Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm in comrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Glory to the great USSR even in these dark times. We will endure comrades.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

After B- flips town we should kill Tommu

Chain cuddling!?

There will be none of that here, praise the USSR. Long live the revolution.

##vote Toal

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Leith Maclaine posted:

This is someone who is trying to draw attention to himself by talking crazy. Who draws attention to themselves but capitalists trying to sell goods that are needed by everyone. Therefore Squiggly must be a capitalist.

##Vote Squiggly

It is the duty and distinction of the communist state to care for the infirm and those who cannot care for themselves. This is but one of the many ways we are superior to the heartless capitalist.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Solus

I trust b-minus1

Bold

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Picture this: a red crab wielding a hammer and sickle

Now picture an army of them

Communism works the same way

But crabs cannot march forward only side to side.

This sounds like subtle counter revolutionary thought.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The Freemasons are a prohibited organisation comrades.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is Squiggly usually like this or is it a d1 thing?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Fair enough.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Like what

Like that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Day 1 vote consolidation let's go

##vote binus

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Leith Maclaine posted:

Ahhh, the joy of people trying to increase the post count to avoid the lurker label. I need more popcorn.

Congratulations on your 10th post btw.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

##vote toal

I'm still good with a B vote, but honestly

##vote Toal

This kind of bluff feels like scum Toal to me.

Don't blink.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Do svidaniya Fisk

Come comrades the USSR needs us, enemies of the great and benevolent Party have been discovered and someone who was probably a comrade of ours in the most noble struggle against capitalism has been disappeared.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also I'm now leaning toward Binus being a loyal member of the party.

Maybe Toal jumped on a grenade to protect another filthy counter-revolutionary but honestly I'm leaning toward that being a bluff that didn't pay off given he had a pretty good power role.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

derp posted:

a bluff? who was bluffing about what?

I felt like Toal voting themself was a bluff to try and get votes off them rather than an attempt to save Binus and so I'm leaning to Binus being town. At least for now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

or the skill level of a dude who will pretend to be jester even after lynch was deemed less important than a person who has played mafia for awhile.

I uh. Don't think Toal is so green they'd do that even if both were scum.

Trying to upsell Binus as a mafia god other scum would fall on their swords to save the skill of D1 is a weird loving tactic dude.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also I mean, I'm not sure that's something either of them would go along with even if they decided it was objectively true.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

merk posted:

Here's a bus vote. Leaves the door open to go back to b- (with literally no case whatsoever on b-).

##vote ASF

It was D1, if I was a scum bus on Toal I wouldn't have equivocated. I would have stuck on Toal even if no one else voted cause a no cuddle or getting town would also be fine and it would look less suspicious than hedging.

I suppose if Binus had a role good enough to sacrifice a roleblocker that makes sense but I doubt that and I doubt scum would bus Toal d1 like that. And if you believe that then why the gently caress would you vote me and not the mastermind scum Toal and I are supposedly protecting?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Squiggly posted:

You heard me either you're making a great case (that I actually completely buy) but if he's not scum I'm not being fooled by scum merk for more than one day

Call it a chain lynch or whatever you want but I think you replacing in as scum is just as likely as toal jumping in for a lynch for his scum buddy

I mean Toal making a dumb bluff due to disengagement on their part or the wider scum team would fit with Tommu bailing and being replaced by Merk honestly.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

derp posted:

that is classic scum thinking from squiggly, sad to say. a scum knows who the town is, so instead of looking for scummy posts they feel inclined to make these kinds of arguments based on game mechanics or outside information/meta/flavor/etc

I mean some of those are bad things to make arguments on but replacements aren't the worst really. I've seen a fair but of scum caught by that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean admittedly usually when someone establishes a pattern of bailing as scum, I haven't played with Tommu so can't speak there.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

merk posted:

Merk stopped posting to play dota and have dinner with his wife. GET THE ROPE!!!!!

I'm pretty down executing people for DOTA

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

this D1 vote wording feels forced - "feels like scum Toal" reads to me like someone who knows that their statement will be proven true on the flip, and then ASF's posts on this day have felt pretty slim.

##vote ASF feels right, given the current votecount. I'm not 100% but I do prefer ASF to Hal.

I will try to pop in later to switch my vote to avoid a no-lunch but there's no guarantees - I'll be driving home soon and might get home just before deadline.

Actually 'feels like scum Toal' was because my last game was in a scum team with Toal and he pushed tactics like that in scum chat.

Like maybe Toal always pushes tactics based on direct confrontation/bluffing but coming off that game it really twigged me as his scum behaviour cause that was what I had just seen scum Toal do.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

derp posted:

Well I didn't really want to bring it up, but it seems to me like solus is soft-claiming some kind of role-related info that binus is town. Hal seemed to be kind of fishing for that info. seemed bad to me, and at the time I didn't want to draw attention to solus if he does have some kind of role but, yeah, my vote does look dumb and pointless so I guess I'd better explain. I feel like hal was trying to make solus claim something, and it seems off to me to try to do that.

Hal Incandenza posted:

That's a very strong bee stand and I'm not sure why since you said not a cop claim and I don't see what bee has done to earn such trust

Buuuuut I will assume you really do have a good reason

I can kind of see it.

Epsilon Plus posted:

of the current vote leaders ASF hasn't posted recently - I feel like if they were scum they'd be more actively defending themselves? but life does come up, work, etc. - or they may just be hoping it blows over?

Busy day and then well GMT+8, so kinda sleeping.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

derp posted:

Who do you think is scum? who do you want to vote today?

Catching up it's just hit 7am here.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I still strongly believe Binus to be town for the reasons previously stated and also I think I see what Solus does. I will also absolutely not vote Solus.

Currently I want to

##vote Hal

I realise this looks like voting the main opposing vote to me, but I think Hal was trying to fish for roles and info that shouldn't be shared in this post.

Hal Incandenza posted:

That's a very strong bee stand and I'm not sure why since you said not a cop claim and I don't see what bee has done to earn such trust

Buuuuut I will assume you really do have a good reason

I need to go see what the deal with ASF is, I don't remember them even posting at all

To help scum.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A role claim would be a lot more convincing if we didn't have a doctored nightkill from N1 sitting in the thread. Not buying it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mafia edit: Janitored nightkill

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hey to anyone else thinking to switch a voter for me, give me a heads up first, I will do a thing and clear some air.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I know why Sandwolf got modkilled

VTs shared a power where wcould claim and get a mod confirmation but any discussion would get us modkilled. It was also only one charge among all of us. This drove some of my actions today and my votes.

If I'm dying anyway I'm going to fall on my sword now and give you all the time to maybe get a vote on Hal before scum get a nightkill and also to explain my reasoning for future voting.

Kill me Dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hell yeah go town.