Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

packetmantis posted:

Isinglass is still used as an additive in beer and wine.

Maybe it's regional, but I just call it "on the rocks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Talking into a phone? You mean Siri, grandpa?"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've bought two VCRs in the past 3 years.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've seen Alien so I know CRTs are coming back.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd like a science-person to give me some plausible scenarios in which CRTs might be more resiliant or reliable than LCD or OLEDs so I can insert some unnecessary but fun headcanon into older future flicks.

All I know is that the change happened somewhere between Alien: Covenant and Alien so we've got plenty of time to figure the reason out.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You're going to tell your children about your college rasterbation habits?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I haven't talked with a friend on the phone in years.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

still not convinced it isn't happening frankly

Completely agreed! I mean, just look at this scum not using capital letters or punctuation:

My Lovely Horse posted:

still not convinced it isn't happening frankly

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Krispy Wafer posted:

A parking lot photo kiosk probably looks as quaint as one of those old timey bicycles with the huge front tires.

They're all drive-through coffee places now

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Some things never change, though—I've still had people walk me through their vacation photos on Facebook while I'm bored out of my mind.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

a kitten posted:

Who's gonna write a song about digital cameras? No one, that's who

:chloe:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Platystemon posted:

I can’t take that guy seriously since I saw that a photo of him in a Subway with an AR‐15.

Ugh.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I started doing real, proper, "go back to primary sources" research for the first time in my life during quarantine and I really fell for it. I'm excited to get back into libraries post-pandemic and dive into sources not available online.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
MNN still has incredibly lax rules about what content they allow. There was still some pretty out there stuff last time I took a peek.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wanna open that door so bad

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Same. I thought answering machines were totally ubiquitous, having grown up in small-town Iowa. I don't think I knew a single household that didn't have one by the mid 90s.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You assume the masks are ever going away...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think typing just stepped in and took its place as "the efficient way adults write," and everyone who still taught that sort of thing in 2001 was a bit of a technophobe. I think 1999 was the last time I had to write in cursive, but it was more or less recognized that it was a formality since we were all also having WPM contests down the hall in computer class.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My signature is very consistent: big loop, medium loop, squiggle. I feel like I tried for a real signature for about a year after I got my driver's license, then realized that it didn't matter at all.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

When is anyone ever not going to have a phone on them, ever?

Sometimes I like going out and leaving my phone at home, because gently caress that little addiction box.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I usually just say "I read..." or "I was talking with someone the other day and..." because you can't just admit to being a message board regular in a conversation with another human being

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Also having site-wide probations and bans. The fact that you can only get banned from individual subreddits makes for fewer consequences for being a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Maybe you all got Be Kind Rewound at some point.