Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
If Minaj is still a thing, does that mean I can still keep working on tributes for the bad juju catalyst, or am I screwed until it enters the general loot table?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

ItBreathes posted:

I've only just started to dip my toes into comp. How much would you say it comes from playing well and how much from having teammates smart enough to stick together?

Having spent 7-8 hours this past weekend trying to grind up to Fabled, I can tell you that it doesn't matter how well you're playing if every time your two pubbie teammates continually rush your opponents and waste all the lives, leaving you as last guardian with 3 opponents with charged supers.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Baller Time posted:

Needing 20 Fusion Rifle kills in Iron Banner is the hardest content for me so far

I've been tearing poo poo up with the moon fusion rifle, netting a lot of cold fusion medals and lives go quickly enough that the lack of special ammo doesn't big me too much

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Right now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJreQU0AcS0

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Wait, there's a primary ammo rocket launcher?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Oxyclean posted:

I don't get this game, sometimes I get "get void/solar/arc melee kills" bounties and I can just spam melee attack and get credit. Other times (possibly just on my warlock) it requires me to actually get kills with the cooldown portion of the ability?

Maybe it's just this on Saint 14 bounty, but it's annoying.

What really pisses me off is that the ranged warlock abilities don't count for those bounties for some reason.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

quote:

The Sundial Fractaline Extractor III obtained from the Nessus obelisk incorrectly states an increased chance to find Polarized Fractaline when completing strikes. The enhancement actually increases the chance to find Polarized Fractaline when completing the Sundial and the Menagerie.

FFS

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Siljmonster posted:

theyve never changed it, its just people always aim for the head, and not the gun

I did it recently and the third challenge was impossible for me to do with a controller due to the "drag" that happens when your crosshair moves over a target. Tried maybe 10 times in a row and it was always slightly too slow for the third target; I then switched to mouse+kb and got it first time.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

quote:

Character subclasses with ranged melee abilities will now count towards Melee Kill bounties and Triumphs. These include Titan Hammer Throw, Hunter Throwing Knives and Corrosive Smoke Bomb, and Warlock Celestial Fire and Ball Lightning.

Yesssssss

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

XBenedict posted:

Jump puzzles are the devil’s work.

Escalation Protocol isn’t soloable. Too many moving parts. There are usually people already working them though, so you won’t have to do it alone.

The hard part with escalation protocol is getting enough people to stick around to beat the last boss.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heh, this patch is NOT a crowd pleaser

They fixed damage scaling in Outbreak/Whisper

Motherfucker!

xzzy posted:

Am legit annoyed at myself for not starting zero hour a week earlier, as I only needed one more run to finish the catalyst for a gun I will never use.

Same :(:hf::(

Finishing the OP catalyst has kept me logging in for the past four weeks and I was really looking forward to getting it done.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

wiegieman posted:

It's good if you like hipfire bullethoses and synergizes well with devourlocks, but I like other guns better.

Wait, how does that work? I thought Devour only worked on void kills?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Ah right, I was thinking of the build with Nezerac's Sin

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1269315348123303936?s=19

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
This is really loving stupid; starting 30 minutes late just so we can wait another 20 minutes for something to actually happen?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Why is it that everything they design to "increase player engagement" results in doing anything but playing the drat game

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
See this would have been a lot of fun if it had happened 90 minutes ago

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Zavala has some platitudes to say

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Seasonal page is finally live:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfArrivals

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Well, it loaded for a minute but now it's back to this; I did save the calendar infographic though:

From what I remember, the seasonal exotic is a grenade launcher named "Witheroad" or something like that and the exotic quest is for a new trace rifle

They posted the patch notes too: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49188

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

RBX posted:

The bow is also the best bow. Actually there are no bad Black Armory weapons.

Spiteful Fang with an elastic string and archer's tempo? :kiss:

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, the Cipher is only for seasonal exclusives, right? It's not for things like Heir Apparent, Devil's Ruin or pre-season exotics?

It certainly looks that way; Rahoul is currently offering Leviathan's Breath, Eriana's Vow, Bastion, Symmetry and Devil's Ruin

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Weapons for sure, but the random engram is a good way to get better rolled armor drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
But then filthy casuals might also get to experience "the best content in the game" and we can't have that!