Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Game is not really going to be free. Is more like a really generous demo. To play the true destiny experience you have to buy the last dlc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

git commit -m -a “changes”

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

For anyone new to Destiny and Bungie, let me introduce Bungie for you:

Bungie is a terribad company. Expect a simple balance or fix to take many months.
Bungie is really good at two things, gunplay and skyboxes. These dont seems much but can carry this shooter looter to incredible heights. The company comes from making the halos, so they copy the idea of weak enemy, captain and brute. All factions follow this design canon fodder, captain and brute. It happens to be a good setup for a looter shooter.

Destiny is a good forever game, but have another forever game ready because the content drought periods are terrible. Somebody joining now have months of gameplay to get trought.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I was expecting Zavala to be inside the pyramid. Count me has disapointed.

I trough we where getting a bigger dlc this time. Looks like a mountain when you climb it, but when you finish seems a hill.

Tei fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 3, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Frustrated posted:

I agree with most of this and just want to call a spade a spade. It's a pathetic amount of new content for $35. This is a $20 mini expansion at best as it's much smaller and shorter than Forsaken. There are no new enemies, the moon is super tiny, no new public events, one strike, and the story was absurdly short even including the bounty and kill quest padding. There was some good atmosphere and zone design, but this game still suffers from a huge lack of diversity.

It certainly doesn't help that Borderlands 3 just came out. The borderlands story is longer than the entirety of destiny 2 and it's expansions, it has more classes with more build diversity and more enemy types. Granted that game doesn't have pvp or raids, but I've always found the pvp in this game mediocre and I'm not into raiding.

Not all of this is true. The moon is pretty big (probably has big the dreadnoutht) and we have now the nightmare hunts that are somewhat like mini-strikes with his own matchmaking.

Borderlands not having pvp means they can have op weapons, like the porcelain grenades, and is not a problem. Destiny have pvp so must balance things.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Why is it that in Destiny 1 the guardians talk but in Destiny 2 they are mute? Is there a lore reason?

I remember trying Destiny 1 after doing the full Year 1 campaign and expansions up to Forsaken on the PS4 just to see if I could adapt to controller settings and it was something that greatly surprised me. I was not expecting my character to talk at all.

1- theres a school of thinking that mute characters are better because people can project on the whatever attitude
2- is one less voice to record / translate to many languages

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Eej posted:

Imagine getting mad about only two strikes, the part of the game that no one likes, when there is a dungeon coming out with skeep

I am mad about the nerf of the power fantasy. Exotics that feel like legendaries. But I am poingnant about it. Other people enjoy TomClancy tacticool realism, or Call of Duty style real world ishm. These people play Destiny and what I see has a positive, they see has a negative. When I say "thanks they fixed this", they say "oh poo poo, they broke this". So well.. lets play this version of destiny and enjoy what is there to enjoy it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I had to go to the endless gate on io today for the Minaj chest and endless gate had a Saturn looking thing in it instead of that long walkway to the praying vex

Yea is cool I guess
more like change for change sake

Theres a vex door in the moon with the dark garden style

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The changes to the sandboxes have been so that exotics feel more powerful than legendaries when they had fallen so behind

Things can be cooler!

Clearly we are getting the worst version of some exotics.

Easy to see when we have a d1 and d2 version of some exotics.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 3, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't have interest in doing the raid so for me, from 900 I feel free to do whatever that feels fun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Harrow posted:

Since I stopped playing right around when Black Armory came out, I have basically no idea what to do now that I'm back. Should I just dive head-first into Shadowkeep stuff on the Moon? Are there cool things I should go get from Black Armory?

I like the heavy machine gun you get very early from it, but other than that, I don't feel theres anything special
Once you have this hmg and the jotun quest, you can only do black armory when you feel is exactly what you want to do.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So if I get an exotic at LL 835~, is the exotic stuck around that level unless I feed other gear into it?

only if you want to use it

you can always break it and get from collections so it don't use space in inventory or storage

don't break it if has a accumulative of stats bigger than 50

if you can level without doing anything like that you will save a lot of resources

many people level up gearing blues

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

gently caress Toland. He is a politician, betraying humanity and the vanguard to get a position in the hive. He is only our friend as a way to use us for his schemes.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A guy in my guild is light level 96

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1180761464975613952

I did not believed him until I checked his character

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 6, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Speaking as someone that generally dislike PVP in Destiny, what ARE the good PVE guns to go for? I’m still in the level grind to 900 but if there’s something I should keep an eye out for I’d like to know!

