Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

I remember the heady days when there was only THE phone company, an all-powerful organization of which you lived in existential fear

When Harrogate starts stealing nickels from payphones in Suttree, it is kinda regarded as a big loving deal that'll eventually bring down heat from on high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah I've been of the opinion for a while that cards are probably a huge liability to impulse spenders. Some people just can't help their drat selves and while that's their prerogative, they should have the option to at least use cash if they feel it'll be at least a speed bump to draining their bank accounts.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

My favorite joke in Blazing Saddles is the one about killing more men than Cecil B Demille and not one people who aren't serious film freaks are likely to get. That's an old hollywood joke even at the time the movie was made and it's practically covered in cobwebs today.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think I heard that there's a shift in using on accident vs by accident as well depending mostly on age

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah for all its grandeur one has to remember the Versailles palace wasn't just the royals hanging out there, it had a literal shitload of associated hangers on constantly coming and going.

Oh god they were jerking off there too?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

wizzardstaff posted:

The Trump cameo in the beginning also hasn't aged well.

I had completely forgotten about that. In any case, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosAVMB47-Y

For your sake, stay the gently caress out of the comments

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Kids today are unable to appreciate the feat of strength that is tearing a phone book in half

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Um

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My experience working for tips is that it's a hell of a lot easier to live almost cash-only in Canada than in the US. And that eradicating physical currency isn't necessarily a good thing. It's kind sorta elitist and bullshit and locks people out of paying for things they by all rights should be able to pay for.

If I paid rent from my bank account and then went to buy something with my hard legal tender from last night's shift and saw a loving "CASH FREE ZONE" sign anywhere it'd take all my strength to not come back later and molotov the place.

In a just world you should be able to hand over a pile of hundreds to pay rent if that drat well works for you.

bUt THAT mOnEY coULD HAVe CoMe FRoM DrUg dEaLinG

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Orion orion is bankrupt now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

people talk about bit rot and optical storage media being an impermanent solution, but how much content has been released online and is now utterly unavailable? like the minute something drops off a streaming service, boom, it's just gone.

People get wildly defensive about this too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maybe you could use the big plus as a kind of shield

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

well basically, the production of food, that thing we all know and love, is controlled by a handful of evil fuckers who shake down the government for, basically, as much money as they want, and they can therefore treat "like 90% of all foods" as loss leaders in order to utterly crush any possible competition from farmers outside their cartel.

That's a hell of an act. What do the call it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Man that's like... out of the frying pan and into the fire

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

*69 sounds like analingus version of 69

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krispy Wafer posted:

And the secret to forging is to do it upside down. It's also how you should compare signatures.

I want to know more about this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lol that's a lovely prize. If you put out a promotion that said "millionth customer gets free car" instead of crap you'd probably sell a lot more and quickly at that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I loved those clear ones and i really wish I knew how to modify them so the flame would shoot a good 2.5 feet. I think it'd be really funny at (outdoor) concerts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

My Lovely Horse posted:

Media narratives have barely adapted to mobile phones with how often they contrive reasons they can't be used

e: or for example one reason you won't see a lot of face masks in media is that you need to see the actors emote.

Hire cheaper actors and pocket the difference. Hire me, hollywood!

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 29, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Scudworth posted:

What past examples suggest this for you? Polio went through north america seasonally for entire generations and public pools are still here. Spanish flu, same.
Again- a virus that killed or deformed children in waves for decades didn't change poo poo afterwards.

American's dont care about dead kids is why

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ulmont posted:

It was incredibly wacky when I got my blood test done in Georgia in 2001. They still only required syphilis although by 2001 of course there were much nastier STDs by then (AIDS being #1 with a bullet).

They shot people with aids?!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's the sure signs of a lasting marriage

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Orange County is insanely racist tbcf

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

tinytort posted:

I think paper routes, as something done by kids, were starting to be transitioned out by the time I was in my teens (early 2000s). A combination of "kids Today don't have time", "kids need to rely on parents for any transportation if the route takes them beyond walking distance of their home neighborhood", and probably more than a bit of "collecting money from customers can be more difficult for kids".

I did the neighborhood paper route for about a year or two, before I think mom got fed up with both me being the only one to actually do any work reliably (it was supposed to be split between me and my two siblings, but I came home from school a lot to find that neither of them had done it yet, so I'd have to do it before dinner so people wouldn't complain about not getting their evening paper) and with being the one who had to deal with the paper office for getting the money to them and us getting paid (...allegedly paid, anyway, I don't recall ever actually being given any money for the thing), so we passed it on to another kid on the block.

I threw papers for a month and it was pretty much a scam job lmao

e: I threw them in a car. There was no way anybody was doing my route on a bike

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 11, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BonHair posted:

Kids safety is a funny thing. In Denmark, it's perfectly normal to leave your sleeping baby outside a shop while you go in, possibly with a baby remote (or whatever they're called) to check if they wake up, but possibly not. Some foreigners consider it completely irresponsible for some reason.

Babies do not get stolen, obviously.

Some Danes did this in the states and CPS took the kid. I remember it from a class I took

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

For parents who couldn't afford nannies

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Moo the cow posted:

Keep the door open and they can stay merely warm.

Often used to heat up semi-frozen kittens and the like

Nobody likes cold pussy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Platystemon posted:

Sleeping more is strongly correlated with mortality!

in adults

Not a mark against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If I recall from QI there are some old pub games that nobody has any clue how they were played