Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I haven't played since forsaken and there are a ton more treadmills than before so I'm not 100% certain what I should be doing for the next two months. I bought shadowkeep. I assume I can shard every piece of old style armor? What about guns? I'm only like rank 12 or 13 on the season pass so I can't do much with that dodad that changes engrams. i'm not 1k+ power yet either but I'm pretty close. what should I be going for? what guns are hot poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

haveblue posted:

Year 1 armor (no mod slot, lets you change masterwork) is pretty worthless unless you're going for very esoteric builds, so yeah, you can toss it. Any Y1 stuff can be pulled back out of collections anyway.

Everything else is fully usable for the rest of the season; when the next season starts (November) anything earlier than season 9 won't be usable in endgame activities, specifically anything whose power cap is 1060.

Once you get the engram thingy, try to get a good Gnawing Hunger, a good Night Watch, and a good Falling Guillotine. The one from the season pass is 75% of the way to perfect but you can get slightly better ones as drops. There are some other good guns that can come out of engrams too, like the Seventh Seraph SMG and shotgun; these are also the only ones that can use the Warmind Cell mechanic that some of the mods mention. Roll up a decent set of armor because what you have now is definitely going to get retired next season.

Thanks! Are there any currencies I should avoid using excessively because they will carry over in November? Thinking things like whatever you use to increase the level of weapons and armor and the like. Is there an optimal stat loadout I should be aiming for with armor? Are those random rolls on same named stuff? Warlock has usually been my primary.