Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i’ve worn watches since i was a kid, leaving the house without one feels like going out without pants at this point. it’s very helpful for situations when you can’t look at your phone, and when you’re trying to curb a phone addiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

hand/arm is another thing, some cultures include the forearm when they say the word “hand”

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i talked on the phone with close friends for hours as late as like 07. i hate talking on the phone otherwise

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

thank you for reminding me of 30 second bunnies, i was thinking about the reservoir dogs one literally a day ago and couldn’t remember the name

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i loving hated blackboards, between the dryness of the chalk, being told to clap the erasers, and the awful squeaks...

are smartboards still a thing in schools? they were coming up when i was in high school and all the teachers said they were clunky garbage, and didn’t really use them for anything but fancy projection screens, i imagine the tech is much better these days?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

god drat, red harvest is such a good book.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i don't remember any hall monitors or class presidents, it isn't universal here at all. i never cared about anything in high school so i guess i might have missed the president thing, though

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

I never had the drunk driving ads at my school. But in elementary we had to escape a burning house which was dope

yeah, that was cool

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

they didn't install metal detectors and cameras until our class graduated. before then, you could literally just walk out of any of the exits. we had id cards to swipe around senior year.

though, if you left the school before age 18, truancy went around the neighborhood searching for groups of kids and rounding us up in nypd vans, driving us the 2-3 blocks from the usual hangouts, back to the school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

RCarr posted:

I went to high school from 2001-2005 and I literally didn’t know a single person who did coke or heroin. And I smoked weed every day and drank every weekend. Pills weren’t even popular then either. Then the 5-7 years after high school I lost a ton of friends to heroin. It just exploded out of nowhere.

pretty much when silkroad, agora etc. came onto the scene. easily available dope and pills. suddenly you didn't need a connect, or the connects you had suddenly had piles of absolute fire