What works for me:
God old telesto.
A good machinegun. Hammerhead with void damage would be great for this event.
A good smg.... the vex event can roll good perks, imo. Subjunctive. People use the recluse that is walled behind a pvp grind.
A good handcanon. Theres many options.
For automatic guns, my favorite Ether Doctor, Breakneck is also decent.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Roman posted:

my problem with doing raids is that I will watch raid tutorial videos so I do know what to do but by the time I actually getting around to being in a raid I've forgotten everything. so I don't watch raid videos any more

most groups will just be grateful you paid enough interest to try to study it

the good raids have more than one strategy to complete it and the video can be one strat and the group you are playing with have a different strat

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

So how often do the Vex invasions actually trigger? I haven't seen any yet despite hanging around on the moon so I can't do the Vex offensive yet.

After a public event / about ever 4 min

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Fair enough, guess I was just missing them. Now if only any other person would ever spawn into my instance of the moon, because I've been trying to solo them and its hard when I suck.

I absolutelly nobody spawn in your instance check your computer clock is accurate
Having the clock in the wrong date can break matchmaking in some versions of destiny

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

You can talk with VideoGames on this very forum (if you have platinum).
Ok, seriously, what are Heroic mods? Where they introduced in Y2?

I don't know
I do know theres some mods, like protection against hive enemies, that only drop on some endgame activities and even there are a rare drop

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

I'd play D1 whole campaign in D2's pc engine.

Perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfg0GNpDnM

SavageGentleman posted:

Newbie lore question: How are Guardians recruited? Destiny 2 started with my dude(ette) being resurrected by the Ghost after being dead for centuries, but noone bothered to explain how and when she agreed to the whole immortal murderhobo thing in the first place.

You are The Chosen One[tm] also if you pay attetion to what the Darkness guy in the corner say, deleting your previous memories act as a type of brainwashing

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Caidin posted:

Does this make Ghost our mom? Like more so?

Our ghost is more or less Cl4p Tr4p from Borderlands

"I his dying breath the traveler created the ghosts --- to open doors"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Does popping an ai enemy with a down-the-sights headshot guarantee better ammo/glimmer/loot drops?

No. Normally no. But theres a consumable that make critical kills generate lumen.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Someone help me reconcile my distaste for warlock jump skills because good god Stormcaller is fun

You get used to it, double-tapping to jump become a second nature, and at that point it become 95% has good the titan jump, that is the most powerful one.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Artifact and Season level resets with each level
So any progress there is "wasted" at the next season

Armor continue with us / Progress there will carry with us

We have a nightfall-like assault that give us armor progression materials

my point is we should focus on ugprading our armor and ignore the season and artifact things

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

AirRaid posted:

It’s worth noting there’s things in the Season Rewards which are unique and unrelated to artifact level, such as some armour ornaments and a couple of weapons (?), so it’s still worth doing that. Especially when doing bounties to get powerful rewards to upgrade your armour actually helps both causes.

Actually yes

I am looking forward for the warlock chest decoration

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

explosivo posted:

I am playing this game with a particularly security-conscious friend from work who constantly complains to me about the inventory management in this game. Every complaint he has is resolved with DIM yet refuses to use it because it asks you for access to your account and someone could potentially hack the system some day and salvage everyone's things with the press of one button!

