Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Heylo my friends! I am some dump American who lives in Japan (Osaka specifically, it's a cool place). Japan tends to have a lot of competition when it comes to drinks/snacks for some reason. I'm not sure why but it's just the way it is. Wild stuff. But guess what? I'm going to try to share this wild and wacky experience (crazy, I know) with you; the posting audience! Wow! Out of control I know. Please contribute in whatever way you see fit (just don't be too mean please, I am fragile like a Faberge egg).

First up: I saw a drink called Sweet Kiss. It has been more than a second since somebody kissed me smack on the lips and made them sweet (I am not very cool, shocking I know). It was alright. Better than I expected since it was made by a soft drink company here that tends to make pretty cheap drinks. An American I know here said it tastes like Mountain Dew. I may have been here too long because to me it tastes like a sweeter version of a lemon flavored soda here that I'm very fond of called C.C. Lemon.

https://imgur.com/a/7BUNzjQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Next up: Apple Coca-Cola.

Despite my facial expression it actually wasn't awful. It tastes like...a mixture of apple and Coca-Cola. Freakishly so.

I need to find weirder poo poo. If you know of anything let me know! I'm a glutton for punishment!

Escape From Noise

Next up a Halloween alcoholic beverage: Neon Green! It's only 3% alcohol by volume. It's supposed to be lemon liquor and Chardonnay. Let's see what's up!

Okay well, despite the name it's not THAT green.

Taste profile is incredibly cloyingly sweet. Also some lemon I guess.

Finger Prince

Get some of those fizzy white drinks. Like calpis soda or whatever that are like calpis but off-brand.
Cc lemon is da bomb.

Finger Prince

Drink the vending machine canned corn soup.

Finger Prince

Get one of each vending machine hot and cold coffee and do a comparison of them all and don't sleep for like a week.

nut

teacher, i drank my cocktail partner

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Get some of those fizzy white drinks. Like calpis soda or whatever that are like calpis but off-brand.
Cc lemon is da bomb.

C.C. Lemon is my favorite non tea soft drink.

Finger Prince posted:

Drink the vending machine canned corn soup.

I think that's a winter thing, but as soon as I see it I'll get it! I also saw beef soup a while ago.

Finger Prince posted:

Get one of each vending machine hot and cold coffee and do a comparison of them all and don't sleep for like a week.

Oh you know it. Boss Coffee bb!

death sext

It is my dream to experience all the drinks in the world, thamk you for letting me live through you and I look forward to your future drinks reports

Escape From Noise

death sext posted:

It is my dream to experience all the drinks in the world, thamk you for letting me live through you and I look forward to your future drinks reports

Just doing my part. I wouldn't say I'm a hero but I suppose the title has been thrust upon me

Heather Papps

hello friend

i heard is a secret vending machine in a shuttered subway station that sells ponce de leon juice have you heard of this?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
i like this thread, please do more!

y'all got some good weird candy, too. my friend gets candy from Japan sometimes, and let me try the matcha kit kat. it was amazing. I hear you can get them in the states now and am excited

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

i heard is a secret vending machine in a shuttered subway station that sells ponce de leon juice have you heard of this?

If I knew about it I wouldn't just broadcast that on the internet!

Hugh Malone posted:

i like this thread, please do more!

y'all got some good weird candy, too. my friend gets candy from Japan sometimes, and let me try the matcha kit kat. it was amazing. I hear you can get them in the states now and am excited

Oh yeah. There are a ton of different Kit Kats. The most recent was lemons and sea salt from a certain area of Japan. Also recently they released chestnut as well as sweet potato kit kats for the fall!

I'll try and be on the look out for more stuff! I went to the convenience store but I didn't see anything too wild.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
How about some of the energy drinks they market to exam students and overworked salarymen?

Escape From Noise

Barking Gecko posted:

How about some of the energy drinks they market to exam students and overworked salarymen?

Like Ripobitan D? Man. I hate those... There was an old lady near the last place I worked who would always get them for me. She said if I drank them I'd become handsome.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Like Ripobitan D? Man. I hate those... There was an old lady near the last place I worked who would always get them for me. She said if I drank them I'd become handsome.

Did it work?

Escape From Noise

Barking Gecko posted:

Did it work?

I usually just gave them to my coworker

Finger Prince

I usually just gave them to my coworker

Your strangely alluring, handsome coworker.

Escape From Noise

Not the CRAZIEST bit I got white peach Skal (love Skal)

Here we gooooooo

Kind of like Calpis soda of you've ever had that. Very sweet and slightly creamy (from the lactose I think?).

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

OK so what's the secret to getting the marble out of those novelty drinks?? I want the marble

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Escape From Noise

Chill la Chill posted:

OK so what's the secret to getting the marble out of those novelty drinks?? I want the marble

Ramune? Smash the bottle.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Ramune? Smash the bottle.

"Since children smashed the bottles to retrieve the marbles, vintage bottles are relatively scarce and have become collector items, particularly in the UK. A cobalt coloured Codd-neck bottle can fetch hundreds of British pounds at auction.
Bilas, a company in Portugal, created a soda named after the bottle design (Pirulito). However, the marble inside did not seal the liquid. Instead it was a normal cap which could be removed without breaking the bottle.

Codd-neck bottles are still used for the Japanese soft drink Ramune and the Indian drink Banta."

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

"I want an intact bottle and the marble!" is the new having the cake and eating it

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Escape From Noise

I did it

I have drunk it before. I said I never would again

but God damnit! I do it for you! That's right! I'm going to drink Lifesaver energy drink (with royal jelly). For you!

Here goes!

Friends. It is so bad. It is like if Smarties was a soda. Please, don't drink it. I appreciate their support of the LGBT+ community I guess but, as much as I hate to say it. As much as it pains me. Oh God. It is awful.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Did u drink the snake liquor

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Get yourself a Pocari Sweat. It's got electrolytes. Electrolytes are what plants crave.

Escape From Noise

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Did u drink the snake liquor

Years ago when I was in Okinawa. It was very herbal.

Escape From Noise

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Get yourself a Pocari Sweat. It's got electrolytes. Electrolytes are what plants crave.

I drank a lot of booze today so I probably should have.

death sext

Heather Papps

hello friend

Friends. It is so bad. It is like if Smarties was a soda. Please, don't drink it. I appreciate their support of the LGBT+ community I guess but, as much as I hate to say it.

what are smarties where you are?

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

what are smarties where you are?

Those weird chalky candies in a plastic roll that you get on Halloween and just scarf em because they are there.

Escape From Noise

Yeah. That bunny wants blood.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Those weird chalky candies in a plastic roll that you get on Halloween and just scarf em because they are there.

get ready pal

take a minute and i'll blow your loving mind

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

get ready pal

take a minute and i'll blow your loving mind

https://www.candydistrict.com/products/smarties-candy

Heather Papps

hello friend

Escape From Noise

Oh right. Sorry. Forgot about the whole Commonwealth meaning if Smarties.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hot take: smarties are objectively worse than M&M's

Heather Papps

hello friend

Oh right. Sorry. Forgot about the whole Commonwealth meaning if Smarties.

Finger Prince

Yeah those are rockets, I don't care what heresy the US put on their labels. Also I always thought red bull tasted like liquid rockets.
Also they were made in my home town during prime trick or treating years so there was always an endless, endless supply of them. You'd be eating rockets well into the new year.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

lol if u don't put the whole rockets roll in ur mouf at a time