Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

I mean I don't know anything about databases, on account of how hard they are, but yeah, seems the characters and such are stored on bungie's servers, not blizzards (or sony's or microsofts). it's the entire basis of how cross-save can work

just because the game is taken off blizz launcher, doesn't mean the characters are taken off bungie.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What if the twist of Shadowkeep is that the Moon is NOT haunted???

what if WE are the ghosts

wait, hang on

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I also applied to corndog

I guess it'd be the bungie.net account, that you see? freemanondaland, in that case

shadowkeep campaign had a great first and last mission. the rest was, ok. just more destiny stuff. although, the LOOOORE. not really feeling the intermission to go do moon stuffs in order to get the armour, that just felt awkward

gotta get into the hang of doing finishers and find a key bind I like. actually, wait, you can bind shift+ a thing, neat. I'll just do shift + melee, that works.

I think you're better off doing the campaign first, THEN turning in tokens to hit the soft cap. I ended up at around 880 after the campaign and there was only one spot I really felt underlevelled. Although I did grab an auto/sniper/machinegun from those essence things, while I was doing the armour essences.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 2, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ijyt posted:

I never played D1 and only just got D2 because I’m a cheap gently caress, do I need to worry about any limited time events that have things that disappear forever if you don’t get them during that time?

The short amount of gameplay I got to try last night makes me want to buy Shadowkeep already, and it I can avoid missing out on stuff going forward that’d be great.

there's going to be 'season of the undying' stuff starting soonish. it's the vex (robot) head icons you can see on the map in certain places.

it'll last for the next three months so you got sometime.

also there's the free items you get from levelling (the seasons tab on the director)*

*the director is the menu with map/pursuits/destinations/roster tabs, as opposed to the different menu with the character loadouts/inventory/triumphs/collections/settings tabs.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

President Ark posted:

the leviathan ones are probably fine for getting your feet wet because my understanding of the others is they're a lot more complicated; off the top of my head there's at least three more (last wish, the one from black armory, and crown of sorrow which is also leviathan but not f2p)

i am probably forgetting one

tbh in terms of mechanics I'd say it's something like...

Most difficult to least:

spire of stars (year 1)
last wish (year 2)
leviathan (year 1)
crown of sorrow (year 2)
scourge of the past (year 2)
eater of worlds (year 1)

roughly speaking and highly subjective! the bottom three could be mixed around in order or said to be roughly equal, depending.
spire is brutal for sure though

basically if Eater of Worlds is the best for a newbie raider who doesn't have forsaken, I think. Fun and engaging with some cool set pieces, but not super long or complex or difficult.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 5, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

specifically, once you've beaten the 3 nightmare hunts and have gotten to the point where you'd do the last mission, you can buy them at 860

basically just the "oops i dismantled the mandatory gear I need for progression" undo button

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

g0del posted:

If it's higher than any gear you have in that particular slot, you should hang on to it (you don't have to wear it, just have it in inventory or your vault). When destiny is figuring out what power to make your drops, it bases it on the maximum light level you could possibly wear.

However, once you have a purple or yellow that's equal or higher than the blue in that slot, it's safe to delete the blue. Once you hit the soft cap of 900, blues mostly exist just to annoy you and take up inventory space.

sometimes blues will drop higher on a slot that's lagging behind, that's kind of helpful

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is there somewhere ingame to read lore? I'd really like to know who the fallen and the red legion are and why the hell earth is so hosed up and also why i am a robot

thing is there's not really an easy "here's the deal" type info dump. it's all different stories kind of dark souls style

there's this youtube guy Byf who did like a 4 hour video dealing with everything but eff that

oh yeah, there's ishtar collective. They collate like all the lore availabe from D1 and D2. You can search by topic and whatnot, it's good if you want to delve into a particular subject.

quick recap:

This big white space cueball called the Traveler with magic powers came to the solar system. It went around terraforming the planets and moons and asteroids and stuff. Humanity studied that power (the Light) and entered an advanced golden age.

One of the things they did was start making Exos, the robot people, which are actually humans in cryostorage with their minds flash-saved to robot bodies. The number after their name is how many times the robot body died and they got re-flashed. They lose memory and get a new personality? So Ada-1, the black armoury lady has never been reset. Banshee has been reset 44 times and has robo alzheimers.

