Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Why not? I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I am sure the collective wisdom will give us the leader we deserve.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Squiggly posted:

Son of Canary burns bright

This is someone who is trying to draw attention to himself by talking crazy. Who draws attention to themselves but capitalists trying to sell goods that are needed by everyone. Therefore Squiggly must be a capitalist.

##Vote Squiggly

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

A Sometimes Food posted:

It is the duty and distinction of the communist state to care for the infirm and those who cannot care for themselves. This is but one of the many ways we are superior to the heartless capitalist.

But what if it is a capitalist plot to drain resources from the state to take care of the capitalist.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It is our duty to the state to be constantly on guard from them. I am in favor of your capitalhunter protocol assuming they have been approved by the state.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Squiggly posted:

Oh United Soviet States of Russia, my home and native laaaaaaaaaand

Squiggly is making more sense, meanwhile......

Toalpaz posted:

I think we need to kill everyone who says scum are capitalists because there's no evidence they aren't imperialists (czarists?)

##vote Lieth

Are you saying Capitalists aren't scum? Imperialists are scum also and there can even be capitalist imperialists but trying to say that capitalists isn't scum is not communist.

Change vote to ##vote Toalpaz

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nonsense, they are resting to be able to fulfill the requirements of the state tomorrow.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Not participating is against party policy. He may have a point.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Not changing my vote yet, just agreeing with him in principle.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Being out of something in the communist state is not something to joke about.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Ahhh, the joy of people trying to increase the post count to avoid the lurker label. I need more popcorn.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

But who is counting....(and yes, I was too)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also did not realize taste is in this game until I checked the post count after seeing Toalpaz spaz out for like 4 posts in a row just to vote a new player

As the new player involved, if Toalpaz requires beating up on newbies to feel adequate to participate in the communist state, then he is not worthy of staying in the communist state. Still voting Toalpaz.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Toalpaz posted:

##vote Leith

This isn't close to beating up newbies XD

Granted, but it is the closest so far.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Beats me, I think he is trying to distract attention and confuse the hunt.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It really was a sudden jelling of a toal vote, 40 minutes was a lot of time left and it went from 4 votes for Toal to 8 in about 5 minutes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I was against Toal early as a defense since he targeted me for some reason, so obviously I am not crying over the lynching but the self vote felt like a bluff, and then suddenly it was over.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

So Squiggly, why did you not cast your vote somewhere in the last hour? You were active and debating but not voting and I am wondering your thinking since you could have pushed for a majority somewhere.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Squiggly posted:

Because we had an hour?

I debated the two vote leaders, decided I didn't like them, said I'd vote b- over toal, and then talked about AA and hum as pinging my scumdar. Sandwolf and I were actively talking about alternative lynches

Your post seems lazy or useless I'm undecided currently

Just seemed like an unusual behavior but I didn't want to start an accusation if there was another way of thinking about it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I think I am going to have to read this page about 6 times to understand all the rationale. I'm impressed.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Well, that is escalating nicely.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

So Merk, do I understand from your post that you think we should vote Sandwolf? Would you like to explain your reasoning?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

My 2 cents,

When Sandwolf said I'd vote Toal and then started making arguments why it people shouldn't vote Toal, and not actually voting Toal makes for a very confusing picture. I am not voting yet but I am suspicious.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Okay, I am now completely confused. Hopefully it will be explained post game.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Asking people to explain themselves or giving commentary without actively accusing someone makes me scum? By that logic, I will return to my original position that Squiggly is scum for being so nonsensical.

After all he refused to believe Toal was bluffing that he wasn't scum.

[b]##vote Squiggly [/b[

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Correction

##Vote Squiggly

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I am tempted to pull a Toal and let everyone lynch me just to see Squiggly explain himself when it turns out I am not. I'm not going to do that because I do believe in winning but it is a good side benefit.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Actually, I am new at Mafia here, but enjoying it because this is honestly a much higher tier of play than the few times I have played it in RL.

Squiggly won't believe that anyway so there is no point in arguing with him anymore. If I get lynched, then he will be next on the chopping block given how hard he is pushing for me to lynch. I don't want to be lynched but if it happens, people will learn a lot about him.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Probably, and if so, then I have learned another lesson for the next game.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I am not taking any of this personally. This group is playing at a higher tier than I am use to and that is how we learn. I actually think it is great, even if I get lynched in 5 hours, then I've had a great time. Feel free to ratchet up your game and call me a fuckface piece of poo poo scum, I'm a big boy. Honest.

That actually is a fair request,

I tend to watch vote movement and sudden switches. Now I will admit that this sets me up to discount potential scum in case they decided to sacrifice one of their own for cover. I also tend to snipe until I get more information. This is a list of my detailed thoughts so everyone can vote against me in good conscience now. :)

People I don't think are scum:

Myself - obviously
ASF - was an early Toal voter, he did got to b- for a little while but was pretty consistent and way early if scum decided to sacrifice one of their own. Of course he did go back and forth and the last vote was after Toal did his insanity.
Mr. H - still in the suspect category because if they did decide to sacrifice one of their own for cover, this is when they would do it.
Derp
AA
B- - still in the suspect category because if they did decide to sacrifice one of their own for cover, this is when they would do it. They did this vote right before Toal so it could have been coordinated.
Tommu/Merk - still in the suspect category because if they did decide to sacrifice one of their own for cover, this is when they would do it.

People who did not vote for Toal, and are very much suspected Scum

Solas - he did a lot of debating with Sandwolf and then the crazy with Sandwolf happen, I am confused about I don't like being confused so therefore he is suspect
E- = said he was really mad at Toal but still did not vote Toal, very suspicious to me
Hal - don't think so, but then again I agree a lot with his thinking
Squiggle- suspect because you are fingering me really hard, also because you were active when Toal flipped out and were still pushing for him not to get voted
Retro - did not vote at all and is being pretty quiet, also suspicious

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

SolusLunes posted:

are we doing phrasing

someone tell me we're still doing phrasing

Sorry, I was rushing to get the missive out before a meeting so Squiggly would have time to come up with another insane theory.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It is more a level of people who have given me a reason to think they are not scum, and I admit that those reasons may be flawed. It is mafia after all.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I suspect Retro is the only lurker you could get consensus on.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

In case you are able to get consensus on the lurker vote.

##Vote Retro Futurist

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Oh? If you believe that lurking is a scum tactic and want to take advantage of the free kill, now is the time to do it. If a consensus isn't built before the deadline, then I can change my vote later.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

derp posted:

what does that mean?

That I suspect Hal more than people who voted for Toal, but that my gut tells me no because of his arguments. My gut maybe wrong.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I am not requiring a lurker kill, just offering to help if there is a consensus it is a good idea. Lurkers give us no information either way.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

##vote Hal

Looking at the 2 main voting blocks now and I trust the Hal voting block more than the ASF voting block.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Recording for future analysis.

Votecount for Day 2

Hal Incandenza (5): b-minus1, SolusLunes, derp, A Sometimes Food, Leith Maclaine
A Sometimes Food (4): merk, merk, merk, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, Epsilon Plus
Retro Futurist (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
b-minus1 (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza
Squiggly (0): Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine

Not Voting (1): Squiggly

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 11th, 2019 at 3 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 35 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I may be wrong.

But I am looking at the people who didn't vote Toal and 2 of those people are voting are voting for ASF, the other 2 voting for ASF are people who changed their votes after Toal went odd so if scum did decide to sacrifice one of their own, then those would be the people to switch. Meanwhile the people voting for Hal include 2 people who always suspected Toal.