Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«458 »
Have you ever been to the moon?
Yes
Absolutely
I want to talk to Samson
View Results
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

The Forsaken era of the game (September 2018) was awesome but are you saying Forsaken as a $30 purchase right now is a good call? Seems like most of its content is either free or about to get gone next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Tezzeract posted:

As a someone who's only played the base campaign, how worth it is Forsaken and Shadowkeep?

Forsaken is probably the high point of Destiny 2, Shadowkeep isn't as front-loaded but it's currently going through a decent season. Shadowkeep is Bungie's first Destiny content after the split and it definitely feels that way in some parts.
Don't expect another juicy campaign story in Shadowkeep like there was for vanilla Destiny 2 and Forsaken, it simply doesn't exist.
I personally wouldn't bother with the game right now, you are basically late to the party, it's 3am, all the drinks are gone and people are slowly filtering out. Wait for Beyond Light imo

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Old soldiers never die,
and they don't fade away.

Looks like I need to do Spire (again; well, first time on PC but I did it on PS4 a bunch) for the guaranteed emote. That's my favorite emote in the game and I never got it previously.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 18, 2011

Pet me.

I can't believe I paid 15 dollars for the Monte Carlo, I haven't played a lick of shadowkeep since the moon introduction that anybody can do

Come to think of it. I haven't played this since doom eternal came out in March 20th. I saw that a pyramid showed up on io or something, stared at it and logged off. The rasputin season was so draining, and such a letdown

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 8, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

Aaaand they just fixed it by changing the nightfall to Pyramidion.

Well done, Bungie. I almost logged in on a weekday.

lol, I'm still salty this sort of thing seems to be the only kind of thing they can fix without bringing servers down/patching.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm the person who's internet goes out for the entire night right as I finish doing my first 1080.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Oxyclean posted:

lol, I'm still salty this sort of thing seems to be the only kind of thing they can fix without bringing servers down/patching.

Anything that makes the game Too Easy must be fixed right away. Anything that creates Difficulty, even if not intended, can be addressed later.

The GregT approach to game design, if you will.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The fact that you can turn Guardians into orbs in Crucible is the funniest poo poo ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Molo
May 7, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

Anything that makes the game Too Easy must be fixed right away. Anything that creates Difficulty, even if not intended, can be addressed later.

The GregT approach to game design, if you will.

Yeah, every time.

Content is unplayably difficult because they nerfed or broke every effective strategy? No big deal, might get patched next season, itís supposed to be challenging.

Players are getting a few extra tokens or masterwork cores? REAL poo poo.

«458 »