The Vex also started appearing. They are time traveling robots who do weird time travel robot stuff. They turned Mercury into a massive machine that can simulate anything, but mostly it simulates hallways, and started doing that to venus, mars, the moon Io and the centaur Nessus. Most of this might have been later on though, after the collapse.

Humans also made an AI warmind called Rasputin.

Then the Darkness came (which are I guess big black space triangles) and hosed poo poo up and humanity collapsed. Rasputin realized it couldn't win and went to sleep until better conditions arose (ie. the player character appeared in D1). The Traveler usually runs from the Darkness but this time didn't. If you hear rumours that Rasputin forced that decision by force, don't listen, that's slanderous lies spread by a certain dick. The Traveler got damaged during the fight with the Darkness and definitely not any russian AIs, and went to sleep also, but made the Ghosts to open doors to find mighty warriors to ressurect and give space magic to. When people first started getting resurrected, they were called the Risen. Many were dicks, and became warlords and mercenaries and what not. Drifter is from around this time. Then a group banded together under the Iron Banner, and killed the warlords and were chill. People started building a city underneath the Traveler, and Risen who went there started protecting it, and became known as Guardians. Now new risen just kind of end up guardians by default since it's the largest collection of 'em.

Also when the darkness showed up, the Traveler let out a pulse of light, which met the dark and made a singularity, which sucked up a colony ship. Those colonists turned blue. These are the Awoken, space elves who lived in a magic time singularity for eons, then some of them, led by their Queen Mara Sov and her brother Uldren who is a dick, came back. They did a thing and some of the Fallen allied with them, and they built a space prison and filled it with bodies and gold. As you do. They also built a recreation of part of their previous singularity-home, and put a magic wish-dragon in there, as you do.

Some other races showed up too:

The Fallen (or Eliksni) were actually the previous race the Traveler visited, but when the Darkness showed up in their version of the collapse (the whirlwind) it ran. The Fallen are scavengers and remnants of a once great civilization. They want the Traveler back, but since we keep kicking their asses, some of them at least are willing to be try being peaceful. They survive off of 'ether', the white gas that goes when you headshot them. Only the servitor machines can make ether. They used to be separated into different Houses, but after the rear end kicking of D1 they banded together in desperation. They also used to do a thing called docking, where the penis goes in the other penis lower castes have one set of arms removed, but they can grow it back if worthy. They stopped doing that in D2.

The Hive worship the Darkness and are probably the closest to straight up evil. There's a whole thing about their history called the books of sorrow, look that up. It's good and weird! We killed one of their main leaders, Oryx, his two sons and two daughters, his best bro, his dog and now his grand daughter. Now one of his sisters is coming after us too. They also worship the Worm Gods, which are attuned to the Darkness. We maybe killed one and but it turned itself into a gun for us to use, so, you know. They have infested the Moon.

In the past, before D1, an army of guardians went to the moon to fight the Hive, but got hosed up by Crota real bad. So bad they just called it 'the Great Disaster' and banned going to the Moon for a while. A fireteam (6) guardians went to the moon anyway looking for revenge, but they got hosed up too. The only survivor was Eris Morn, who lost her ghost and her eyes. She replaced her eyes with hive eyes, I guess, and was lost in the moon tunnels for years then came back, and then left again, and then came back again. She's very goth. The other 'survivor' was Toland, who was a real Hive lore nerd. He died so hard that he just kept right on going, and is now in an alternate dimension watching us shoot and loot. He thinks we're idiots and he's not wrong, but really, he's just a white ball and we have cool guns, so, who's the real winner here?

Oryx was so powerful he killed a Worm for real probably, and took it's power to Take. This means he could suck poo poo into the Dark dimension and then return it as a spooky palette swapped zombie with ANNOYING POWERS STOP MULTIPLYING STOP SHIELDING STOP BOOPING STOP TELEPORTING STOP BLINDING JESUS ahem. Sorry. After Oryx's death(?) in D1, the Taken were maybe leaderless, but now maybe not so much?

