Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetAl13
Jun 4, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Doug Stanhope, an embittered drunk and hilarious stand-up with a fringe following.

His podcast, an unorganized and oftentimes rambling collection of tour stories, interviews, and oddball segments. Outside of his die-hard fans ("The Killer Termites"), there really is not a huge target demographic for Doug's show. However, for those who already love Stanhope's tales of debauchery and the extremes of bodily functions, the podcast is an instant classic.

The Usual Cast of Characters

Greg Chaille: (@gregchaille) Doug's tour manager with one job - to manage the tour. He also edits the podcast, runs the Patreon, hawks merch, and does just about whatever is necessary to keep the ship even-keel. He has one job.

Chad Shank: (@hdfatty) A local in Doug's town of Bisbee, Arizona. Chad is a large biker who enjoys chick fights, recreational meth, and homicidal ideations.

Tracey: (@Egglester) Chaille's wife & the resident bartender.

Andy Andrist: (@andyandrist) Doug's old friend and favorite comedian. A big fan of drugs and "nature jacking."

James Inman: (@_james_inman) An absolute lunatic. Star of the Unbookables documentary.

Bingo Bingaman: (@bingobingaman) Doug's girlfriend/wife/partner with signature blue hair.

Olivia Grace: (@oliviadoesbits) The newest podcast "cast member." Newcomer comic from Los Angeles.

Recommended Listening

Every James Inman episode
Alaska Stories
Cliffhanger Pts. 1 & 2
Goosekirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I remember liking the stand up stuff of his I saw a long time ago. He hasn't gone the way of a lot of old comedians and started whining about millenials or poo poo like that has he?

cap-n-crunch
Dec 29, 2008

A garden of modest ambition.

Spaseman posted:

I remember liking the stand up stuff of his I saw a long time ago. He hasn't gone the way of a lot of old comedians and started whining about millenials or poo poo like that has he?

You mean join the Alt-Light daisy chain of Anthony Cumia Adam Coralla -Joe Roagen-Bill Burr.

Rich dudes who a once had day jobs so now they roleplay in their mansion studios as blue collar construction workers complaining about the Hollywood liberals and things they read on social media.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm glad that kimmel reformed, but the last i heard of stanhope was girls gone wild commercials on comedy central

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

i say swears online posted:

i'm glad that kimmel reformed, but the last i heard of stanhope was girls gone wild commercials on comedy central

he's had some decent success in the comedy world and has a pretty hardcore cult following. i love him personally because while he does edgelord stuff, it comes from a place of love.

i really want to see him live before he croaks because holy poo poo you gotta know that's coming sometime

here's some of his best work imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fStPFPaTLjQ

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 6, 2019

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I legit thought Bingo died like 4 years ago.

SweetAl13
Jun 4, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

he's had some decent success in the comedy world and has a pretty hardcore cult following. i love him personally because while he does edgelord stuff, it comes from a place of love.

i really want to see him live before he croaks because holy poo poo you gotta know that's coming sometime

I saw him at the Troc in Philly last year, and he’s definitely got a gift onstage. A unique voice, though I can’t deny the edgelord thing.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
What happened to Bingo? Is she still around or did she disappear after the breakup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chromatic posted:

This is my favorite thing Doug's done, although I also love his piece on patriotism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhDq5mgkx4

And Doug still tweets pics of Bingo all the time, I think they got back together.