dungeons.

GM Nightfalls are dumb.

Chappy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 6, 2020

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh also do you know about the Ghost Mods that give you free Enhancement Prisms, like, all the time? I know a few people who literally do not do any Nightfalls or Raids and they are just plain drowning in golfballs and piss crystals because every few Crucible Headshots gives them a Prism

It’s me. I’m the person he knows.

Cores and prisms rain down from the heavens in crucible as long as you get headshots

Chappy fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 30, 2021

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

haveblue posted:

In playlist activities you should be running the ghost mods that give extra gear drops

Yes 4 legendary shards is way better than an enhancement prism

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

I don’t know what colors the shields are. I only know the sound they make when they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

life_source posted:

Maybe I'm frustrated because 100% of this guy's (generic non gendered singluar pronoun) problems are solved by just selecting and completing an activity instead of "moving on when it says locked" which I'm not sure even actually exists in the game.

Maybe I'm also frustrated because this kind of lovely brainworms is touted out in the thread all the time when someone explicitly says they want to play the campaign once and get told to buy the $150 dollar deluxe package.

Maybe you should stop caring about things that don’t matter at all? Seems weird to be frustrated over any of this.