Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I paid with a check at Home Depot in 2018 when I realized I'd forgotten my debit card and I didn't have cash. They had to find a more experienced employee who knew how to work the check-scanning machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

zmcnulty posted:

My aunt sent me a check for $100 when my second kid was born, earlier this year.
I live in Japan. I threw out the check.

Rickey Henderson was so proud of a $1 million check from his team, he framed it on his wall. They called him up when the accountants noticed the million dollar discrepancy in the books, and convinced him to deposit the check and frame a photocopy.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

That's a ludicrously stupid plan anyway, everyone knows the best ways to make money with a time machine involve the stock market, or rare collectibles. Was the joke that the people buying meat at pre-inflation-crisis prices are huge idiots?