Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
As a new player since the quarantine the game is real fun and, having been more or less poopsocking because my industry no longer exists and I'm trying to fight off The Terror, I'm now two months in and starting to bump up against "oh jesus, what. why? why would you do this?" on a regular basis. This has mostly recently come through iron banner, where the team that wins is the one that has fewer people on it trying to grind out bow kills.

Bushiz fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Fly Molo posted:

Yeah, that’s the life cycle of a destiny player:

Month 1: holy poo poo this owns :catdrugs:
Month 3: wow, uh, lots of ball-throwing mechanics? And I have to grind for how many headshots?? :stonklol:
Month 6: goddamMIT BUNGIE I JUST EARNED THAT :supaburn:
Month 9: IM DONE WITH THIS poo poo, gently caress YOU BUNGO :bungie:
Month 12+: lmao no i will not log off you can’t make me :brainworms:

I could honestly handle the nightmarish grinds if it weren't for the fact that they all encourage what amounts to trolling your team in any kind of group activity.