Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyiko
May 24, 2006

Naw. KAWS is dope. High end fluctuations will happen independent of artist quality. I bought art that I like for $200-300 and is now valued at $700-1000. Whatever, I'm not going to sell it right now anyways. Still well worth $200-300 for me.

Quality and market price are not always related. Like Banksy for example. Okay art, but definitely not worth what the market says he is worth. I think for a lot of trendy artists, there was an initial buzz and then some rich rear end in a top hat decides to pay $1mil for a painting, so then another rich rear end in a top hat thinks that someone must think this is good enough to pay $1mil and it goes on from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU