Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

5er posted:

Is the new stuff coming out tomorrow going to have side-missions that start out solo but wind up railroading you into mandatory pvp steps?

You don't have to have pinnacle weps you dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Givin posted:

Can you chat in game yet? This is not a shitpost I am genuinely curious. I thought I read you could on PC and there is no general channel.

there's always been one and it's always been opt in so no one uses it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Airspace posted:

Can I just move my Battle.net installation over to where I keep my Steam games, or am I going to have to download 90 gigs on a terrible connection?

No, yes. Royawesome confirmed this a few days ago when the predownload popped up

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve asked for a refund. This is bullshit.

Good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Shut the gently caress up bitch

Cool.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So how is Sunshot now? I remember loving that gun when Destiny 2 fist came out.

Good:
12 bullets instead of 8
Easy access to enhanced hand cannon loader
Still wrecks groups of little enemies

Bad
Takes up exotic slot
Usually has to two tap most medium enemies
Can't use a mod slot
Needs catalyst to really shine.

I wouldn't bring it to a lot of group activities but it's fun in almost everything else

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I had Monte Carlo drop for me so I decided to switch to a doomfang void Titan for a while. You get your super up pretty much every other group of enemies in a strike. It's fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

PathAsc posted:

Dropped for me last night as well, haven't had a chance to use it but I've got a gimmick I want to try on my lock. Wish it had a catalyst though.

I wish I could put seasonal mods into exotics because wtf

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What’s the difference between gambit and gambit prime?

Ones derivative of the other.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NihilCredo posted:

In PvE, if you're bringing an aggressive pulse in the first place (shattered throne?), then you're definitely hitting headshots, making Outlaw the better choice. FF is +8 reload, Outlaw maxes it out regardless - you can pair it with extended mag and still get max speed reload.

In PvP, you want Snapshot Sights in that slot.

No. Stop. You can only be so wrong.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NihilCredo posted:

'Sort by expiration' and 'sort by activity' would be enough for me.

Elaborate.

Snapshot is really only good if you're getting jumped and as a panic option. BF has good enough handling to not need it. For pvp you can pretty much one tap a dude with kill clip so feeding frenzy killclip is so much better than whatever trash option you're suggesting.

I actually use a zen moment last Perdition so what do I know, but you're still Omega wrong about snapshot dude. Just stop.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yikes this is a hostile post lol

Yeah it does kinda come off that way doesn't it? Didn't mean to sound too aggro but drat a dude can only be so wrong

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's ok we're all just trying to keep our buds alive in the Crucible so TOUGH LOVE is acceptable

Honestly though, spacing and general game sense are a lot more important than weapon rolls. A dude who's been playing crucible 24/7 since launch and is insane at it (eg frostbolt, cammycakes) can do a lot more with random blue weapons than one of us with top tier meta godroll bullshit.

So it's pretty much worthless to argue but instead focus on playing up what you like to do. Someone who's used to rushdown likely will hate pulse rifles while someone who usually zones will hate SMGs. Trying to be better at your skillset is what you should focus on for weapon rolls.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Captain America build loving rules. Monte Carlo and Doomfang Paulrons with literally any void titan spec (I like middle tree for massive explosions) and any mods that give you super on melee kill. Basically you just fuckin punch a dude, shoot a dude or two to get your melee back, repeat until super then flaunt america's rear end all over things. I love it. You can basically solo the first two rooms of the vex event and you become a thick assed terror in strikes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

PathAsc posted:

I have no desire to burn my super gauge on finishers, maybe if bungie didn't gently caress with orbs/regen it would be more useful but gently caress that in this economy.

I could see the super for heavy ammo thing but that's really it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It seems like destiny wants me to do the captain america "punch everything" build because gambit prime just blessed me with this:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siljmonster posted:

gently caress you

It also blessed me with an autoloading holster/one-two punch moon shotgun. I'm gonna get poo poo drops for the rest of the season.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jinnigan posted:

where do i get the astronaut armor sets

East Florida or Houston. They're going to be in another expansion.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A Sometimes Food posted:

What's the best way to get glory if you kinda suck right now? Other than carries I guess.

Keep playing until you don't suck?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Just learn how to solo public events, it's fine.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AirRaid posted:

Man I’m glad I don’t care enough to bother diving into Crucible and need to win. I might play the 4 matches for a powerful but gently caress actually expecting to do well.

Soloing PEs is the easy part. You don’t even need to make them Heroic for the Invasion to trigger after. It’s the vex invasion itself that’s a bastard, specially if you need to kill the gatelords for a bounty/the initial quest. They’re pretty hard to solo.

You should try to get a 150rpm grenade launcher with spike grenades because they melt bosses (edge transit is a random drop, outrageous fortune comes from zavala token turn ins, and there's a new moon one from moon stuff). All the trash dies quickly to stuff like telesto or commander Titan punching one goblin. Yeah it's kinda difficult I guess but it's fun to prove you're better solo than a bunch of randoms flailing around.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Edge transit is not a 150

Huh swore it was. Nevermind, it's still garbage then.

Also if you can make orbs reliably (masterworked primary) then wendigo is really good too at melting bosses

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VideoGames posted:

I have two side buttons on my mouse. One is melee and one is finisher and they get used almost as much as M1 and M2 :D

I did that but melee and class ability.

I have finisher bound to T because I almost never use it and it's not that far of a stretch

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Glenn Quebec posted:

What's a good way to get more glimmer? Did the dang quest that costs 50k of it and it makes me mad.

Slot in the artefact mods that increase glimmer on hive and vex kills. Then run vex offensive and the nightfall a lot.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Nightmare hunts can drop the moon guns maybe but deffo drop their quests so sticking to the hunts is the most efficient way to farm a moon gun. Probably better rates on harder hunts

The weekly nightmare hunt powerful is how I got my autoloading/1-2 punch moon shotgun so yeah you guys should run them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Turtlicious posted:

I want to learn about destiny lore but I prefer funny goon takes. What's your favorite bit of lore?

Shaxx has a huge crush on mara sov because she was able to kill him using a bow. Last christmas he gave her one as a present. Also she occasionally summons him for a booty call and to read her shakespeare, but he doesn't take off the helmet

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Deakul posted:

Do nightmare hunts actually count as strikes?

They're diet strikes. All the flavor of a strike but half the calories.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CubeTheory posted:

Is there a good randomized legendary sword that is easily farmable?

Shaxx gives me a ton of swords from his boxes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I turned in 400 IB tokens last night and the only mods I got were enhanced RL loader and enhanced HC targetting. Good news was the HC targeting was the only enhanced perk I actually wanted so woohoo

Edit: 400 not 40

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 17, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Taking a selfie after a good crucible kill/streak never gets old

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
They should probably take out the ability to put icons in your name because holy poo poo it's annoying.

Testing out how it looks

Going into Iron Banner

Very sure that this blocks everyone's view

He's right

Yeah that went as expected

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Glenn Quebec posted:

I treat it like how guns in some games need to spool up to shoot. I'll run around tapping the trigger

I like when people do this because it's super loving loud and incredibly easy to pinpoint exactly where they are because of it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zigmidge posted:

Is d2checklist not reliable to use for sorting the stupid amount of gear I get? I swear it's easier to manage loot in the division 2.

Use DIM

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Idk maybe read up and learn a thing or two?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mill Village posted:

Its stupid how middle tree Arcstrider's melee cannot one-hit kill despite requiring you to sprint and then slide to activate it.

It should be air unblockable like all other shoryukens

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Glenn Quebec posted:

Despite striker super being broken af, I feel like Titan's have the worst supers overall. Just my HOT take.

Doomfangs and middle tree void is amazingly fun but not incredibly optimal. You hit dudes with a shield and they explode, you also get to throw a lot of shields. You're captain America and space is filled with Nazis, so get to punching.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I rather like running Path of the Commander with Ursa Furiosa. The shield can be really nice in some situations and if people are shooting it you'll get a lot of super energy back. Also the Captain America shield throw can kill a lot of people fast if they're grouped up. It's probably worse than most super but I like trying to rub my shield into people's faces.

That build is REALLY good in nightfalls.

Doomfang to build super, switch to Ursa when you get super. Put doomfang back on after you pop super.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tei posted:

caide-6 is dead

So he's a character from anthem

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Craptacular! posted:

Anthem characters are often voiced by Hollywood actors who make no sense for a neverending content drip-feed game so yeah exactly.

Woosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

How the hell are you drawing Lev's breath so fast?

That's just what it looks like when you draw it without aiming. Your dude grunts for a while to overcome the test then pretty much draws it back instantly.