Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Emron posted:

Strikes are my second least favorite activity in the game, barely beating out the horror that is gambit.
Gambit weapons have probably my favorite aesthetic of all the activity rewards, and I've resigned myself to never getting any of them because of how tedious I find actually playing Gambit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Huckleberry's catalyst is the only one I've ground out that never once felt like a chore while I was doing it. The catalyst effect is "what if the gun's exotic gimmick, but MORE", which is great, and it's a gun that I always come back to because it's one of my favorites for clearing trash mobs and adds.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
The thing that really shits me is that there's no north indicator on the radar. gently caress popping into a zone and immediately having to check the map to see what the hell direction I'm looking.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Roman posted:

Y1 guns still come from giving materials to planet vendors (but they do give armor 2.0 now). I don't know if they still drop in the world.

There's a bunch of stuff still left over from Y1. One of the Nessus adventures still lists "Nessus Token" as a reward and Failsafe still refers to Cayde in one of the patrol voiceovers
I was bored and clearing out some adventures I never bothered to do a few days ago, and the reward from one was EDZ Token and Common Gear. That's what I want right there, five dusklight shard and a green gun. Turning in planetary mats still makes reference to increasing your reputation, which isn't a thing anymore either.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Huckleberry is now and forever.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Just gonna quote myself from way back.

Moe_Rahn posted:

Huckleberry's catalyst is the only one I've ground out that never once felt like a chore while I was doing it. The catalyst effect is "what if the gun's exotic gimmick, but MORE", which is great, and it's a gun that I always come back to because it's one of my favorites for clearing trash mobs and adds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Gambit is less bad than it was but it's still not good enough to make me want to grind it. Which sucks because I still like the Gambit weapon aesthetic.