Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

I said come in! posted:

Destiny series will always be weird to me. Launch a bad game with almost no content, and players still reward it by spending even more money for content that should have been there at launch.

despite being an obvious money fountain nobody has successfully made "diablo, but a FPS" yet, so this is what we got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a faster way to get higher light level or whatever it's called than to do the world quests for gear that increases it by 1-3?

Edit: I don't have Shadowkeep.

crucible seems like it showers you with gear now. just cruising around waiting for friends to get on my light went up by 50.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Snuffman posted:

Play through the campaigns from Amanda Holiday first.

don't uh, do this. the campaigns are hidden to protect you.

open up the quest tab, do the things there. if you run out of things, go back to the tower and talk to every npc with a flashing blue icon on the map.

if you ever get curious about all the proper nouns that get mentioned, read the wiki, but it's much better to imagine your own story.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

kater posted:

This is a pretty loving empty game you are setting up, the campaign is totally worth playing through once.

i can only speak to my experience of buying the game at launch, playing through the red war campaign, and then reflexively uninstalling from boredom.

if what you want out of the game is soothing shooting galleries with periodic voiceovers, sure play the campaign content. if what you want is diablo 3 adventure mode, stay way the gently caress away from the campaign.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
game is real good at shooting space monsters and picking up space monster loot and real bad at everything else.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Taear posted:

Yea and I'm kinda bored of that part of it. Don't get me wrong it was nice but I need more to make the game stick.

ya this isn't that game, but it's nearest competitor is warframe so lol. hi5 on saving yourself a lot of time grinding.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
tried it with 3 other dudes yesterday and couldn't clear level 7, would def recommend bringing friends

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

ijyt posted:

Every game of solo survival has gone to the other team 4:0 without fail. I have not gotten past the second sub rank lmao. I wish IB gave glory.

this was me until i realized my energy weapons were mediocre in survival and switched to a pulse rifle/smg combo

ItBreathes posted:

One thing to remember is that Destiny is an MMO. One that's more shooty and fun and with a much smaller time commitment, but built around the same core.

Does anyone have a list of the quest steps it gives a new player? All I can find are articles complaining about it.

you get a few pursuits to start with: 1) fly around to various planets doing a mini-campaign on each 2) try each of the major director activities 3) raise your light level by shooting stuff. as you make progress on 3 it scales up 10 light levels at a time and adds in a new pursuit for a new activity, i.e. exotic quests, the menagerie, the leviathan raid.

it's great at getting new players into the fun parts of the game. the big thing missing are tutorials for how to configure your class and then how you should be using your class skills in the core gameplay loop. eventually you get to activities where you're forced to use your grenade/melee/class skill to complete a pursuit sub-task, but it's hours in.

also equipment stats and mods are literally never explained, but we live in the age of tutorial via google, so min-maxers will figure it out.

Wakko fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

ijyt posted:

My issue is by the time I realise what's knocking my health down it's too late and I've be Ace of Spaded or Reclused off the map. It doesn't help that I can't see the radar without taking my eyes off center of the screen.

ok ya you have bigger problems than loadout, my condolences. coming from csgo and tarkov to this game is delightful though.