Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Phone-based references:
Thinking on an old episode of American Dad (I think it's from season one). Roger and Steve prank call Argentina from Dick Cheney's phone and after hanging up get called back. Steve looks in horror at Roger and says "Argentina just star-69ed us." Would any current generation kids have any idea what that is outside of context?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Jeza posted:

This is the second reference I've seen to this on SA recently. When exactly did it become the norm in the US for kids to generally be disallowed from roaming around?

I don't know about other areas, but I grew up in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) and we were pretty free-roaming until the DC sniper shootings. Click for info. During that, we were on super lockdown, pretty restricted for a long time after, and never really allowed the free roam that we had had prior to that.