The Cabal are definitely-not-space-marines. They had an Emperor Calus, who valued art and poo poo, but the military (led by Ghaul) deposed of him and exiled him on the giant planet eating leviathan battleship. Which, odd choice of space jail but ok. They set it to go to the edge of the universe. Calus looked into the abyss and became a real nihilist. Now he parties hard everyday, slathers enough gold on everything to make Trump look restrained, wants to be the last living thing in the universe, and wants to collect cool bros to chill with him till the end. Also, get revenge on Ghaul. He thinks guardians are the best and commissions fanfic about them.

Ghaul leads the Red Legion. He's a dick. But he's got an inferiority complex maybe? He wants the Light.

The Vex also found this... place. The Black Garden, which maybe isn't so much a place or a time as... an idea. They found a connection to the Darkness there, and worship it. This was the final (underwhelming) boss of vanilla D1. Now they are up to something again, in the new raid and season events.

You might see the Scorn as well. The Scorn are Fallen that got turned into hellraiser bondage zombies due to shenanigans. They killed Cayde-6, who was voiced by Nathan Fillion, so mostly everyone loved him except some who did not. They were led by Uldren the Dick, and you loving them up in return is the plot of the Forsaken dlc. There's more to it but,

Anyway there's many more characters and factions and stuff but that's the main thrust of things. Probably the other plotline to follow is Rose/Thorn/Last Word. It's some good western type stuff, you know, the man with the big gun takes on the black hat. But there's some developments in D2 that are like, huh, especially in regards to gambit and the drifter. If you got a question about something specific ask away.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 6, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

We know a couple of things, like the fact that when the battle was lost Rasputin calculated that the traveler would most likely flee, and turned its weapons on it shortly before being disconnected

wrong, that's just poo poo uldren says to make people mad

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

None big enough to be called a city. There's stuff like The Farm

I thought the Amhakarrah hunt was started when Riven was taken

naw. The Hunt was well before D1. It was thought the Ahamkara were totally wiped out until Riven's existence was revealed in Forsaken

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

void warlock + nezarack's sin + recluse + the relic mod where void grenades weaken enemies is gonna be the new hotness I think

maybe even mask of the quiet one for titans even???

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

Not really, depending on what ~*~Bungie’s Algorithm~*~ decides your Glory should be, you can get like, 200+ points for a win and -10 points for a loss. It’s absurd.

yeah I hit 2100 glory in just a few hours tonight, although I did get carried win many games on my own skill

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

queef anxiety posted:

ive played a bunch of gambit prime and ive never noticed this and just do whatever like its normal gambit am i meant to be using these synths or something bc i havent

there's a quest(?) from drifter to get a synthesizer, it goes in your quest tab. you put synths into the synthesizer to get a mote, then you go do reckoning. put the mote into the gambit bank at the start, and if you complete it you get an armour piece

this armour will have a bonus for when you play gambit prime

you can level up the synthesizer by doing certain bounties, so that the bonus is bigger

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

xzzy posted:

Also go check out the dude welding i-beams with no safety harness, next to Ikora. Pretty sure he's not a guardian and it is a LONG way down.

gotta die first if you wanna get resurrected as a guardian

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

el B posted:

A few of us console guys made the switch earlier this year, and had the same experience. It's extremely frustrating, but it'll feel natural soon enough. I love sniping, and that "feel" came back very quickly for me. My handcannon accuracy took A LOT longer to come back, however.

It'll all come back

same. I'm crutching hard on fusions and can hit shots with primaries and sometimes a sniper headshot but I don't think as well as on console yet. also the flying 360 spins people do with shotguns is crazy

part of it is finding the right sensitivity- I'm probably too high right now. also it's weird but the controller rumble did actually help in terms of pacing shots and hit feedback and stuff

but I did get to 2100 glory so

e; the number 1 downside of pc vs console is that you can't lightly press the trigger and watch the hammer on handcannons cock back

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Loud Lullaby looks great and feels good, what are some rolls I should look for as a PvE player?

