Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Please do not use an auto rifle for boss DPS when you can use a power weapon or even a sniper rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I shot and killed and teabagged Byf in Iron Banner. Feels good yo.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What's the proper teabag etiquette? Do you do a fast dip or a slow, methodical dip?

Or do you do an actual emote? If so which one?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spanish Manlove posted:

What's the proper teabag etiquette? Do you do a fast dip or a slow, methodical dip?

Neither too fast nor too slow, it’s gotta be fast enough to be annoying but slow enough to show that you’re being deliberate and not just button mashing.

even better if you throw in a salt, heart, sweeping, or low score emote.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Beard Yawn posted:

Please do not use an auto rifle for boss DPS when you can use a power weapon or even a sniper rifle.

Remember the bad old days when we had to plink bosses with two primaries? And Bungie was insistent that it was better gameplay despite everyone and their mother complaining about it from the pre-release beta.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

just keep in mind that the faster you bag the more mad you are, and being mad on the internet is an instant loss

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
being bagged means you’ve already won

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There is only one real rule to bagging.

Never be the first to bag, but always be the last.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tqilamknbrd posted:

being bagged means you’ve already won

play well for fun, piss someone off, get teabagged when they finally kill you, kill them a bunch more times and teabag them back, then message them “gg” after the game

then just kick back and watch the hatemail roll in

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Adding to Landlord's rule, always bag anyone with TTV (or any variation of Twitch) in their name.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
True victory is when you crush them so completely that they skip anger and go right to laughter

We mercy'd 10 games in a row last night with an all-sweet-business fireteam :discourse:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Hobnob posted:

You should be at 750 power because everyone got bumped to that level, even a newly created character starts at that level.
(It's possible you are actually 750 and happened upon a contact event on Io, some of the late-stage spawns in that might be in the immune range of a 750 player).

If you're not, you could try starting the red war campaign (Amanda Holiday in the tower, assuming you have access to the tower), or, I dunno, just start a new character? It's not like you'll be giving up much.

I ended up starting a new character, it immediately gave me level 750 gear and a bunch of breadcrumb quests. Much less bewildering to get started with.

Thanks for the help.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKGEIXqGb5Y

Warning: loud as gently caress

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

diffizzle is a cool dude who once carried me to 5500. he bags with intensity.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

diffizzle is a cool dude who once carried me to 5500. he bags with intensity.

I caught a stream where he instabanned an incel and told him to gently caress off and never come back. So he seems like a purdy cool dude.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I only bag if I've been bagged and deserved it. Otherwise I report for unsportsmanlike conduct because I'm a narc.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

KingKapalone posted:

My group is new to the game and raiding. We were on Calus in Leviathan and the following happened twice. We were on the last platform and got him down to zero health. He started his charge up move but went immune so obviously we couldn't burn the shield and we died. Is the platform timer that allows for damage running out while he's in that phase and we're just screwed? Do we have to stop and just do a third round of everything?

Also does him going to skeleton form potentially make him skip doing his bomb move which would normally signal time to switch? Do we just have to soak the laser beam? It's frequently killing someone. Maybe we're supposed to side step it.

So, once his health has hit zero, Robo-Calus charges up an attack. Don't aim for the robot, aim for the attack in his hands. Once you do enough damage his attack fails, he blows up and you get your reward.

Also, once he becomes a robot, his face is no longer your damage point, it's the glowing patch on his chest. Shift fire and open up on him.

As for the other steps, when you're on the platforms doing damage, you have to leave and jump to the next platform BEFORE he hits it. He aims at the platform, so if you move you will be fine. On the last platform, drop wells and do your damage.

A good way to do it is by going clockwise. Top-right, bottom-right, bottom left, top left. Each should have about 15-20 seconds of damage.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The funniest teabag is when you teabag other people's kills

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The best bag is “come to a complete stop” single bag, walk away

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anybody know what I need to do for the prismatic recaster bounties to be available? Also to get it working in general? I did the season quest, and did the Control event on Io, so I don't know what else to do.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I bag first and laugh when I get bagged back.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Bag your teammates

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

tqilamknbrd posted:

Bag your teammates

I have determined that the best bag is when a buddy and I gang up on a super and kill it and instead of bagging said dead super I instead administer the celebratory bag to my buddy who died in the fight.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This game has so much going on that the thread for it went days without a post

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

It’s Iron Banner week, we’ve all been busy fragging out.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the best bag is the rear end drag bag

drop a squat and just slowly move in a circle

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When's the friggin Traveler's Chosen quest resuming? Wasn't the current season originally supposed to end in like 4 weeks?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When's the friggin Traveler's Chosen quest resuming? Wasn't the current season originally supposed to end in like 4 weeks?

Maybe they pushed it back a month to stretch things out a little

Like too little jam spread over too much bread

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
jpeg of cold butter (traveler exotic quest) on a knife (2 month delay) loving up the bread (destiny)

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

jpeg of cold butter (traveler exotic quest) on a knife (2 month delay) loving up the bread (destiny)

then a .gif of it being dropped facedown (new expansion release)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
someone teabagged me just now by killing me from like fifty yards away and just staring at me from a distance and crouching up and down

the lazy bag

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

someone teabagged me just now by killing me from like fifty yards away and just staring at me from a distance and crouching up and down

the lazy bag

Just practicing social distancing imo

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
someone bagging you like that just means you've killed them enough to get them worked up

it's essentially a sign of submission

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The ornament was moved to September 8th, so probably then?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Happy Reset Day Eve, Goons! I can't wait to play the same Interference mission for the 32nd time tomorrow. I don't know how I'm expected to sleep tonight.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Love goons talking about unsportsmanlike conduct while selectively perma-banning people for the cherry picked conduct that they don’t like. :rolleyes:

Sure is fun staying in a match where we’re getting killed and t-bagged right as we spawn in, but I’m supposed to sit there and give them the satisfaction.
I bet they even let you cap flags at one point so you wouldn’t get mercy’d.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Love goons talking about unsportsmanlike conduct while selectively perma-banning people for the cherry picked conduct that they don’t like. :rolleyes:

Sure is fun staying in a match where we’re getting killed and t-bagged right as we spawn in, but I’m supposed to sit there and give them the satisfaction.

Wahh I'm a little loving baby.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

Mill Village posted:

For the record, the instance Mill is posting about here is when we got matched against a superior team in Iron Banner, they teabagged him, and he responded by actively feeding the other team.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Mill Village posted:

Hey everybody if this guy doesn't like how he, personally, is performing in a match he answered your call to team for he'll just give up and try to throw the game regardless of what the other five members of the stack want.

Offsite Dramaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psycho Landlord posted:

Hey everybody if this guy doesn't like how he, personally, is performing in a match he answered your call to team for he'll just give up and try to throw the game regardless of what the other five members of the stack want.

Offsite Dramaaaaaa

well that sounds lovely