Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Soonmot posted:

yeah but it's not fair to compare an interactive novel with an action rpg. HotF was nice and atmospheric, but playing the demo was more than enough for me to be done with it.

I just said I liked the demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i quoted the wrong post

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheOnyxPath/status/1300855948076933120

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My Promethean campaign has been going well but man it took...17 sessions for all of my players to leave their starting refinements.

I'm running a session tonight that, depending on my player's choices, may turn into a somewhat extended Predator-inspired combat. What are some good ways to juice up an encounter with a hostile, stealthy, intelligent nemesis?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Y’all gonna finally get to see some of my paid writing work.

Titanomachy drops on DTRPG tomorrow, too.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Mors Rattus posted:

Y’all gonna finally get to see some of my paid writing work.

No poo poo? That's awesome, congrats.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

ritorix posted:

No poo poo? That's awesome, congrats.

Yep! I wrote the entire Tengri section and about half of the Anunna section.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Looking forward to reading it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What is Titanomachy, anyway? It's been on the boards for a while.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rand Brittain posted:

What is Titanomachy, anyway? It's been on the boards for a while.

I haven’t read it, since I didn’t work on it, but it is a book on Titans and monsters and how to use them as major antags/doing the Titan War concept that 1e was all about.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Scion-related, I know the initial release for Origin and Hero had editing issues. Have those all been corrected in the PoD options by now? I'm willing to shell out for new copies if it means they're more understandable.

And grats on hitting the big time, Mors. You should celebrate, buy a box of the top shelf macaroni and cheese!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think the editing issues have been fixed. I haven't gone back and checked in a bit, tho.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mors Rattus posted:

I haven’t read it, since I didn’t work on it, but it is a book on Titans and monsters and how to use them as major antags/doing the Titan War concept that 1e was all about.

Yeah judging by the kickstarter email I got it's the general antagonist/"Monster Manual" book, which is what people were really hoping Mythical Denizens would be before it turned out to actually be more along the lines of the Night Horrors books.

Which, hey, specific antagonists are good but some kind of information about the titanspawn in general might have been more useful at the start of the game's life

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Mors Rattus posted:

Yep! I wrote the entire Tengri section and about half of the Anunna section.

Anunna as in the Sumerian pantheon? I'm excited to learn more.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Joe Slowboat posted:

Correct. I think folks will like them, or at least like hating them. (They are quite possibly the most arrogant, imperious gods around. Enki’s a cool guy, at least.)

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Mors Rattus posted:

Correct. I think folks will like them, or at least like hating them. (They are quite possibly the most arrogant, imperious gods around. Enki’s a cool guy, at least.)

I mean, I like that particular pantheon quite a lot, they're an odd and interesting bunch. Not, y'know, remotely aligned with modern morality, but they're just a lot of fun.

Plus Inanna killed a mountain with a knife, and that's just impressive.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm enjoying Titanomachy, but keep noticing weird things. In the very first profile for Jörð they keep calling Sif Thor's mother and as far as I know she's never been referred to as such and certainly isn't in Hero.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dawgstar posted:

I'm enjoying Titanomachy, but keep noticing weird things. In the very first profile for Jörð they keep calling Sif Thor's mother and as far as I know she's never been referred to as such and certainly isn't in Hero.

Errata suggestions can be submitted here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevCA7KQY8tir2zT_ghLbV3x1Buh33BQwv26_QQqRpfSdQGnA/viewform

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
The Sif thing is an error, as the writer has said on OPP’s forum; it’s meant to be Frigg.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Frigg is also what the writer said when he discovered the error.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There's already a Dark Ages Vampire total conversion mod for Crusader Kings 3.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's already a Dark Ages Vampire total conversion mod for Crusader Kings 3.

Yep. Apparently a bunch of CK2 mod makers were given early access to CK3 specifically so they could get to work making mods for it.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I feel like you could make a genuinely compelling WoD mod in a CK style game, but it would need to hack away 99% of the world and have it set in a single city, with the provinces representing neighbourhoods and districts, and reducing the cast of characters from tens of thousands to a few hundred. That would be a much more intimate and interesting experience that captures some of the flavour of the tabletop in a way that the CK2 mod (spanning several centuries and half the planet) never could.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/scion-demigod-book-3-for-the-scion-second-edition-rpg

It’s here!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

communism bitch posted:

I feel like you could make a genuinely compelling WoD mod in a CK style game, but it would need to hack away 99% of the world and have it set in a single city, with the provinces representing neighbourhoods and districts, and reducing the cast of characters from tens of thousands to a few hundred. That would be a much more intimate and interesting experience that captures some of the flavour of the tabletop in a way that the CK2 mod (spanning several centuries and half the planet) never could.

