Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Platystemon posted:

Audiences will know what a radio is for a long time to come, but the aux cord has gone the way of the eight track.

Nah, "passing the aux" became enough of a meme for it live on for at least the foreseeable future. Even when people get into my car they ask if they can "get the aux", even though my car is 100% Bluetooth and they know that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm certain this has been brought up itt but I was watching an old TV show on DVD with a few preroll period ads intact and AOL Keywords have got to be up there on the list of things modern audiences will have no knowledge about. For a while it seemed like everything had an AOL Keyword you could punch in to find stuff, then everything started to break off into individual websites

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

speaking of the earlier chat about memorizing phone numbers, I still have a Rolodex. I bought it on clearance when I worked at Staples in like 2011. I still keep it updated just in case a disaster happens and I lose all the contacts in my phone somehow

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I always thought the advantage of a cursive signature (other standard uses of cursive notwithstanding) was having a consistent way to sign your name that might withstand a calligraphy analysis say, if someone were to forge your signature. Not that you couldn't also have a distinguishable signature with block letters, but that was always how it was taught to me