Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Cracker King posted:

Weren’t the big map books all Rand McNally?

I remember using Mapquest print outs because my Father didn’t trust GPS since it ‘made you lazy.’ This was when GPS like Tom Tom was new and people were not paying attention and would turn into traffic or into a ditch.

Your dad is right. People get in their cars and google maps their way to work, where they go every day. Ask somebody to drive to their friends house without a gps and they have no idea.
It's amazing how quickly you get to know the city if you stop gpsing everything and actually pay attention to the signs and where you're going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This is why Shakespeare needs footnotes. There are many, many * jokes that you don't have the context to get.

* dirty.

At the Shakespeare plays I've seen the actors just act out whatever the dirty joke is or just motion to the body parts, so even if the audience doesn't understand the exact reference, they at least know somebody is going to butt-gently caress somebody, and that's good enough for it to be funny.