Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

SUNKOS posted:

Okay so I came back to quickly grab Felwinters & 4th Horseman.

Felwinters wasn't too bad since it's fun running around with double shotguns and ammo mods but I think the required kills was too high. What really surprised me though was actually completing the quest, which I saw a lot of praise for from Twitch streamers as how to do it right but it was pants. I was expecting some really cool lore and story given how it was described but it was just the spooky forest images done in orange and another coffin! I thought it would be something new.

I've got most of the 4th Horseman quest done but am currently stuck because I need to do a legendary mission that isn't actually available right now because they cycle. Why do they keep doing dumb poo poo like this? I was having fun running around with my two shotgun setup and thought "I'm totally replacing these with Felwinters & Horseman and shooting more aliens before I switch off" but I hit an artificial roadblock so gently caress. I guess I'll have to wait until the mission is available so I can do the final step.

The Seraph events and bunkers are shite so I feel like I've missed nothing by swooping in during the final week to get two guns. I'll enjoy the new PvP maps next season when I get back into the game. Noticed they've made the season pass more of a grind as well, the maximum XP boost you can get is now ~30% compared to before which offered a x2 multiplier. I'm guessing levels will need more XP for the next one and they'll lower the XP boost bonuses again as well.

Sucks when you enjoy the gameplay but keep hitting non-gameplay poo poo that frustrates and drags the whole thing down. Also gonna miss my Perfect Paradox and Gunnora's Axe when they get sunset. Mostly Paradox though because it's not only fun to use but looks awesome as well. Bungie are dicks.

Nearly 100% my experience with this season. Got in, got both guns, and by the time I had both guns I was more than ready to stop playing. The moment-to-moment gameplay is still really good but everything they want you to actually shoot guns at this season is a trash fire.

Quick note for 4th Horseman the last thing you gotta do for it has an expected power level of 1000 and while it isn't a darkness zone so you can respawn indefinitely until you clear it this is incredibly frustrating and difficult so if you want to try and get it done I strongly recommend snagging a friend who has actually been playing this season and can solo it for you. It's apparently easy to solo but only if you've actually been investing in the season, and I wasn't about to grind out the necessary power.

Also I can't believe they still haven't fixed this stupid framerate bug that absolutely trashes the framerate until you turn on a framerate limit then turn it off again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Discospawn posted:

Everybody, I'm sorry. I said they had to fix an obvious developer mistake with a hotfix patch.

I was wrong. Turra pointed out how wrong I was.

They didn't hotfix patch the game to fix an obvious mistake. They just manually modified the game world outside of their normal update time after players were upset at something they considered to be a poorly implemented quest step..

I'm so sorry.

Please forgive me.

You piece of poo poo.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The darkness is going to be confused when they return and they find a completelly broken traveler, and under it a single city.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^the darkness arrives and finds the City's civilians protesting against guardian brutality, and guardians brutally suppressing the protests with melee abilities, sidearms, and smoke grenades. The traveler and its anti-"darkness" ideology is just white supremacy on a grand scale, wake up sheeple! :catdrugs:

BadLlama posted:

You piece of poo poo.

idk, that reply was a bit snarky but this seems like an overreaction?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think it's sarcasm leaning into the joke.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

New teaser https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1268215255898841089

Cant wait to read all the posts complaining about a non-existent 3rd gambit mode

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That is entirely unreasonable to expect a new game mode lol

Also, that trailer seems to support the 4chan leak from a while back, which also said that ALL of year 4 is about preparing for the darkness' imminent arrival (so soon, we mean it this time!)

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 3, 2020

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I heard there's a chance the season will arrive a week late possibly, is there any truth to that?

Also, we are currently about level 975. When the season flips over, does that mean bog-standard gear goes up to 1000?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if we should just not play until the new season is out. We got the Xenophage and the Sleeper Cell, the Felwinter gun, and I have a near-perfect Ether Doctor masterwork. So I think we're set for now? I feel comfortable in all of our gear slots so it seems prudent maybe to just wait it out.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Taima posted:

I heard there's a chance the season will arrive a week late possibly, is there any truth to that?

Also, we are currently about level 975. When the season flips over, does that mean bog-standard gear goes up to 1000?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if we should just not play until the new season is out. We got the Xenophage and the Sleeper Cell, the Felwinter gun, and I have a near-perfect Ether Doctor masterwork. So I think we're set for now? I feel comfortable in all of our gear slots so it seems prudent maybe to just wait it out.

