Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't played mafia in a couple years but have been getting into town of salem lately so thought i'd give it a go again. looking forward to being killed d1 so i can leave for another year or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Hello, I'm a good guy. A carrier pigeon told me hal is a filthy capitalist tho

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Capitalism sucks and all but how are we going to find scum with everyone talking like this

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Can't say for sure if the scum are capitalists but capitalists are definitely scum

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Hello, I am ready to post. the weekends are bad days for posting.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
In my careful reading of this pathetic thread of single sentence (or single word) effortless joke posts, I found one comment only that stands out as suspicious in this day one crapshoot.

Toalpaz posted:

I think we need to kill everyone who says scum are capitalists because there's no evidence they aren't imperialists (czarists?)

##vote Lieth

What is the meaning of this post? Imagine yourself from this poster's pov. As town, one would take it for granted that the scum are a non-communist, and the most obvious incarnation of a non-communist is a capitalist. However, a scum would think "oh god, should I know if the scum is capitalists or not? should I say something, or not? OH GOD" and then go google for other opponents of communism and post with sweaty palms this awkward 'reminder' that 'maybe it's not capitalists, because we townies wouldn't know that, right guys??'

in conclusion, with a lovely, lazy day as usual in mafia, kill this person for having a slightly questionable post:

##vote toalpaz

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
who is burgerman

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

They are the vote leaders with less than 12 hours to go and I am already voting Toalpaz

And it’s day 1

hahha have you played mafia before? "less than 12 hours" that's an eternity man. no reason to try to segregate it to whoever happens to have votes on them right now. what are your thoughts? is there a case against binus that people are just keeping in their heads and not talking about?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also i missed your follow up posts, i can understand that

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
this kind of attitude is pretty much why i quit mafia. no matter the content, the post leader gets killed, thus encouraging the lurky boring games of flat-line thoughtless jokey discussion with everyone afraid to give a sincere opinion or TRY to do ANYthing because if they do they get jumped on with this kind of bullshit.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

moreover, Someone has to die D1? your vote on yoalpaz is based on one jokey post, how is that any better or worse than my binus case

because none of your quoted binus posts come along with any reasoning why the posts are scummy.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it just reads like 'he's saying things!!1!!'

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
not really. masonries are pointless to hide if they are unconfirmed. i'm in an unconfirmed masonry too. why hide it?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

Its quitting time, see you tomorrow folks.

hahahah

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
well i wish you would have elaborated more in your original post cause now i read that again and it is kind of weird.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it reads like 'i know there are masonries in this game and i want to know who else is in one, but I don't want to say that i am in one for some reason'

which is weird, but what is the pov of this kind of weird reasoning? because town can have weird/dumb reasoning very easily.

does scum benefit from knowing if there are other masonries out there? I don't see how. If there could be a reason why scum could benefit from knowing who masons are, then I could definitely see this as fishing, but I'm not coming up with any reason why a scum would care about masonries. I haven't played in a long time though, help me out yall

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SolusLunes posted:

man I can't believe I didn't make any jokephase posts at all, I'm frankly disappointed in myself

i'm not, but you should make some real posts too. what are your thoughts on who the badguys are?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i believe in a thing called gut
just listen to the rhythm of your heart

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

how about you, derp, tell us who you think is scum while you are at it?

toalpaz, which is why im voting them. Im ambivalent on binus. I don't think they shouldn't be considered because they are the post leader, I was only bothered by the weak rear end reasons people had for voting for him, which seemed to me to be tied to the fact that he's posting a lot, so there's a lot of things to build your weak rear end reasoning on. Epsilon seems to be the only one with a sincere reason to be voting binus, everyone else just seems lazy. give me ur reasons.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
nice, this is my kind of scum team

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also I'm now leaning toward Binus being a loyal member of the party.

Maybe Toal jumped on a grenade to protect another filthy counter-revolutionary but honestly I'm leaning toward that being a bluff that didn't pay off given he had a pretty good power role.

a bluff? who was bluffing about what?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

this post is logically bad, but doesn’t seem like a very scummy thing to say either

i want to know what they are talking about, what bluff?? what does that mean

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

A Sometimes Food posted:

I felt like Toal voting themself was a bluff to try and get votes off them rather than an attempt to save Binus and so I'm leaning to Binus being town. At least for now.

oh, okay, missed that thanks

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
sandwolf having some really weird posts and ideas rn lol

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
seriously sandwolf rushing in here like 'all these people who voted scum, that doesnt make them town! it doesn't!!' is offputting

kind of agree with this:

merk posted:

Here's a bus vote. Leaves the door open to go back to b- (with literally no case whatsoever on b-).

