Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mods, feel free to NOT move this to CD so I can discuss this upcoming NETFLIX EVENT on October 11 with my TV/IV brethren. I drove my beat-up ride all throughout this desert of a forum and I couldn't find a thread for it.

Been itching to see what happened after our boy Jesse Pinkman broke out of the skinhead Nazi compound? Will there be a connection to Better Call Saul like my wild imagination has been projecting? Ghost Mike? Ghost Walt?

We'll find out in less than two weeks.

Trailers:

Shorter, non spoilery Emmy commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7Aii1Fyq4

Full trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLUn2DFW4w

Poster:

Breaking Bad Memorial Thread (Archived):
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573751

Better Call Saul Season 4 Thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864512

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

BUMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfxMIhEUrQ

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I was looking for a thread like this (or at least a BCS pre-season 5 thread) the other day, and was actually surprised that I couldn't find one. Thanks for making this :toot:

So.... who do you think is the one asking Jesse if he's 'ready'? And what is he ready for? :ohdear:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm trying to think what loose ends there are for him to chase up and I'm coming up blank. It's edited in a way to make it look like a revenge movie but that might just be marketing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm trying to think what loose ends there are for him to chase up and I'm coming up blank. It's edited in a way to make it look like a revenge movie but that might just be marketing.

Yeah, Jesse's adversaries who are dead:

- Walt
- Jack and his nazi crew
- Lydia
- Declan and his guys
- Hank and Gomez
- Gus

So... like... is he going to take on the cartel? The DEA?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So.... who do you think is the one asking Jesse if he's 'ready'? And what is he ready for? :ohdear:

Vacuum repair guy finally sending him off to Alaska?? Maybe.

Dunno, this is a tough one. Maybe the people Lydia was working with in the Czech Republic making a visit to see why there was radio silence in the US (because everyone was dead)

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Brock.

There's a picture of him and his mom is in the trailer. Jesse's relationship with Andrea and her murder was his emotional flashpoint in the last season of BB.

And iirc, in the Talking Bad finale, Aaron Paul talked about how Jesse would immediately try to find Brock when he got away from the nazis.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I just rewatched the last few episode of Breaking Bad and I don't think I can watch this. I really don't want to revisit the misery and horror that show left off with. Jesus Christ I think the one of the scenes in the trailer is a flashback of the nazis forcing him to bury Andrea.

Nope.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just rewatched the last few episode of Breaking Bad and I don't think I can watch this. I really don't want to revisit the misery and horror that show left off with. Jesus Christ I think the one of the scenes in the trailer is a flashback of the nazis forcing him to bury Andrea.

Nope.

Like a new flashback? Holy gently caress, that would be cold.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nope.

I don't want to see this either.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Like a new flashback? Holy gently caress, that would be cold.

Yeah the bit where he's burying someone in the desert. He's wearing the same clothes and has the same hair as when he was being held prisoner and the curly brown hair could be hers.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looking forward to this. This is why Bettter Call Saul has a break this year.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

I think its more likely he is making amends as much as possible before he goes away, which could include Brock, his friends, Marie (The police cars being Hank's funeral), Mike's daughter, maybe Walt's family last, I could see flashbacks for Mike and a surprise Walt flashback towards the end.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

This isn’t the case. Gilligan hasn’t really been involved in Saul post-s3 outside from directing one episode of s4, largely because he’s been working on this. The Saul delay is for separate reasons.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Because Walt died Jessie is going to be fine, i just don't see how.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

This isn’t the case. Gilligan hasn’t really been involved in Saul post-s3 outside from directing one episode of s4, largely because he’s been working on this. The Saul delay is for separate reasons.
Source on any of this? Gilligan has been heavily involved in breaking stories in the writer’s room for season four IIRC and talked about doing so in the BCS podcast every week

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

Source on any of this? Gilligan has been heavily involved in breaking stories in the writer’s room for season four IIRC and talked about doing so in the BCS podcast every week

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/vince-gilligan-better-call-saul-interview-704094/

quote:

I recently spoke with Gilligan about those early days when he and Gould — who became sole showrunner this year while Gilligan largely focused on developing other ideas — had to wonder if they’d made a terrible mistake.

Also talks about it in this interview: https://youtu.be/JYHUkFXnEw8

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Oh yeah, he's definitely "less involved" for sure, but that's different than "not really involved." Season two's the only season where Gilligan directed more than one episode. (He did two).

Nope.
Jesus, i was wondering about that part of the trailer. I kinda liked how dark things got at the end of BB, but more of it's gonna be tough

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

The Finer Arts > TV IV > El Camino: Better Call Paul

Normally I would say this sounds like a lovely cash grab and a horrible idea that will do nothing but tarnish the legacy of BB, but I also in no way believed that Saul Goodman could carry a one hour drama series and welp. At this point I'm willing to give Vince and co. the benefit of the doubt and at least be cautiously optimistic.