The season was originally supposed to come June 16th, then it was (silently) moved to June 9th, so it wouldn't be a total shocker if they went with the 16th and just did some weird "Next Season Is Coming Soon!!!!" thing on the 9th instead and acted like it was the plan all along.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The season was originally supposed to come June 16th, then it was (silently) moved to June 9th, so it wouldn't be a total shocker if they went with the 16th and just did some weird "Next Season Is Coming Soon!!!!" thing on the 9th instead and acted like it was the plan all along.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the 9th is the reveal date but the 16th is the start date.

There’s always a “nothing” week between seasons.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Snuffman posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the 9th is the reveal date but the 16th is the start date.

There’s always a “nothing” week between seasons.

Shadowkeep had a week where it was Year 3 but not yet Season 8, and I think there was a fully dead week between Warmind and Forsaken, but I think those were sort of exceptions and there usually isn't a nothing week between seasons. These are unusual times for many reasons though so who the hell knows what to expect for Season 11!

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Taima posted:

Yes, this has been the case for previous seasons, meaning it's a much more efficient use of your time to wait for the new season to get those next 25 levels significantly faster than you can get them now. You can even complete bounties now and hold off on turning them in this season and turn them in next season to quickly finish Week 1's vendor challenges & gain some Seasonal XP at the start.

This is the weird kind of situation that occurs with adding 50 Light Levels to the cap every season because eventually it makes more sense to wait until next season rather than grinding out the 50 Powerfuls you'd need to reach the soft cap now. Sunsetting also factors into this, because of how much of the World Loot Pool becomes sunset at the end of the season. You mentioned getting a good Ether Doctor roll, which is cool because it's a fun gun, but if that happened at the end of Season 11 (with Ether Doctor being sunset at the end of that season), it would probably be somewhat demotivating. I guess the counterpoint would be that maybe you'd be motivated to play more with your Ether Doctor while it is still useful in every activity, but even that just delays the feeling of disappointment for the start of next season.
So this is just going to be them eliminating The Reckoning and combining Gambit & Gambit Prime into a single game mode, right? It would make sense if Bungie was wary of announcing another Gambit-focused season after the community's reaction to Season of the Drifter. I know a lot of people enjoy Gambit, and other people say they'd enjoy it if the correct changes were made to it, but it'd be a weird decision to make for the same season they made the loot pool identical for all playlist activities.

Maybe for the next year, each of the seasons will focus on the removal of an activity (Forges, Menagerie, Old Raids, Blind Well, etc.) and try to spin it as new content. The ice planet and burning Gambit dogtag still support my theory of introduce a Lost Planet temperature mechanic!

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 3, 2020

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The season wasn't originally supposed to come out June 16th, that was a bug on their API that is still being displayed incorrectly on DIM. June 9 is the season end-date.

I'll say it again, whatever gets revealed on June 9th will have some tangible implications on the game-world that they want to be a surprise that reset.

And showing the drifter doesn't necessarily mean anything about an increased focus on Gambit as a game mode - it might actually mean a lower emphasis on it. Drifter's role in the narrative was always about toeing a line between light and dark and using the Gambit competition to collect resources for that - "Window's closing, Drifter's gotta get under it".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah Gambit is not a supported game mode anymore. I think Drifter is just in the cutscene for lore reasons rather than indicating anything about gameplay

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Drifter is included so the audience thinks the threat has to be very serious if he's going to be involved.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Drifter is getting Cayde-6 and gambit is going with him.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm alright-alright-alright with that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I really like that they have incorporated the character model's hosed up teeth into the lore

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

"Pyramid ships? Drifter is gettin' the gently caress outta here, and I'm takin' Gambit Prime with me! Suck it, Guardians!" (*Note: Drifter died on the way back to his home planet*)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also, that trailer seems to support the 4chan leak from a while back, which also said that ALL of year 4 is about preparing for the darkness' imminent arrival (so soon, we mean it this time!)

What was the leak?

Also Gambit is kinda just meh but I like the Drifter as a character and when Cayde died and we were going round picking up caches it was fun finding out he used to be friends with Drifter and actually came up with the idea for Gambit which from a gameplay perspective makes Cayde a dick but from a lore perspective makes him even more interesting.

They should bring Cayde back anyways because he liked to chill in the hangar and the colonel could be friends with Saint's pigeons and they would totally be bros and we could get homoerotic fan art and Saint rubbing the beautiful beautiful horn. Seriously though I'm bummed we never got to see/hear Saint & Cayde interact.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
So I bought and played this on launch with a battlenet account. I don't currently have access to said account, is there anything significant granted as an acknowledgement that you bought the game or is there no real difference compared to a new FTP account? I didn't but any of the expansions if that changes anything, except maybe the first, I can't really remember.

