Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I still have really no idea of what is coming in Shadowkeep other than finishing moves and a Moon zone but I went ahead and preordered it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Great call. It's just money. Might as well spend it.

I think that Forsaken-era Destiny 2 is one of the best-looking/best-playing games of all time and though I wish it were a little less grindy/had a little less FOMO at times, Bungie is near the top of my list of developers whose games I will buy just about sight unseen.

I just wish they had handled the initial launch better because I had a few RL PC gamer friends that I talked into getting D2 at launch and they refuse to give the game another chance no matter how much I try to convince them that the game's good/great now. Oh well, that's what HOTDOG and the PC LFG discord are for!

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Say you had 8 golf balls, now you've got 10 minus 8, or 2 golf balls

Time works the same way.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Here is a video of some not particularly good play by me or my opponents, but this is the highlight of my comp career with 4 kills as last guardian standing to win a match: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578965234

I don’t know which Wizened Rebuke I was using, it had just dropped and I equipped it to try and counter the shotgun titans on the other team; and I almost never use an LFR but had a Crooked Fang equipped while working on the Komodo quest and it paid off at the end!

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

xzzy posted:

The season scheme is cool and good but they really need to learn what a story arc actually is because their habit of building up a plot then tossing it aside to make room for the next big thing is loving lame.

I guess there's an opportunity to tie the past three seasons into a finale this summer but even if they pull that off, there's a dozen other hanging chads in this game that really deserve some resolution.

It feels really strange that there was no overarching Nightmare/Darkness theme to these past 3 seasons, that we did a bunch of spooky moon stuff when Shadowkeep came out and then just kind of forgot about them for 3 seasons worth of Vex/Sundial/Rasputin content.

Why show us the giant pyramid on the Moon and then have it not be relevant for an entire year?

I admit I have never done a master Nightmare Hunt.

edit: I found a comment on Reddit that explains how the seasons tie into the main Shadowkeep story arc, sorta:

"The pyramid ships story is over, kinda. It was creating nightmares so we went into the ship and got an artifact(shadowkeep). The artifact led us into gos were we found were the signal the artifact was emitting led. This caused the vex to do stuff(vex invasions and season of undying) after we killed the undying mind and stopped the invasions this caused history to change and the sundial became active again and the red legion tried to take it. We stopped it and now as a last ditch effort the cabal is throwing the almighty at us. The past 2 seasons this season and next season is all a part of the pyramid ship story started back in shadowkeep. Makes no sense but there it is."

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 7, 2020

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

"Stasis" being added as a fourth damage type alongside Solar/Arc/Void

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Future expansions named

2021: The Witch Queen
2022: Lightfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Was that right and they mentioned full cross-play next year?

Yeah, sounds like that is the plan for next year.