Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Why do blue drops even exist in 2019 in the third year of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Honestly my only complaint so far is that Bungo needs to blow up the goddamn consumable tab already. Get rid of the synths, put them into the synthesizer or just let them stack past 20 (??????). Get rid of the telemetries and rainmakers and matterweaves (seriously why do they even drop? Why not just have the fuckin cores drop and cut out the consumable you dipshits!)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Cayde saw the collapse first-hand but it broke his brain

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I really wish they added new perks this expansion, the Vex offensive gun perk combos are all stupidly conservative I think the only unique gun is the pulse with multikillclip. The Moon guns are waaay more interesting though and I'm actually gonna hard grind a bunch of them. I really want that 4-burst raid pulse with rapid hit too!

Honestly the most offensively stupid thing now is the new items that don't stack to 999. The upgrade cores max out at 15! WHY?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I grinded out Recluse in a few hours tonight, how is this gun legal? I think this is the most broken thing I've used in this game?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Caidin posted:

So I know there are guardians that will ditch or harm their ghosts for some reason, usually because their going off the deep end. Does that ever go the other way? Can you be such a total psycho that they'll float off rather then drop a rez?

I found the remains of Tolands old ghost on the moon and it had a final recording to the extent of "Haha, Tolands going to become some kind of Hive god/Darkness thingy and my only regret is not getting to see the look on your faces when he comes for you! plus I think Drifter did something really unpleasant to his and it was nothing but encouraging about the business.

One of the Ghost Stories is about a ghost who left his crazy Don Quixote guardian dead

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/whether-windmills-or-cranes#book-ghost-stories

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ItBreathes posted:

I'm as unhappy about eververse as the next person, but I would pay money for a 'stop shooting the domes, shoot the big thing dumbass' emote for the taken public events.

People largely know how to trigger public events it's just not worthwhile if you can finish stuff quicker and move to other stuff, heroic rewards are middling unless you specifically need heroic for a bounty

like the Tangled Shore events never go heroic because it's like 10x longer

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Shaxx has a huge crush on mara sov because she was able to kill him using a bow. Last christmas he gave her one as a present. Also she occasionally summons him for a booty call and to read her shakespeare, but he doesn't take off the helmet

That was Sjur Eido, the Queen's Wrath, that killed Shaxx. Presumably with Wish-Ender!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ItBreathes posted:

While I appreciate all the responses, what I meant to ask originally was "Is Merciless still good?" I've sunk enough time into destiny that I'm not going to actively pursue a roll on any given gun.

Prospector is one of the highest DPS weapons in the game if you don't want to chase random rolls

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

CommunityEdition posted:

Art assets are expensive, and I’d personally rather the new guns show up in something I haven’t done before. I’m siding with Bungie on this one

Legit like 75% of the exotics and pinnacle weapons they added to D2 post release are rehashed D1 models with like slightly better textures lol

Bungo is full of bs

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is absolutely hilarious. How the hell do they get code so tangled up that telesto bolts are counted as hostiles/guardians? Like this is beyond absurd.

This poo poo has been happening forever, I remember when blind well was first launched you could shoot the pillars in the middle of the safe zones with one telesto mag to instantly get 100% and move to the next well lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Recluse would still be incredibly strong without feeding frenzy but it might open up the possibility of actually using other things. That seems like a better option than just letting everything in the game melt and bringing us all the way back to the problems of year 2 balance

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ty daddy shaxx :feelsgood:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope I didn't have to do the Vex Offensive stuff last week to progress whatever story because I didn't bother since powerfuls are useless and the guns/armour are poo poo lol

Also because I played IB all weekend and ground out like 1500 IB tokens across all 3 characters for high armour rolls and enhanced mods...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

Exit Strat is really good, I've got Edgewise but not used it yet, is Demolitionist better on it or Rampage?

Imo yes, the best two perks are field prep and demolistionist. After the nerf, rampage is kinda eh, while demo refreshes your grenade after 6-7 kills and reloads your lmg. Field prep gives you extra reserves (and it scales so you get like +100 rounds or something with a rapid fire frame) and actually has a faster reload while crouched than feeding frenzy.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

100 degrees Calcium posted:

These instakill punch titans make me think I'm wrong to be playing Hunter.

Liar's Handshake is what you want (random y2 exotic drop just go get it 😜)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObIL3CSvwk8

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Failson posted:

Anyone actually get the eriana's vow catalyst, or is the questline still moving like frozen molasses?

It's 50 games of gambit prime or 100 strikes, then 700 kills. Someone grinded it out in the first few days but if you aren't insane it's better to do it over time. The perk (auto-loading holster) is good but isn't worth the insanity.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

Is this shotgun good or am I still an idiot about stats and perks? It has opening shot and rampage.

For PvP you want full choke + accurized rounds. That roll is ok for pve I guess but there autoloading holster or one-two punch or pretty much anything is better than opening shot. Rampage and aggressive frame shotties is a fun combo if you're going full ape in pvp

E: auto correct

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 24, 2019

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Jade rabbit is good in pvp because it can 3 tap, has great range and is really stable. The perk doesn't really matter it's just a well-statted 150.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

how do you get enhanced mods? what do they do?