Is there any real point to trying to fight for access to said account or can I just download it on steam and forget about my old account without missing much?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Pharnakes posted:

So I bought and played this on launch with a battlenet account. I don't currently have access to said account, is there anything significant granted as an acknowledgement that you bought the game or is there no real difference compared to a new FTP account? I didn't but any of the expansions if that changes anything, except maybe the first, I can't really remember.

Is there any real point to trying to fight for access to said account or can I just download it on steam and forget about my old account without missing much?

Did you link your battle.net account to your Bungie account? If you already linked that and you have access to your Bungie account I don’t think it should matter. Just go to https://www.bungie.net/7/en/pcmove, link your Steam account, and give it a shot.

If it doesn’t work, you’ll be missing out on whatever you obtained on your old save - but other than that no, there were no special bonuses for transferring.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pharnakes posted:

You can still move your account over to steam, and I recommend doing it. It'll save you from having to unlock all the worlds which is a tedious timegate.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Scyantific posted:

New teaser https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1268215255898841089

Cant wait to read all the posts complaining about a non-existent 3rd gambit mode

I read this simply as the Drifter grabbing his Bug Out Bag and attaining Exit Velocity because it's time to Cut And Run.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

What was the leak?
There are at least 3 different leaks from 4chan from the past 3 months, which all somewhat contradict the other (the first leak was from a "former Bungie employee", the second leak was from a "current Bungie employee", and the third was from a "current Bungie employee" who said the other 2 leaks were fake). The only consistent thing from them is that the next expansion features a new enemy race inspired by The Darkness and that there will be a new Raid and multiple new Strikes but no new Crucible or Gambit content.

Everything else interesting only appears in 1 of the leaks or is too vague to have any meaning, so isn't of much value (maybe Cayde will come back but as a villain, The Darkness race might be H.R. Geiger-inspire ghost monsters or they might be exos, there might be new darkness-inspired subclasses but maybe that got cut already, etc.).

It's probably a rabbit hole not worth diving into.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

Did you link your battle.net account to your Bungie account? If you already linked that and you have access to your Bungie account I don’t think it should matter. Just go to https://www.bungie.net/7/en/pcmove, link your Steam account, and give it a shot.

If it doesn’t work, you’ll be missing out on whatever you obtained on your old save - but other than that no, there were no special bonuses for transferring.

I think I probably did, but I can't see how to sign into my budgie account. When I go to the link and sign in with steam, I can choose between Playstation, Xbox, Stadia, Twitch and Bnet to merge to steam. There is no mention of a bungie account anywhere that I can see.

But if there are no bonuses then oh well. Kind of poo poo that I paid for the game and got nothing to show for it now, but if I've lost access to the account anyway then whatever I guess.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Discospawn posted:

There are at least 3 different leaks from 4chan from the past 3 months, which all somewhat contradict the other (the first leak was from a "former Bungie employee", the second leak was from a "current Bungie employee", and the third was from a "current Bungie employee" who said the other 2 leaks were fake). The only consistent thing from them is that the next expansion features a new enemy race inspired by The Darkness and that there will be a new Raid and multiple new Strikes but no new Crucible or Gambit content.

Everything else interesting only appears in 1 of the leaks or is too vague to have any meaning, so isn't of much value (maybe Cayde will come back but as a villain, The Darkness race might be H.R. Geiger-inspire ghost monsters or they might be exos, there might be new darkness-inspired subclasses but maybe that got cut already, etc.).

It's probably a rabbit hole not worth diving into.

Nah, there was a recent leak that talked about a trailer that bungie was supposedly going to publish. It said it featured Eris, Drifter, and the Exo Stranger on Europa. Drifter was wearing a helmet, and they all looked over a swirling energy. It was supposed to be an Avengers moment for Destiny.

So far, nothing has been disproved for that leak. We have Europa. We have Eris and Drifter (wearing something on his head), and we have some weird energy thing going on with the red poo poo on the ground. I doubt we'll see a teaser featuring the Exo Stranger... that seems like a reveal for the full trailer.

