Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
First post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Cool that by making a new thread the OP has allowed all the console posters banned from the old thread to post here, in the distinct thread

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Anyway here’s to cool guns and acquiring them

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

VideoGames posted:

No they have not. Stick to the console thread.

Uh I’m moving to PC with crossplay/shadowkeep so I need a spot to ask about FoV settings and tweaking my gfx card driver, and dem console boyz don’t know poo poo about that

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Wamdoodle posted:

I feel like pistols could use a little buff but a rapid fire frame and the, I think, Smuggler's Word burst can be a hoot. They definitely need deeper reserves or need a buff to impact, I feel. Also Desert Eagle style side arm when? no I don't want it to be a hand cannon arch type there's too many of those I don't care if it's refered to as a hand cannon in real life

What the hell would a desert eagle style sidearm be but a hand cannon lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Whoops this is the pc thread, I’m
Trying to delete that

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Can’t spell raids without aids

(They are good)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limaCAT posted:

Well it took only five year for Bungie to fix the problem of leaving the community without carrot to chase and now with seasonal rank, armor drops and farmable weapon drops they fixed it, I am sure one day they will just fix the whole "raids must be coordination ballets". Maybe it will take them 7 years. Because making a content that only works for the 8% of your playerbase does not really cut it...

Yet they still spend resources on pvp lmaoooo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Eej posted:

https://i.imgur.com/lZP7cKl.gifv

This is the funniest clip I'll ever make

He shot Recluse while bagging me and the bullets bounced off the floor, into the wall behind him and into the back of his head. He had bot tree Fist of Havoc and was on 0 lives remaining too...

Lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Republicans posted:

tier upgrades boosting range.

:wtc:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We just did the Divinity puzzles with raid clear and one of our guys realized he was still on the "Talk to Eris" step

Let's get some F's in the chat

Wow can’t believe he wasted the $39.95

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mesadoram posted:

No, but that is good to know.

Some pieces have like "Mobile Hunter" and "Heavy Hunter" on them in the description.

Those are not set bonuses

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Geez. And this mode is going to be around for good now? Sounds like the CoD bullshit twitchy pvp I’ve always loved to hate.

I played a few rounds and it would maybe be fine as a change of pace if it loving had radar

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I don't actually mind collecting armor of different affinities, but exotics really need an exception. There are a ton of builds that would be viable and fun if not for exotic armor elements.

Yeah everyone loves collecting 3 versions each of the various stat distributions of their armor

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i mean, i collect at least 4 or 5 versions of every gun I like. It's not great but it's not insane. Unless they massively change exotic armor drop rates, that's the bigger problem. There's a reason exotic weapons are fixed rolls.

Ideally different gun perk sets would be options under the same inventory item, but as guns are the key active interface element for the entire game and have a demonstrable feel change depending on the perks, this is borderline acceptable.

There’s literally no reason for mod affinity other than a hackneyed attempt at balancing what mods you can stick in your gear at the cost of an absolutely terrible interface and inventory management situation. It’s a joke, especially with their ridiculous locked in “only 9 inventory items of each type on your person” situation.

This game would be dead like Division 2 if not for 3rd party inventory management apps, which Bungie doesn’t actively support and have been passively loving over for months due to their stupid API issues.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah just having mods of different elements can't be in the same armor at the same time wod have the same balance effect

Give this man a medal

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I thought the Destiny 2 Companion app was developed by Bungie??

Theirs sucks and the inventory management is bad and hides behind a bunch of bullshit

Everyone uses dim or Ishtar which are streamlined and useful

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Idk what you’re talking about there’s 5 buttons at the bottom one of which is gear and it does everything I need it to; gear look ups, transfers etc.

If anything it makes me annoyed that I can’t sort my vault by power level ingame like I can do on the app

If you’re using the Bungie app over Ishtar or Dim I cannot help you

Also reminder that bungie app didn’t even have this functionality until fairly recently

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I usually only dim during loading. Do y'all really use more than nine different weapons in each slot often?

Sir do you change characters?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Only real OGs will remember having 3 warlocks and switching between gear at the tower in between Templar runs on each one

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The Bungie Brain Genius has returned from vacation

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m just kind of amazed that a goon in a goon clan would cheat.

