Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Lol this is good content

What’s this one?

Also what’s the one with the people in uniform with a cartoon blue potion bottle?

The Boys--excellent show and you should def check it out! Or read the comic; it's like 500% more hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

That's up there with Rambo. Amazing.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nurge fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 6, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nurge posted:

e: Technical difficulties. Placeholder, brb

What a lazy reinterpretation of Robocop 3.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Whoah

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pigeon English
Nov 25, 2016

HONK! HONK! I'm the motherfucking truck stop killer!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also what’s the one with the people in uniform with a cartoon blue potion bottle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan%27s_Labyrinth

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Outstanding.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:perfect:

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo. :lol:

This thread, god drat.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
All in the reflexes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This thread is amazing.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Behind Maslow
Apr 11, 2008

Amazing. I lauged pretty hard.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

So here is a thing. I spent waaay too loving long on this, went from a short idea to me figuring I could re-cut the whole film. I did all the work, and made a dumb alternate non-violent plot for Total Recall.

https://vimeo.com/364823172

Password: somethingawful

If you just want to see the final part where most of the jokes are watch it here on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OChvr93s4HQ

Youtube fun police didn't take much of a liking to it so couldn't upload the whole thing. Vimeo didn't much like it either and it got removed as well as getting my account banned but was able to get it reactivated and allowed somehow. Thank god otherwise i was just going to have to post 13 imgur links with the whole loving thing. I suck at voices and theres a few mistakes in there but I am super over it. may or may not be funny I don't know anymore.

Vimeo may nuke the link at anytime so if they do sorry I guess.

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 7, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well that was fun!:fiesta:

Pigeon English
Nov 25, 2016

HONK! HONK! I'm the motherfucking truck stop killer!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Stanky Bean posted:

So here is a thing. I spent waaay too loving long on this, went from a short idea to me figuring I could re-cut the whole film. I did all the work, and made a dumb alternate non-violent plot for Total Recall.

If you just want to see the final part where most of the jokes are watch it here on youtube

Youtube fun police didn't take much of a liking to it so couldn't upload the whole thing. Vimeo didn't much like it either and it got removed as well as getting my account banned but was able to get it reactivated and allowed somehow. Thank god otherwise i was just going to have to post 13 imgur links with the whole loving thing. I suck at voices and theres a few mistakes in there but I am super over it. may or may not be funny I don't know anymore.

One hell of a party

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Stanky Bean posted:

lol, Fantastic

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hahaha :five::3:

I don't think I've seen anyone submit a whole recut movie before, I think you win on sheer scale

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Behind Maslow posted:

Amazing. I lauged pretty hard.

Hey thanks, I was a little self-conscious putting it up right in the middle of this page's gif and vid extravaganza.

Both of these cracked me up.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

This is much better than the "Make the boston marathon more violent" thread from a few years ago

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Lol there's the tolerant left I remember

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I’ve been working on a long gif for a couple days now and I can’t get it right.

What do you guys use to edit gifs? I use gimp in general for photoshopping but I don’t have actual photoshop at home. I have it at work though but I only really know gimp.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Depends on what exactly you're trying to do... for editing some scenes together like this

you could use Davinci Resolve for free. But for actually changing the frames I usually use Photoshop or Aftereffects. The latter is really great if you want to track objects across the frames or apply chroma keying or something. Apparently there's some AF-like functionality in Resolve but I haven't tried it yet.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Efb!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

mobby_6kl posted:

Depends on what exactly you're trying to do... for editing some scenes together like this

you could use Davinci Resolve for free. But for actually changing the frames I usually use Photoshop or Aftereffects. The latter is really great if you want to track objects across the frames or apply chroma keying or something. Apparently there's some AF-like functionality in Resolve but I haven't tried it yet.

Yes tracking objects is what is taking so much time, I will start teaching myself after effects, probably not in time for this thread but I think in a couple weeks I’m going to post an animated gif only photoshop thread since people really seem to enjoy them! Anyway I’ll shut up now but thank you and thanks grindcore!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Animated gif thread would own. Neat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That would be really cool, especially if there's a quick summary of useful stuff like that early on, I'm out of my element with gifs but would like to learn.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Animated gif thread would own. Neat.

Ive made a few of them on GIMP and holy poo poo do gifs make GIMP super angerey. Learning a new way to make them sounds like a lot of fun!

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Just use resolve and export a video then gif it later. you can do point tracking in resolve fusion easy peasy, though it may take a tiny bit to get your head around the nodal workflow if you're not used to it. youtube has plenty of simple tutorials to follow for using the planar tracker. Adobe can get hosed imo. hit me up in PM or discord if you're having trouble.

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 10, 2019

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I appreciated this. It sucks I never catch the beginning of that movie.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I’ve been working on a long gif for a couple days now and I can’t get it right.

What do you guys use to edit gifs? I use gimp in general for photoshopping but I don’t have actual photoshop at home. I have it at work though but I only really know gimp.

I use HitFilm for all my (admittedly meagre) video editing needs. It's free, relatively easy to learn, there are plenty of tutorials for it, and it's just extremely functional for a free tool. Can't recommend it enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like this one a lot