Also dunking an arc grenade at my feet to proc Riskrunner in Vex Offensive is a loving hoot

demolitionist + outlaw I one great combo I know it can roll, cuz I have one with that

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

dmboogie posted:

yep. i did the savathun's song strike three times (queuing for it directly instead of through vanguard, but i dont think that should've made a difference?) and none of it counted for hive boss progress

it's probably strike playlist, which means you can't specifically select

just gotta hope for the best!

e; actually nevermind this. It's probably because Savathun's is a giant shrieker, which is a vehicle not a boss, or something like that.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 11, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

remind me what level blues drop at once you're 900+?

1-3 less than your highest slot? or less than your average?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

Blues can drop at 0-3 from your average. And your average is calculated from the highest light equipment that you own for each slot, which includes weapons on alts, and anything in your inventory or vault, and ignores limitations like only being able to equip a single exotic weapon/armor.

oh I'm not new, I was just trying to figure out the optimal point to start going for powerful drops on my third character as opposed to just grinding scorch crucible to get blues

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

how often should i be infusing my gear? like 900->905? hold out till 910? or really even be infusing every 2-3 llevels?

less than that, even

basically ask yourself

a) does the content you're doing actually demand the highest level possible? there's not much benefit to out levelling, so if you're doing playlist strikes, or the 750 nightfall, etc. etc. there's no benefit. crucible (besides iron banner) doesn't factor light in at all. gambit only factors it in when fighting guardians- and iirc it's only damage you deal, not damage taken. if you don't invade and just use super/heavy there's not much difference.

b) could you use a gun w/ high level but sucky perks (ie. most pve story/strike playlist/etc) or ugly or not min-maxed armour?

sure, increasing the level of a single gun by a few does help, if you're underlevelled for an activity, but not really all that much. save your materials for big jumps in power, when you intend on doing activities where those jumps will make a big difference in effectiveness.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

My other question is: if i'm already 900+, is there any reason to do the story quests and various adventures, patrols, etc on older content?

e:^ ok, thanks. that makes sense

patrols are just repeatable mini objectives. they'll give some materials or whatever so if you're low, sure. they're not really worth farming for their own sake though. if you happen to be in the area for something else then sure pick up a kill misson

adventures... sort of? there's nothing right now I can think that's like, a good weapon or whatever. But there's completionist rewards- triumphs or filling in the collections tab, if you got brainworms that compel you to do such things. Or they're just sometimes neatish or fun to play, if you've got nothing else you wanna do. Like they take you to areas you don't really see otherwise, there might be some dialogue/story stuff or some gameplay gimmick.

I think the Io adventures are pretty alright if you can stomach Asher- road rage, arecibo, postmodern prometheus and cliffhanger all got some good things going on.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Annath posted:

Possibly dumb question:

I had played Destiny 2 on PS4 when it first came out, but kinda bounced off.

I got the free PC copy on Battle.Net when that happened.

I have subsequently migrated my PS4 characters to be usable on PC, and migrated from B.Net to Steam.

How do I tell what content I *do* own, and which I do not? I understand there's been at least 2 expansions since the game launched? Steam isn't showing anything as already owned, but I'm not sure how accurate that is since I am playing a PS4-origin character on a free PC copy migrated from B.Net to Steam.

there's only two things to buy- the forsaken xpac and the shadowkeep xpac.

all year 1 stuff, that's the base game and the two dlcs (curse of osiris and warmind) are free. The year 2 annual pass got rolled into Forsaken. However there's a bunch of year 2 content also available for free.

the licenses for Forsaken and Shadowkeep are also per-platform. It doesn't sound like you would have bought either of them though. But if you did buy on ps4, you'd have to rebuy them for pc if you wanted.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Praseodymi posted:

I've seen this said a bunch, but my light level changes as I equip different level gear. Why?

the level of items dropped is determined by your max theoretical average, but your moment-to-moment level is what you are actually wearing.

it's so that you don't have to stress about always being highest level, or worry about forgetting to equip the right stuff before turning in a bounty/pick up a weekly powerful etc.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

I can hear up just by doing any content, right? I don't have to worry about beelining to a certain quest or storyline or game mode?

yeah mostly

you start at level 750. up until 900, literally every drop and reward is an upgrade based off your highest level item, no matter what slot. ie. you have 777 boots, then you get a helmet, it will be 778 or higher.

after 900 you need powerful rewards, which are weekly things. (or the prime/exotic rng drops). You literally can't see/obtain those until you hit 900 so don't worry too much if you're not there yet.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I will say for leveling, that once you do hit 900+ and start getting prime engrams, you'll want to decode those asap. They are big boosts, but the level is locked at the moment they drop, but also they don't factor in for future drops until decoded. Like don't quit out of a mission or anything, but do hit the tower before doing anything else.