Lol dude think about how many console goons use Xims

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

At least on pc, there's a clear distinction between cheating and playing fair

When you get wrecked on console you can't help but wonder, "did he beat me fair and square, or is he using an Elite with manually set aiming behavior, hair triggers, and macros"

No macros, those are a xim/PC thing

please only use officially approved peripherals when playing on consoles, keep it fair for all involved.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah if you can do anything within the 4 corners of the game, that’s fair (cheeses, skill)

It’s only when you use external devices and software outside of the game that you cross the line (xim, wallhack).

I think an SSD on a console is right on the borderline. I need to noodle on that a bit more i think. It’s something that doesn’t hurt anyone but it’s an outside device. I think an external is fine but replacing the internal might cross the line.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Unormal posted:

lol at console players Stockholm syndrome with terrible input devices.

If the console manufacturers enabled the input for all players and the game input natively supported it, I’m all for it. Mouse and keyboard is flat out better.

The issue is that you have players using a precise and better input method within a game that only supports and is designed around compensating for a worse controller input. That’s not right.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Unormal posted:

It's actually fine because it works perfectly when you plug in a xim and the game is more fun with a better controller?

It also works fine on PC?

Yeah it’s good and better! That’s my point! Precise aiming with the benefit of aim assist? While controller using folks flail around trying to aim at your head with a controller?

If the game doesn’t support and take it into account then that’s cheating my dude. It’s a junior aimbot.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rubellavator posted:

y3 hasnt added any real amazing legendary weapons yet

I’m sorry what now

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

This is what happens when people banned from the thread are allowed back in.

Rehabilitation is a failed philosophy! Give 'em the chair.

Give em a cool gaming chair

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ9QIB3e2ow

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is it safe to fuse the 950 halloween rifle into a gun I already like or will that somehow screw me

e: double post sorry. thanks for the answer. i do like auto rifles though, i can't help myself

Don’t do this lol

Yeah 450s aren’t Top Dog but it’s the best possible roll and a masterwork

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is it safe to fuse the 950 halloween rifle into a gun I already like or will that somehow screw me

e: double post sorry. thanks for the answer. i do like auto rifles though, i can't help myself

Don’t do this lol

Yeah 450s aren’t Top Dog but it’s the best possible roll and a masterwork

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Does zen moment really do anything? Guns in this game barely kick at all.
The only times i notice bullet spread being an issue for hitting stuff are with fusion rifles, or sometimes while trying to shoot scout/sniper rifles while jumping around as a top tree dawnblade.
Most other guns send all their bullets straight downstream, and have more of an issue with damage falloff than actual inaccuracy or stability.

It’s a powerful perk on console

It also increases stability as a function of base stability, so there’s a weird sweet spot for guns that have a bit of stability to begin with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Try a rapid fire fusion frame in Momentum Control thank me later

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The moon warsat and vex events are good they have a bunch of weak orange bars

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

NihilCredo posted:

When you get bored of playing hitbox goatse with Jade Rabbit in moco and need a break, go grab a Skyburner's Oath from collections and equip Transversive Steps / Stompees / Lion Ramparts for a few matches. Jump veeery quickly around the map spamming seeker bullets as you go until you get shot down.

No it's not good, in fact you'll probably be in the bottom half of your team more often than not, but it's fun as gently caress and it's about as distant a playstyle from JR laning as you can get while still advancing that accursed scout rifle kill count.

(Love Jade Rabbit, I had masterworked it like six months ago, but 450 kills is a slog with any gun.)

Put on the gambit smg and a rapid fire frame fusion and clown on scoped dudes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Merciless is loving amazing in pvp with the catalyst. It's an erentil with max range and stability, built in feeding frenzy and kill clip. You can one shot a super with kill clip active, and even if it isn't, a non-lethal hit will make your next voop come out much faster. I don't know why nobody uses this, but i ain't complaining.

It’s not the same impact type as an erentil, for starters.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong due to the wonkiness with its being an exotic, but it’s not 95 impact

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Glenn Quebec posted:

God is cruel and real and gay

All really good qualities for a God imho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Glenn Quebec posted:

This Friday ---- D2 B-Squad is gonna attempt another raid. Listen to me sigh deeply as we have the boss at a sliver of his health and he resets anyway.

@9pm eastern. All interested parties lemme know

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-discover-that-sighing-is-actually-a-life-saving-biological-function

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

How could they have ever foreseen that people would be unhappy that armor they spent a shitload of time grinding for rolled with abysmal stats and with no way to earn better versions???

How could I as a player foreseen this would happen? (Please ignore that it literally happened the previous time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Siljmonster posted:

pull the ornament from collections to apply to equipment, it'll be in your Mod Inventory