##vote ASF

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

Real question: does Toal have external beef with anyone in this game?

a real weird question

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
that is classic scum thinking from squiggly, sad to say. a scum knows who the town is, so instead of looking for scummy posts they feel inclined to make these kinds of arguments based on game mechanics or outside information/meta/flavor/etc

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
sorry bro i play to win, hope its not tru but gotta call it like i see it

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
"stopped posting" being an entire 9 minutes. #wow #woah

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
am I defending merk? i thought i was attacking you. I think its v weird to try to say someone has 'stopped posting' when it hasn't even been ten minutes. in an internet forums game that's like taking a breath. v weird to try to call someone suspicious for that.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lol. really digging in on this one huh, haha. i'll let it speak for itself next time you have to take a poo poo or eat dinner or talk to the wife or go to the store or any infinite number of things that are more important that an internet game and last longer than ten minutes.

I know we talked about the odds of replacements being scum or town in the mason doc, it is something to think about, but i find it odd that you come out here and make a case about it right away. The town thing to do, imo, would be to read merk's posts and try to decide if they seem town or scum or not, and if they seem fishy, then you can add the fact that he is a replacement on top of it as more evidence. But you instead lead with the replacement theory, and then try to add to it this idea that not posting for ten minutes is some kind of tell. it just looks really bad, man

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you see.. i thought we had agreed on the opposite conclusion, that he could just as easily be town and it wasn't a very good argument...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I don't trust merk, or anyone.

i think your posts make sense now, after those last two posts

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Makes perfect sense. I always kill the lowest post count as scum. Gives no info to the town and also improves the game for everyone, and makes mods happy

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
That is a completely stupid line of reasoning, no reasonable scum would kill an obvious lynch target like binus. I'm willing to vote him just so we can move on and talk about other people

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I don’t see where anyone suggested binus was the intended night kill target? Why did you mention this?

it was late and i misread this post:

Epsilon Plus posted:

b-minus if the kill was redirected, who was the intended target and why?

thought he was saying the kill was redirected off of b

so i'm the one who is stupid in this case

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

That’s fine? I wasn’t responding to you I was responding to merk.

Your read on me is fine, and if binus is town I totally understand where you’re coming from. Likewise, if binus is town, I’m not gonna be as suspicious of you.

If binus is scum, and I believe he is (remember when he told me to imagine him as town and then avoided realizing this scenario), then your play turns from “thinking my tunnel is disingenuous” to “actively and emphatically trying to derail the lynch of a scum.”

such bad posts from you but this is one of the worst. do you think solus is being scummy right now? he seems pretty genuine to me. it's two days before deadline and having someone having a different opinion than you is “actively and emphatically trying to derail the lynch of a scum” holy moly

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
all sandwolf's posting since the start of today reads like scum who is hoping for an easy lynch on someone who was really suspicious yesterday, and now just CANT BELIEVE that people don't really want to kill the guy anymore.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

That looks a lot like emphatically and actively trying to derail a lynch to me, yes.

its just this word choice that bothers me. that you frame it this way seems ****disingenuous****

it's as if you are taking for granted that binus will be lynched, and here comes solus trying to "derail" it, a whole 2 days before deadline.

and all this is happening while i (and others) are still struggling to understand what exactly about yesterdays lynch (and what even in the first place?) made binus look so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Can you just, like, detail the scenario of yesterday’s deadline lynch, Toal’s play, and the lunch on Toal where b- is logically town? I’m not even trying to be a dick, why is everyone so insistent b- is town but cannot create a scenario where b- was town and Toal did what he did.

there's a million reasons why it could have happened that way. That you are trying to tie these two players together just because they both happened to be lynch candidates is also weird.

Here, i'll create some sane scenarios: Maybe toal thought it would get votes off him (what some people were calling a 'bluff gone wrong') maybe toal was frustrated and giving up. maybe toal was bored and doing it for a laugh. maybe toal wasn't reading the thread closely and didn't realize someone else was close to being voted up. Maybe toal didn't want to play anymore.

the contrived scenario that toal and binus were both scum, and toal was deciding to kill himself in order to save a scumbro who had a better role is just bizarre, and even more bizarre is that you expect it to be so obvious to everyone, and not the outlandish theory that it actually is. Have you ever known scum to do this? Especially a player who seemed to be so halfheartedly into the game like toal was? I just can't understand this thinking