Tell him this

Imagine a car security so safe that nobody can open the car without the keys
Now imagine you accidentally close the car with the dog and the keys inside
So a safe car would kill small childrens and dogs by design

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I saw today a guy asking "when they will add a story mode?".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Every DLC added a new wave based activity

- Escalation Protocol - just run around mars
- Blind Well - requires dreaming city / enter his area and exit until you find people
- Menagerie - have is own icon on the solar system map - I believe require a questline that start in the floating ship in nessus
- Vex invasions - have is own icon on the moon - require the season 1 - unlocked killing boss from vex events on the moon [We think this is a temporal activity, and will be gone when the season ends. But realistically may change to have the enemies replaced with fallen or cabal]
- Forges - have is own icon on the planet maps. killl poo poo, thrown orbs at machine / have his own npc on the tower
- Gambit - have is own icon on the galaxy map.. kill poo poo, then kill boss, maybe kill invader / have his own npc on the tower

I think thats it, maybe there are more.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

hattersmad posted:

What is everyone rocking for a kinetic PvE? I’ve been using Breakneck for a while, looking to mix it up after the nerf.

with smg being this good, I don't use much my primaries, usually have breakneck or a god roll ether doctor, or a random exotic, like thorn or montecarlo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Equip mods to make your finishers do things like heal you, recharge grenade, or ammo confetti

5 years of destiny have conditioned me to be suspicious of perks that give more ammo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PathAsc posted:

Farm nightfall the ordeal for enhanced mods

After ib is gone and stuff

Do it with likeminded people. With randoms is annoying has they skip champions or worse things

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PathAsc posted:

Eh, I don't mind that, I just run and run

On hero level, if you skip champions, you get worse loot.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Fusion rifles are the same role than shotguns, but require reading the enemy movements. You are rewarded with a bit more range than shotguns.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It seems I am the most weird person in the world, I feel this new bow is OP has hell.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

the drifter is from borderlands

zavala is from call of duty

ikera is from half-life

caide-6 is dead

Edit:

I like the drifter, but maybe is because I tolerate quirky characters, like these in bordelands.

Many people actually hate Zavala, and understanding where it come from, I don't hate it.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 25, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RocketRaygun posted:

Today someone posted the above screenshot of them getting an aggressively mediocre score in a pvp match while using cheats. He was using wallhacks (in a game with built in wallhacks) and a Radar (in a game iwth built in radar). He then went on about how "they just ran into my bullets", thinking he was very good at the game. Instead, he was just hacking.

Also, he tried to play it off like "I don't want to show discord on my other screen".

Using hacks, you mean. hacking is programing the hacks. I doubt this person is verse enough in programming to be a hacker.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I finished the pass, and this event is meh.

When is the next DLC? this is getting boring.

It seems the only grinding I can do, is nightfall with randoms for materials to max my gear to masterwork.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

J.A.B.C. posted:

Have you tried Raiding?

This is a good question. I stopped raiding because I am too old, and started to conflict with my life ( raiding till 1:00 AM is not good if you work the next day). But yea, is a loving truckload of content I have not experienced (other than the first raid).

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

If Blizzard can sell Overwatch 2 which will have full (pvp) integration with Overwatch 1, then Bungie IF THEY REALLY HAVE :airquote: CONCERNS :airquote: ABOUT THE GAME BEING TOO BIG can eat poo poo and sell Destiny 3 as a different binary which keeps Gambit and PvP linked to Destiny 2. Or, you know, they could just update Destiny 1 to have the same equipment and balance of D2 and give us D1 for PC.

The problem with having Destiny 2 players playing in Destiny 3 is balance. What if Telesto need to be disabled because a bug in Destiny 2, that is not present in Destiny 3.

For this to work, they would have to syncronize patches and syncronize balance. That is a bit too much for a game company. Game companies are terribad.

Another option would be for DLC's to be extra downloads. So if you want to play the Red Legion campaing, you would have to download that campaign. Maps like 1UA would be on the server. People will be free to download has much has they want.

The way it works now, our installation have everything a player can possibly needed, even if is not accesible just now.

This would require changes in the architecture (that is hard to change) and perhaps will produce a few ulgy bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anyway Fortnite 2 and Overwatch 2 are not really new games. They are re-releases of the original updated with the current content (that is very different than the original one).

Overwatch 2 is like "Overwatch 1" 2.0

Is a different type of 2.0 that things like Doom 2 or Borderlands 2.