Here is the leak:

The ticking hourglass and the reforged blade from the Nine lore are the Stranger and Eris. A hybrid Live Action/CGI reveal trailer features Drifter (in a helmet) getting off a ship into a tundra, summoning a sparrow, riding through a blizzard, and meeting up with Eris, who is tinkering with a gun. He takes off his helmet, and the two hear a noise. The Stranger transmats in behind them and all three look over a crater with a glowing object that's surrounded by swirling energy. The expansion doesn't deal directly with the Darkness, but is about preparing for a war. It links back up with the storyline started in Forsaken about Mara, Eris, Drifter, and the Nine. The Nine Trio (Drifter, Eris, Stranger) feature heavily as major players. Reveal trailer should drop in a couple weeks. Bungie has been prepping for the Stranger reveal for a while and misdirecting fans to believe her story was finished in order to make a bigger splash. They want this to be their "Infinity War" moment.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 4, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We're getting two more teasers, one Friday, one Sunday.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We're getting two more teasers, one Friday, one Sunday.

well no poo poo, we have the Eris one to go live. A Sunday or Monday teaser also makes sense as a "Announcement Eve" kind of deal.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

The ticking hourglass and the reforged blade from the Nine lore are the Stranger and Eris. A hybrid Live Action/CGI reveal trailer features Drifter (in a helmet) getting off a ship into a tundra, summoning a sparrow, riding through a blizzard, and meeting up with Eris, who is tinkering with a gun. He takes off his helmet, and the two hear a noise. The Stranger transmats in behind them and all three look over a crater with a glowing object that's surrounded by swirling energy. The expansion doesn't deal directly with the Darkness, but is about preparing for a war. It links back up with the storyline started in Forsaken about Mara, Eris, Drifter, and the Nine. The Nine Trio (Drifter, Eris, Stranger) feature heavily as major players. Reveal trailer should drop in a couple weeks. Bungie has been prepping for the Stranger reveal for a while and misdirecting fans to believe her story was finished in order to make a bigger splash. They want this to be their "Infinity War" moment.
Ah, ok, I haven't been following the rumors about story stuff. Coming in with New Light I still feel pretty disconnected with most of the characters and lore that a lot of players get excited about, even though I've bought the expansions and played through the campaigns. A lot of the callbacks to Destiny 1 stuff or even Destiny 2 content that is no longer accessible (or that maybe I experienced in my first dozen hours of the game and couldn't make sense of) just doesn't hit with me.

I'm more curious about any new game mechanics or drastic playlist changes, because 1 way to interpret all the news from the TWABs lately is that Bungie is very confident in the amount of content they'll put out in the Fall. I don't believe that myself, but I'm eager to analyze all of this year's Destiny 2 content to try to see if it makes more sense after the expansion content drops.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Discospawn posted:

no new Crucible or Gambit content

This seems believable. Gambit could really do with at least one new map but I thought they'd just keep going with the quick and easy ports of D1 PvP maps :(

Reading about Bungie describing the game as having an "Avengers moment" or "Infinity War moment" is weird as hell however. If that's real then holy poo poo do some of their design leads have their heads jammed up their asses if they think Eris/Drifter/Stranger standing together is anything remotely close to that, and I say that as someone who thinks the only good Marvel movie was Thor: Ragnarok.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
I am probably going to try and get back into the swing of playing, but I don't know where I should start (as far as grouping up with other goons, at least).
Joined the discords in the OP, but they're both pretty oversaturated with channels so I'm kind of having eyes-glazed-over moments the second I look through them.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't even know what a Destiny "Avengers moment" even looks like. Like people were kinda hyped for Saint-14 coming back, though that was datamined and happened over the course of like a month. I don't think there's any character stuff short of like Shaxx kicking Zavala's rear end for 10 mins or something that would be hype.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Best Destiny 2 burn I've ever seen was a Reddit post talking about all the TWAB updates and previews leading to an Avengers moment, and a commenter saying it seemed more like it was leading to a Thanos snap.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Well technically they're right given how much content is gonna disappear :haw:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*thanos snap*
“oh thank god they only sunsetted 50% of our gear”

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Fly Molo posted:

*thanos snap*
“oh thank god they only sunsetted 50% of our gear”
hahaha right in the feels :(

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

When you think about it, Bungie fuckery is inevitable.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Fire vanguard.

Replace with Drifter, Eris and Spider.

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hate cartoon logic because everything is meaningless. Somebody die and is reborn, of theres infinite him on infinite universe, so even his death is meaningless, like his live and achievements is meaningless.

Unlike real life, where if you die, you die. finito. The end. And everything you do have consequences, if sometimes small, sometimes big.

Cartoon heroes are walking Deus Ex Machina.

I hope destiny don't go there, already is too much that we have a anti-hero reborn (the lord of crows)