Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
There are a hell of a lot of them in Looney Tunes. First thing that springs to mind are repeated instances of characters based on George and Lennie from “Of Mice and Men”. Sure, it’s a literary classic now and some people read it in school, but it is no longer obvious to most people what the reference is. Then there’s “The Merry-go-round Broke down”, the theme melody, which was an actual song with lyrics first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
....how do young people these days sign their name if they don't know cursive? Like I can see lasting until 16 or so on print, but as a full grown adult you have to sign stuff eventually.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
We didn’t have DARE at my school. They were much more concerned about us smoking. Not pot, just regular cigarettes. We even had a stupid song about being the smoke-free class of 2000, two triple zero, everyone’s a hero. DARE would have made much more sense, as I know some of my classmates had drug problems later. Turns out if you’re rich and your daddy’s a slum lord, it’s really easy to get drugs.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

VideoGameVet posted:

Fools Errand and Shanghai were 'hints' that a vast market for casual games existed. It took Smart Phones for companies to realize that.

I’ve never heard Fool’s Errand referred to as ‘casual’ before. Is it because it requires logic, not action skills? I’m a little baffled. There were some hard-rear end puzzles in there. loving rat ivy still makes me mad when I think about it.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
He actually also has a sequel, a fool and his money. He kickstarted it before kickstarting was a thing. My husband gave me crap for several years, for putting money into a then non-existent game literally called “A fool and his money”.