Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Whelp, finally took the plunge and switched from PS4 to PC and I wish I had done this earlier since I now feel decently capable with kb+m, instead of fumbling with a controller. Now I just need to see if I have some missions left on Forsaken before I hit the Shadowkeep content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I love how Toland describes you as "Bringer of Vacancies", which to be fair is quite on the point regarding the player character by now..

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The fallen were the last race blessed by the traveler who then abandoned them, hence their name

fun fact: their servitors were made in the traveler's image and designed to offer similar purpose (giving ether instead of light, which grants strength), which is why they are objects of worship

I think because of their fervor for the traveler there are very few, if any, fallen who follows the darkness. I think the fanatic and his scorn are the only example
Yeah, they are basically their name, a race that has Fallen very far from grace and pursues the Traveler to gain itīs blessings again. They are still a bunch of sneaky backstabbers and murderers so donīt feel bad for the bodycount youīve probably racked up on them by now.

President Ark posted:

they had extremely short lifespans before getting their worms and have the potential to have incredibly long lifespans post-worming so long as they keep murdering and torturing things - oryx and co. are/were in excess of a billion years old
One of the things I loved from the Hive lore is that their philosophy/religion is basically an evil pyramid scheme where everyone constantly tithes power to the rear end in a top hat above you until you hit the Hive head honhcos.

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 6, 2019

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

DancingShade posted:

It also said it's not our enemy but is our salvation.
It also tells us in the same sentence that itīs not our friend either.

Out of curiosity, my younger brother decided to pick up Destiny 2 after quitting the game after the last expansion for the first game. If he wants to play the main campaign (the Red War), does he need to pick it up from Holliday and then choose the first mission from the Destination screen, right? Will that give him the campaign related stuff as well, such as the story clips and the missions where you unlock your subclasses?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, since I decided to put my Warlock on hold for a while and focus on either my titan or Hunter I decided to start grinding for some guns. The question is though, are there any special guns that I should look out for when running Vex Offensive or the Nightmare stuff?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

It's not all bad, at least that exotic sidearm quest was quick and free of bullshit. No stupid grind, just something that's over in a few minutes and has some funny dialogue.
I just hope that Bungie will follow this example in the future.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

If I was a guardian I would just abuse my power and lord it over the civilian populace. It's not like they can kill me.
Plenty of Guardian have gotten the final dirtnap after their Ghost was murked.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I reinstalled D2 and I guess I finally had enough. The gameplay is awesome but the general gameloop just doesnīt do it for me anymore. I guess Iīll just wait for more info on the expansion but I have a feeling that the only way they would be able to rope me in is by adding space combat to the mix and thatīs not very likely.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
There is a reason why Warframe havenīt left my computer and Destiny 2 has been uninstalled several times. Because for all itīs faults, at least the Warframe devs are willing to try different stuff and see what sticks. Bungie is pretty much stuck in itīs development rut and I sincerely doubt that theyīll be able to break out of it due to a lot of factors. Iīd be really goddamn happy if Bungie were to prove me wrong but right now it feels that they are transferring their resources into whatever the next title will be.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The game is at its best when red bars die to one crit

Scaling up enemy health and damage is not a good form of difficulty modifier, IMHO, but it's an easy, cop out way of adding difficulty so it's here to stay until Bungie hires a 7th employee
This is pretty much my take on it as well. Bungie really doesnīt have a good way to tell when they upscale an enemy if it turns into something challenging or something really loving obnoxious.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I’ll never understand the people who want the moment-to-moment gameplay of Destiny, in PVE anyways, to actually be difficult. The mechanics of this game are not complex enough to justify that. This isn’t Devil May Cry*. The closest the game comes to genuine, creative difficulty is stuff like the raids and dungeons that asks players to perform a specific “dance” with each other to proceed, an interlinked routine. That stuff’s very cool.
And thatīs where the raids of the Destiny franchise simply loses me. I hate that the cool stuff in those raids is buried behind what feels like endless synchronized swimming events that far overstays their welcome.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Have you done any of the raids, personally? I don't know where this reputation comes from and seems limited to wallflower gamers. The fireteam is doing a synchronized swim but Player #1 is doing "pick up 10 motes and deposit them in a bank"

If you haven't beaten Garden of Salvation yet, join one of the many SA PC Destiny 2 discords and find a squad! It's rad content
I ran most of the raids in D1 at least once and Leviathan and most of the Last Wish in D2. I guess Iīm not cut out for the more teambased content since coordinating some of the stuff required in the raids simply bores me to death. Destiny is simply the most fun to me when itīs run and gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'd vastly prefer to be playing Destiny 3 with a fresh empty vault this September, but I'm probably alone in that regard.
No, Iīm the same in that regard since Iīd rather see a fresh slate rather than the kludged mess that is Destiny 2.