Annath posted:

Got it.

Is there a point at which I should buy the expansion(s)? Right away? When I hit a certain level/light level?

When you feel like you want to do that content, I guess. Buying Forsaken gets you it's story campaign, three (good) raids, the shattered throne dungeon (a 3 person mini raid) and several exotic weapon quests. So if/when you feel like raiding or want those weapons, or want the story, then sure get it.

However there's three year 1 raids (one good, one bad, one ok) that could tide you over, though they have worse rewards.

Starting at 750 puts you high enough to do all the Forsaken stuff right away, it's just up to you when you want to.

Shadowkeep is similar- story, raid, upcoming dungeon, exotics. Shadowkeep is newest so it will have the most active community

However, SK also comes bundled with a season pass (right now it's for season of the undying, but it will be for whatever season is active when you buy it), or you can buy the pass separately. Season of Undying has more rewards on the level up chart, the vex offensive activity, and I forget what else. Some of the Season stuff will go away when the season ends! I don't think it's anything that's like, worth stressing out about missing but you know

Finally if you buy one of Forsaken OR Shadowkeep, you also get the 9 new subclass nodes/supers. They are mostly pretty strong and good but not required or pay2win or anything. You can do just fine with the base subclasses.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is there a most newbie friendly warlock class? I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the little differences and can't evaluate what's easy to use and what's some pro rear end poo poo

Shooting aliens sure is fun though.

I guess probably the... hunger void warlock? bottom node. You're looking for the devour trait. if you kill an enemy with your charged melee, it gives you the devour buff. now every kill you get instantly restores some health. It's very nice for survival. or you can hold the grenade button to 'consume' the grenade to restore health and activate devour as an alternative method. Kills will also refresh the buff and give grenade energy back, so there's good synergy.

if you do have the dlc subclasses then maybe the attunement of grace (middle) solar subclass. You can hold the grenade button to make it a healing grenade- throw at your feet if you're gonna die. The super is a big circle that gives you crazy strong healing and an overshield, and boosts your weapon damage. Not the flashiest but very effective.

I define 'newbie friendly' as 'easiest to stay alive'.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 12, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

PathAsc posted:

Old nightfall has no matchmaking

Ordeal does

750 and 920 do, the higher ones don't

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

I don't know why only 750 and 920 Ordeal nightfalls can be match made though.

just sheer difficulty

950 has a many champions that require barrier/overload/disruptor rounds- you have to co ordinate your loadouts, can't rely on randoms, as well as stuff like matchgame (gotta cover all elements)

980 is all that but even more, but also you're at a severe power deficient. I haven't tried myself but people are saying it's some of the hardest nightfalls have been- requiring some commitment/coordination/communication isn't onerous. Although an actual in-game lfg of some kind would be better than the various community methods.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Is it just me or does twilight gap loving suck now

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Arzachel posted:

The game dropped me a Huckleberry as one of my first exotic weapons which is sweet but figuring out how to get the catalyst for it has not been a fun time.

So heroic adventures, the internet says that I should be getting them off of Mercury and Mars but I've done all of the regular ones on Mercury and Brother Vance doesn't have anything to trigger the heroic versions in his inventory. IO is the flashpoint and I can do a single heroic adventure there and it seems like it's repeatable but can it roll the catalyst on repeated runs? I've managed to wrap my head around most other poorly explained systems in the game but fuckin' heroic adventures.

problem is they changed how heroic adventures work since the catalyst was introduced, so the internet info is outdated I think or maybe not