Just make a mod for the superior version of CK, Mountain Blade.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The clearly superior option is a Dwarf Fortress mod so that you can gently caress poo poo up in fortress (prince) mode and then wander around in the wreckage in adventurer (neonate) mode.

Patch notes: The CSV table for psychology was off by one value so that's why everyone has been diablerizing each other instead of sleeping during the day.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Project Update: The rechecks are all wrapped and, with one exception (the spirit entries, which are a whole other deal), the dataset is now finalized. The simplified version is also ready to go once it's split into appropriate time period subsets. I'll share a few snippets as we go but save the bulk of the resulting charts for the final publication, which will be available PWYW on the vault with the big book of WoD graphs, the data set itself, hopefully the barebones timeline, and extras on vampire feeding patterns, the implications of Kinfolk heredity patterns, and a couple of sections on how to actually use all this nonsense to either 'fill in the gaps' where the world as published differs from the world as represented or to just do your own thing. The deluxe timeline will have to wait until 2021 since it requires me to write a history of the entire world that weaves all this poo poo into it which is... A Task, to say the least, especially since I went to law school and became a legal philosopher so I specialize in a level of pedantry and precision almost totally incompatible with the level of 'gently caress it, good enough' required to document the history of the entire world in less than 60,000 volumes.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I came back to these threads at exactly the right time.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I have been reading Titanomachy this morning, and I really like it so far. Definitely one of the coolest monster manuals I have ever seen. Everything is mostly quick and very usable, and the stuff outside the endless lists of enemies are also a delight.

Mostly, I am glad the Hecatoncheires both have stats and are the absurd Bad-Asses they are in mythology.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Loomer posted:

Project Update: The rechecks are all wrapped and, with one exception (the spirit entries, which are a whole other deal), the dataset is now finalized. The simplified version is also ready to go once it's split into appropriate time period subsets. I'll share a few snippets as we go but save the bulk of the resulting charts for the final publication, which will be available PWYW on the vault with the big book of WoD graphs, the data set itself, hopefully the barebones timeline, and extras on vampire feeding patterns, the implications of Kinfolk heredity patterns, and a couple of sections on how to actually use all this nonsense to either 'fill in the gaps' where the world as published differs from the world as represented or to just do your own thing. The deluxe timeline will have to wait until 2021 since it requires me to write a history of the entire world that weaves all this poo poo into it which is... A Task, to say the least, especially since I went to law school and became a legal philosopher so I specialize in a level of pedantry and precision almost totally incompatible with the level of 'gently caress it, good enough' required to document the history of the entire world in less than 60,000 volumes.

I am unreasonably excited to see all of this, especially given that the release of The Project might end the earth.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Slowboat posted:

The latest update had a look at some of them - Ishtar, Marduk, Ereshkigal and Enki.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I cannot tell you how happy I am with the pantheon shield/symbol they went with.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Is there a public location I can see those at? That’s a solid four to get a sense of how Scion’s handling the Anunnaki.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 5, 2020

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The update with the preview of them is publicly viewable, though the manuscript section containing the rest will need you to be a backer when it goes up.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Mors Rattus posted:

The update with the preview of them is publicly viewable, though the manuscript section containing the rest will need you to be a backer when it goes up.

They’re pretty fun! I liked the note of a me for establishing an orbit around the Earth.

Would you be willing to tell us what their special power is, the way the Theoi have Metamorphosis? I’m very curious because I assumed it would be the mes. Is it melam, the divine garment?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I love that they don't care that they have multiple true creation myths, just as long as their pantheon comes out on top in the end.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Joe Slowboat posted:

They’re pretty fun! I liked the note of a me for establishing an orbit around the Earth.

Would you be willing to tell us what their special power is, the way the Theoi have Metamorphosis? I’m very curious because I assumed it would be the mes. Is it melam, the divine garment?

I didn’t write that bit, but it’s not directly taken from any specific religious thing. The name we went with was Shuila and the concept is essentially divine authority. Anunna Scions and Gods are able to declare themselves in charge of whatever they feel like, basically, and it’s very hard to argue.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Makes sense given their deal as “extremely old and extremely self-important” in Scion. I’ve got a pseudo-Sumerian/Babylonian mythic fantasy setting for home games, so I’ve been mucking around with knowingly semi-accurate but hopefully fun articulations of concepts like the mes, melam, ni, and the cosmology of the Enuma Elish creation story in particular.

(Also the players might run into Gilgamesh at some point.)

E: actually is Utnapishtim a canon NPC in Scion 2e?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We didn't write him up, but I'm pretty sure there's at least a reference to the guy in there somewhere.

Certainly if I ran a game, he'd still be around and alive somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

(Also, re: the Ebih story, there is apparently no enemy of the gods more patient and terrifying than rocks, between Inanna vs Ebih and Ninurta vs Asag. With the possible exception of salt water.)