Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Is Gambit matchmaking connection based too? I'm getting weirder teams from when I played at Forsaken launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Destiny 2 PC: Maybe the content vault is a metaphor

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I actually kinda like the mini arenas leading up to it. They're just random enough to engage my brain somehow.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

What is blinking, if not just dodging with extra steps? :thunk:

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The pyramid aliens have literally already been confirmed as reskins of cabal, fallen, and hive

They are the conscript races & also a good way for bungie animators to save a buck

No Scorn? I'm continually disappointed with how underused they are. They're not the most fleshed out enemy set, but they do provide variety.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I AM THE MOON posted:

if you skipped that season you automatically narced so its super weighted to being a snitch im pretty sure

I skipped it and the questline was still playable when I started again a month ago, and offered me the choice of both sides.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

My biggest hope is that Beyond Light simplifies and streamlines the game more than anything. I really enjoyed vanilla D2 because it was very cohesive in how it presented things, even if it had a bunch of rough edges elsewhere.

The websites and such feel like an artifact of how much stuff there is now. DIM wasn't something I'd have probably cared about in vanilla, but now there's so many pieces of gear (and random rolls) that it's kinda mandatory.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah but WotC doesn't come to your house and burn all your old cards. You can still play the all-card format and still use those old cards if you want to.

Players will have zero options to revisit the Red War, Osiris or Warmind campaigns, should they have some desire to do so.

Agreed. There isn't an applicable comparison between digital and physical goods here. Competitive leagues run by WotC aren't the actual product being sold, they just frame and push sales for that product.

In this case, the actual product purchased by many is being removed. This isn't the first time this has happened in digital media (it's not only videogames), but it's a significant instance of such.

It solidifies "games as a service" as an impermanent product, which is fine so long as consumers are made aware of that and understand the difference.

Back Alley Borks fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 29, 2020

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Yep, it's nothing new, but the "games as a service" term has only recently become more common. Cataclysm is the earliest example that comes off the top of my head for videogames, but there are probably others.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I love to skeep skeep with my motes all the way to the bank

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

GMs can drop carbon shafts to pair with the golf balls!

I do wonder if they'll make it one time applications or a permanent ornament. The latter would be great but then we'd all ask for permanent shaders too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I don't have the SSD space, so I'll be redownloading anyway.