I'm sorry though I don't know the answer to your question.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

welllp, some of the pinnacle rewards went to the postmaster and I forget to pick them up and kept playing ib and now they're gone! I'm the best!! not that it matters cuz I'd never get past 952 anyway!!!!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

i got randy....'s throwing knife

terrible grind, would not recommend

time to vault this pos and never use it ever

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Now that I think of it, peeking around corners at will does kinda sound more useful than running a "real" power weapon and oneshotting one guy once every 5 minutes when I get to touch the power ammo spawn.

you can emote to corner peek

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It was the best and funniest Bungie Post ever. Something like,

"We have noticed that Oathkeepers do not appear to be reducing draw time as stated in the exotic perk description. We have removed any mention of reducing draw time from the exotic perk description"

It actually did and still does reduce drawtime- by like 1/20 of a second or whatever, just incredibly miniscule and not noticeable. But apparently an actual speed bonus would be too OP on bows, so yeah they just changed the text, but didn't change the functionality of the gear at all.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Eej posted:

To be more specific, Oathkeepers are amazing with both Monarque and Hush. Holding a Perfect Draw means that you have tons of flexibility in peeking someone and dropping a fart cloud on their head with Monarque and for Hush the increased aim assist of Perfect Draw is key for getting Archer's Gambit going.

also wish ender, for the wall hacks and to compensate for its ridiculous huge draw time

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ellipson posted:

This trailer is the canon answer to the tone of Destiny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpLsTPQtL2k

Referenced in the War Mantis set of hunter blue armour

Boots- "The more we danced, the more the Cabal battlenet lit up with requests for intelligence..."

Cloak- "...And that's how we mapped the entire Cabal warnet by shredding the dance floor."

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Is there a good rundown anywhere (YouTube, Reddit, here, wherever) of the new armor system for someone who is intimidated by it? It seems unintuitive for newcomers, and I basically avoided all Shadowkeep hype this summer because I'm poor and busy.

Armour will have an element, which determines the types of mods you can put in. For example, solar gets fusion rifle related mods, arc gets shotgun related mods, and so on. Helmet gets targeting, boots get scav, etc. There are some that are neutral and can be slotted into any element.

Each mod takes up a bit of energy- upgrade the armour (ie masterwork) to get more energy, up to 10.

Armour also has the six random stats- resilience (health), recovery (health regen speed), mobility (strafe speed), discipline (grenade recharge speed), intelligence (super charge speed) and strength (melee charge speed). You generally want pieces with high amounts in the stats you care about, rather than just highest overall total. Pinnacle gear (raid, iron banner, reckoning tier 3) will usually have higher averages.

In short- worry first about getting a piece of each element. Then worry about getting rolls with good stat distribution in each element. Then worry about getting rolls with high stats, distributed well, in each element.

Any old eververse armour you had unlocked are now universal ornaments, so you don't have to worry about looking like a fashion disaster too much.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 24, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

the lore is in the perfect place right now

if you care about it, you can read it at your leisure. and it comes as a reward for engaging with the game. if you don't, you can ignore it.

nobody wants a 10 minute monologue before you do a strike, especially given the... quality of bungie's script writers

like, the new lore book about the colony on Titan during the Collapse is a neat short story, but there is zero way it could be nicely integrated with regular gameplay. At best maybe a bioshock-esque series of audio logs, but, really? Better to just put it off in the little lore location

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

one or two of the dreaming city ascendant challenges is apparently really good for polaris

the ones where there's the big knights- you can hop up on a tree, stack headshots on the knights, then shoot into a group of shadow thralls

course it's time gated so,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

the final room doesn't count for a lot of bounties/quests/etc for some reason

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

is t here a good strike to use to get the absurd number of kills with certain weapons I need for some of these zavala quests, and is there a way to launch it solo

you can launch into a regular nightfall (NOT ordeal) solo. use the challenge card from xur to turn down the difficulty and set an element you like. they removed the positive modifiers so that sucks. it's three random strikes available each week.

most strikes let you have access to public spaces and lost sectors. farm those to your content. corrupted is up this week, you can go farm blind well, that's a good one.

I know on ps4 you can gently caress with the system clock to solo match make the regular strike playlist and then you can do the same lost sector farm. I don't know how to do that on pc/if it's possible though. e; I mean just change your computer clock I suppose, that should work