Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tiggum posted:

Do you not have to register births in America? That's mandatory here. It's not automatic, but you would have to take extreme measures to avoid it and not get chased up about it until you did it.

we don't register them nationally, only within each state. national birth data is collected from state data. most states make it mandatory, it difficult not to. it also means the collection method, and information asked for is different depending on the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

doctorfrog posted:

Also, comedic drunks and drunken behavior show up a lot in old cartoons and movies, but I think this thread has covered that already.

i remember seeing pink elephants in tooney tunes when someone was sauced, but i did not understanding what the hell that was about... i just looked up the wiki, it's a euphemism for alcohol hallucinations from some Jack London book, but the wiki mentions seeing a snake in your boot.

so an old reference in newerish media is woody saying "there's a snake in my boot" in toy story.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

When we flew last year with our 4 year old they gave her little plastic wings. Maybe only certain airlines?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Slimy Hog posted:

Why bother digitizing if you're just gonna search through them by hand anyway?

retention laws are a thing for a lot of industries, especially ones where lawsuits and fraud are common. they likely are required to retain physical documents for a few years, and digital documents for a decade.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

most work can be done through use of digital copies, but legally some work legally requires accessing paper. i think ops point was just that 99% of the time they paper will never be seen again, but the digital document is likely accessed often.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Also alcohol consumption was higher in the 70s and 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I recently saw the office, and there's an episode where someone comes into the office sick, and Angela puts on a personalized surgical mask, and it's supposed to show how weird and kooky she is, but now it seems like a very reasonable thing to do.