Aside from the handful on the seasonal artifact they are random drops from pinnacle activities and are just more effective versions of existing mods. The best place to get them was grinding iron banner last week and turning in tokens but they drop from Master Nightfalls/Nightmare hunts as well (and presumably the raid, didn't see any though and not grindable).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

What's a good easy to acquire kinetic slot smg for gambit? I want to work on the pinnacle and the vow at the same time.

You can get Trackless Waste from Menagerie - Beast+Red rune

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ponzicar posted:

A 4th weapon slot, even if limited to primaries or even just sidearms would be amazing.

Speaking of which, what are the best pvp sidearms? I know they've never been in the meta, but I want to screw around with them.

Last Dance is a beast, sidearms have always hovering around the periphery of the meta esp. when the shotgun meta ran wild in early forsaken

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

Speaking of snipers I'm wondering which archetype does the most damage in pve. I know Izanagi's and Whisper are king here but I don't have those!

Rapid fire is the highest dps but lowest overall dmg, aggressive does the most overall dmg but lowest dps, and adaptive in in the middle for both. The best legendary pve snipers overall should be sole survivor/tranquility with firing line (both are adaptive)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is it safe to fuse the 950 halloween rifle into a gun I already like or will that somehow screw me

You're fine that gun archetype is gigatrash anyway

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Well... :smith:

So whats a good energy scout?

Black scorpion, Polaris lance

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

IronSaber posted:

Why do people call the Majors orange bars?! They are clearly yellow bars, just like the bosses!

Majors are called yellow bars though? There are orange bars too, they are usually like souped up minor dudes. Maybe people are colourblind?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Who y'all got for the First to 999 The Shattered Throne?

These people are insane, and I say this as someone who finished the season pass in like 10 days

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

Arbalest just...doesn't feel great to use. Against anything. It doesn't feel as rad as Loaded Question or a good Erentil.

It's because it's not a fusion rifle it's a linear fusion and they all feel like garbage except sleeper. Just feel like crappy snipers with bad damage.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Adus posted:

can you not get randy's medal progress in IB?

Iron Banner is weird with that quest, I noticed that I was making more progress outside of IB the last go 'round because some of the QP medals don't drop from IB and none of the IB medals seemed to count.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The most interesting part is that the Worm Gods and Vex predate existance, as the worms and flowers of the garden retrospectively. That's neat.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Roman posted:

From what it looks like, we're getting "raid challenges" for the Shadowkeep raid throughout the year and likely won't get a new one until next year's expansion, if there ever is one

loving lol really?

Even Bungo wouldn't be that dumb

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think we can all agree warlocks are trash

Was miserable playing IB last time, the class is like 90% kept afloat by handheld supernova right now lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

BonerKid posted:

The other week I realized that I was running out of time to get the Undying title so I started to grind out the rest of the triumphs I needed. I'm most of the way done now, but my friends stopped playing the game and I found out that I still need to complete a 980 nightfall. I went in solo to see what it would be like and I think I basically need to be carried to have any chance at this. I looked up some tips but they all require weapons I don't have yet :sigh:

I still need the 980 Nightfall as well. pretty sure you don't need Izanagi's/Divinity to clear, people just want them for farming the master NF since it trivializes the champions. I will run it whenever, it probably will take like an hour or something as long as everyone is like 965-970

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Scouts are already good and they are nerfing Recluse. Randy's slaps and will be even better with seasonal mods. Also the new exotic looks like a rapid-fire frame with mega kill clip action so it will probably be good as well.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Where are you seeing this? Extrapolating from video and numbers?

From the video where the warlock killed someone with the scout with headshots then reloaded and made the gun all glowy and started shooting arc fusion bolts at people and blowing them up

I'm assuming it's just like higher damage kill clip given the precedent with Huckleberry and Monte Carlo (and Bad Juju I think) after the perk nerfs

Firebert fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 4, 2019

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope the new Osiris fusion is good, its visuals are rad and it's been a looong time since they've added a fusion with interesting perks

And I hope the linear fusion perks on the artifact are enough to make me want to ever use one. Would be nice!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh the eris fusion and raid fusion are both cool and roll interesting perks

They both roll the same boring perks that fusions have had forever, there is no mind-blowing difference between a proelium and a zealot's reward which is honestly embarrassing for a raid weapon. Same with Dreambreaker, add new perks to the game ffs

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen so I hope you’re trolling. Dream breaker has rangefinder in a different perk slot, which is massive and lets you get combos you’d only dream of on prior fusions, and note it can roll disruption break. Zealot can get shield disorient AND disruption break which is bonkers. It also has feeding frenzy.

Zealot’s Reward

Dream breaker

Proleium

Dream breaker is trash, shield disorient is trash too and was on the scourge fusion which also sucked. Give me interesting perks, give me a fusion with one-two punch or demo or something. Rangefinder and generic +stats perks is the most boring poo poo imaginable. "Wow you aren't cumming your pants for firmly planted and rangefinder in 2019???" That poo poo is boring man.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is all of the sundial content vanishing at end of season?

Yep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The best way to farm resources is to load into the southern point on Mars and go west into the cave and go all the way through, each run is usually like 5 seraphite and you can transmat back out and do it again. You can pick up a kill/assassination patrol and do it on the way through as well.