Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what the hell do i do with the cat
pet the cat
feed the cat
?
????????
View Results

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
so walking home from work today, i got off work around 11:30pm anf home about half after midnight. theres a cat near my door. as i usually do when i see strange cats on the street, i blurt out "hey kitty". except normal indoor/outdoor cats never respond. sometimes they look but thats always been it. but this cat came running up to me, meowing repeatedly, and kept rubbing on me and meowing in a fairly distressing-sounding way til i picked her up. once i picked her up she stopped. i set her down again and she just straight followed me into my apartment building, wailing at me and figure-8-ing my legs the whole way. so i picked her up again, and set her in my bathroom. i grew up around cats and so feel fairly well equipped enough to say she definitely sounded in distress, and was not even a little bit shy. im pretty confident i found someones missing housecat. she has a collar on but no tags. the local craigslist has no missing ads that match her description. i have never found a missing pet in my adult life. how do i find the human that goes to this cat. i dont even know where to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you know of a local rescue or shelter they might be able to house the cat for you as well just doing a scan for a microchip. Otherwise, if you really want to keep the cat around for a bit you can put posters up and house the thing til something turns up. Cat food and water and litter if you're hanging onto it for awhile. Is she skinny? Well fed? There's a chance she could just be abandoned too.

ps, if you arent near groceries with cat food just springwater packed fish or plain chicken that'd be a thing to feed it with water. Dont feed it milk no matter what cartoons say.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Sep 27, 2019

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

OMGVBFLOL posted:

so walking home from work today, i got off work around 11:30pm anf home about half after midnight. theres a cat near my door. as i usually do when i see strange cats on the street, i blurt out "hey kitty". except normal indoor/outdoor cats never respond. sometimes they look but thats always been it. but this cat came running up to me, meowing repeatedly, and kept rubbing on me and meowing in a fairly distressing-sounding way til i picked her up. once i picked her up she stopped. i set her down again and she just straight followed me into my apartment building, wailing at me and figure-8-ing my legs the whole way. so i picked her up again, and set her in my bathroom. i grew up around cats and so feel fairly well equipped enough to say she definitely sounded in distress, and was not even a little bit shy. im pretty confident i found someones missing housecat. she has a collar on but no tags. the local craigslist has no missing ads that match her description. i have never found a missing pet in my adult life. how do i find the human that goes to this cat. i dont even know where to start

A super friendly cat is probably someone's, the question is whether it got out or was dumped. Any vet or shelter will be able to scan for a microchip but if they find one they won't tell you the info off it, instead they will try to call the listed contact number and give them your contact info.

It is a rather unlikely with a collared cat but just to be sure check her belly and see if there is any sign of swollen nipples. Don't want to be missing any kittens.

In the US at least almost every single gas station and convenience store will have cat litter and canned cat food. They will be low quality and overpriced but ok for a day or two.

Also it is imperative that you pet that kitty.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i gave her a bowl of water and she didn't seem interested. i opened up a can of tuna and she was all about that. ate about half of it

she's not super skinny but definitely on the svelte side of normal. i guess when the stores open ill pick up some cat litter and a catbox, if the local vet doesn't find a chip

in the meantime i petted her a lot and now shes asleep on my jacket

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
way to go goon

doin fine so far :)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

got a cardboard box in the bathroom with her while i make coffee. gonna take her to the local vet and see if shes a robocat

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

robocat confirmed. the vet said they'd left a voicemail with the contact on the chip and they'd hold her til the owner picked her up. they also said she's been there once before last year, so she seems to be an escape artist.

well it was fun having a cat for twelve hours

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

this is now the "help i found a lost pet" ultrathread

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Good job getting the cat back to her family, OP! :)