Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

bullshit, im the first post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
thats why you have to be the barrier rounds guy

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yes

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Someone do a gosh dang Heroic Minaj and tell me if the Armor is level 10 already!!!

its level 7

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

abraham linksys posted:

just finished the shadowkeep campaign and.... man what a weird loving campaign to launch alongside your giant free to play release. not even the reskins i have a problem with, just the complete reliance upon knowledge of previous fights. pretty massively disappointing after i let myself get excited about the weird concept art, though obviously i was not expecting any actual new enemy types given it's a destiny expansion

i hope the endgame stuff and raid are good at least :smith:

good thing its not included in the free to play release and the free to play release includes all the previous content for new players!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

a $25 expansion with a $10 season pass sounds about right for the value of this expansion

wait a minute

Oh gently caress

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

the second strike is on io and you can go play it right now if you want

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

dunno about it i havent done it yet and Ikora will be the vendor for seasonal goods starting Saturday so

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

DrNutt posted:

Personally I liked that they brought back all the guardian voice actors back for like three more lines of dialogue.

more than forsaken had!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

how hard is it to be the first person through the door, the door is in the same place every time and it's always on the second elevator stop

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

BrightWing posted:

Except if you want the meta sub machine gun

which you don't need to be successful at literally any content in this game, and using which will actually make you overlook other more interesting weapons and combinations thereof

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

queef anxiety posted:

till LFG gets implemented properly.

gonna be waiting a long time dawg

they literally endorse outside systems, they arent changing anything ingame until the next destiny game (if ever)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And if you don't read their weekly blog, the destiny subreddit, and like 5 different bungie twitters thst they use to circulate important information, you'll have no clue what the fucks going on

this is true of like most online games now though, except bungie has the human decency to make a blogpost instead of 30 minute twitch videos where you have to listen to some swedes try to talk about washington dc or whatever

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Ravenfood posted:

Why the gently caress is that not ingame.

because its not

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The moon shotgun comes from the Essence of Rage, which drops from the Nightmare Hunt: Rage!

(Guess what's coming next week with Nightmare Hunt: Servitude!!!)

essence of submissive

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sorta annoying that iron banner is coming back around when I'm probably gonna be at like 940. I guess I can keep the completed bounties and only pop em once I hit 950?

just live your best life and pop em as you get em, purge the brainworms and get to 960 through pinnacles whenever you get there

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Mazerunner posted:

gotta die first if you wanna get resurrected as a guardian

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

AndrewP posted:

I assume the answer is "use Discord", I'm just kinda unfamiliar with Discord but whatever I'll figure it out

you ever used a chat room before

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ItBreathes posted:

The much beloved book of shadows was written by an outside writer for The Taken King, none of it went into the concepting or creation of the hive.

necroposting from two pages ago but your post was accurate up until this point, when it became wrong

the book was written by a goon (who posts in these threads), who was also one of the original writers of D1 grimoire and lore concepts and still writes lore for the game today

they're only an "outside writer" in the sense that they don't work at bungie hq and are technically freelance on contract IIRC

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

also their books are very good

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Siljmonster posted:

Safety First all day every slot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozY61q7WlIE

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Sekenr posted:

I wonder why even fight the huge triangle? The book so far didnt say anything particularly repugnant and the pyramid at least talks to us unlike the traveller.

E: also, did they change something with comp crucible? 1-2 wins used to get me to next tier, now it gives me pittance

why even fight the huge triangle that wants to exterminate us, who knows

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ItBreathes posted:

Semi-related question, if I dl the discord app on my phone, will/can it give an alert if someone messages me? My PCs hooked up to the TV so I gotta bust out the laptop to discord.

yes, its a messaging app

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

el B posted:

Tell your friend not to trust anyone or anything
https://youtu.be/uN8E9neefOc

a modern classic

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sooooooooooooo..... whatever happened to that bug-powered heavy machine gun that was heavily promoted in the run up to SK's release?

comes out on 10/29

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

shut the gently caress up

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

space marine todd posted:

i don't know if i'll be able to play the game after the inevitable real recluse nerf

it's still so good and i just wish bungie would buff everything to its level instead of bringing it back down to the dismal earth

buffing everything up to the level of the most broken gun in the game sounds pretty lovely tbh

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

hundreds of thousands of people if not millions yes

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Eej posted:

This thread will never stop being wrong about the 3 Ritual weapons being bad

even reddit is more right

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

ah yes the division 2 that’s a great game with great endgame content

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Roman posted:

btw the Skele-Ghaul shader in eververse is great and people should probably pick it up before reset

it is extremely choice indeed

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

god drat what a poo poo mode

bungie please stop wasting man hours making things that are bad and instead make rift again thanks

too bad, the reception to the mode is like 90% positive so look forward to it becoming permanent

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

it is definitely positive that the shine will wear off but the feedback on Places That Matter has actually only gotten more positive over the course of the week so im not actually sure

we shall see

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

there is no point to using sturm without drang

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are Undying Mods (the Charged With Light mechanics) here to stay or do they go away with the season?

Huge ramifications either way, especially since it's going to take several weeks to grind up all the Seasonal Currency to buy the mods.

i think you mean dawn mods, and who knows but dawn armor will always have access to them at least

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

indeed its very good to let your multi-hundred million dollar per year in revenue franchise fizzle and burnout in favor of a new ip that might not sell as well

this game or some permutation of it will be around for a while

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

RBX posted:

Wait they're moving on internally from Destiny already? They barely just got it right.

no

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

talking about replacements when they specifically said they want to publish multiple games and have them exist side by side is also LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Xenaero posted:

Getting the obelisk ranks up looks to be a huge chore.

is it? its like day 2 and im rank 3 with both obelisks, it only takes 100 macguffins per rank