Most interested in how much Cranston action we're going to get via new flashbacks.

e:
Another couple of videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKqMVPlDg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBJ9JTUoPwg

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

The Finer Arts > TV IV > El Camino: Better Call Paul

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's going to be a straight up comedy ripoff of "My Name Is Earl" with Jesse running around Greater Albuquerque with his List trying to make things right and getting into hilarious situations!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

- Walt
- Jack and his nazi crew
- Lydia
- Declan and his guys
- Hank and Gomez
- Gus

Isn't there still like $8 million of Walt's money that the Nazis buried (or hid somewhere on the compound)?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It's weird. I really love Breaking Bad but I don't know how much I'm clamoring for us to return to Jesse's character. He ended up horribly traumatized, his life in shambles, but...with a little bit of ambiguous hope at the end of the show. I don't how much I really need to see him struggling to survive anymore - because as the trailer shows and what the most plausible scenario for him here on out and is on constant run from the cops and his life.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MightyJoe36 posted:

Isn't there still like $8 million of Walt's money that the Nazis buried (or hid somewhere on the compound)?

I think it was quite a bit more than that, but i can't remember for sure. Either way, the money's gonna be pretty difficult one to find unless Jesse finds a clue somewhere since anyone who knows where the money's at is dead.

Mike N Eich posted:

It's weird. I really love Breaking Bad but I don't know how much I'm clamoring for us to return to Jesse's character. He ended up horribly traumatized, his life in shambles, but...with a little bit of ambiguous hope at the end of the show. I don't how much I really need to see him struggling to survive anymore - because as the trailer shows and what the most plausible scenario for him here on out and is on constant run from the cops and his life.

Yeah, his life is certainly is going to be rough, but I have to imagine that things will look up for Jesse in the end and maybe he gets a bit more closure than we see at the end of BB. I want to believe that Gilligan and co have a good story to tell if they're bringing him back. I was skeptical about BCS for similar reasons, but they managed to give us a really good story we never even knew we needed.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah i kind of feel like this exists because they decided that one little bit of ambiguous hope wasn't enough, and the character needs actual closure

BB tied off Walt's story pretty neatly, but it left the one that frankly more people cared about up in the air

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Last Chance posted:

I think it was quite a bit more than that, but i can't remember for sure. Either way, the money's gonna be pretty difficult one to find unless Jesse finds a clue somewhere since anyone who knows where the money's at is dead.

Yeah, his life is certainly is going to be rough, but I have to imagine that things will look up for Jesse in the end and maybe he gets a bit more closure than we see at the end of BB. I want to believe that Gilligan and co have a good story to tell if they're bringing him back. I was skeptical about BCS for similar reasons, but they managed to give us a really good story we never even knew we needed.

For whatever it's worth, some site had an interview with Aaron Paul, who described how he just went silent for a long time when he first read the end of El Camino. He was just stunned after reading it, and had to take a while to process it all. That could just be clickbait-y info, probably is, but hey, if it's not... :toot:?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also, this gives them the chance to reveal that Walt didn't actually die in the Nazi compound and was rescued by emergency personnel and is doing just fine running the local prison.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Did Walt ever snitch? I can't remember anymore.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did Walt ever snitch? I can't remember anymore.

No. Unless you count the fake snitching on Hank lol

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Last Chance posted:

Could be Jesse knows where the money is, because he probably was forced to help bury it. They were never letting him leave alive anyway.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

Could be Jesse knows where the money is, because he probably was forced to help bury it. They were never letting him leave alive anyway.

I don't think Jack's gang was dumb enough to do that, honestly. They weren't the brightest bulbs, but letting a "rat" know where your money was hidden seems out-of-character and frankly insane for them

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

- Walt
- Jack and his nazi crew
- Lydia
- Declan and his guys
- Hank and Gomez
- Gus

Wasn't there one nazi who got up and ran away after the machine gun ran out of bullets?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

Wasn't there one nazi who got up and ran away after the machine gun ran out of bullets?

No, that didn't happen.

The only nazis who survived the m60 were Jack and Todd, who were then killed by Walt and Jesse respectively.

Whenever I see both of those deaths, I'm reminded of how horrified Walt was when he killed Krazy 8 with the bike lock, and how Jesse was traumatized by having to shoot Gale. And now, their final kills in the show are the opposite of their first. Neat.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
However the movie ends, I want a bonus on the Blu-Ray that's Todd in Bojack Horseman waking up and telling Bojack about the horrible nightmare he just had.

quote:

I don't think Jack's gang was dumb enough to do that, honestly. They weren't the brightest bulbs, but letting a "rat" know where your money was hidden seems out-of-character and frankly insane for them

I mean, I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't really see the harm. If he got out they'd be in enough poo poo they couldn't spend the money anyway.

quote:

"And I was married to a hot blonde..."

"...he'd stay stuff like YEAH B-WORD, SCIENCE"

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 10, 2019

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hell yeah, I'm in. Now to spend the next 60 hours rewatching BB...

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

However the movie ends, I want a bonus on the Blu-Ray that's Todd in Bojack Horseman waking up and telling Bojack about the horrible nightmare he just had.

So when does Netflix stuff typically drop? Midnight the day of in a particular timezone?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Takes No Damage posted:

So when does Netflix stuff typically drop? Midnight the day of in a particular timezone?

Midnight Pacific, generally.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Which is also probably when Netflix will crash.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just a quick “this is out now!” bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

:unsmith:

It was good, it was a little bit more breaking bad, which while not needed, I'll take it.

It was 'subtle' and didn't try to be too crazy.