Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Decent stage winner, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao get u some, lorenzo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao Bernal is just 7 levels higher than the rest.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
On a mountain stage I would simply not help the GC leader for like a kilometer and then let him attack me

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lollllll Bernal hahaha

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eggy's going into next week with five minutes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Recalling the nice year of GTs where Ineos sucked rear end. Cycling's bad again

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Vlasov has shipped over a minute

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Reminds me of Nibalis Tour win where Contador and Froome crashed out and he won it on easy mode since the rest were garbage tier.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

Reminds me of Nibalis Tour win where Contador and Froome crashed out and he won it on easy mode since the rest were garbage tier.

That was cool because he kept attacking like there was actually someone close and won by some ridiculous margin.

It was also cool because Froome got injured.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh, that was also the year when Thibaut was on the podium. Curious!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Tratnik just saying what everyone's thinking

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Big Jan aged like 20 years on that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I was really excited for tomorrow to be the queen stage and a proper 200k+ multiple summit, descent finish stage, and I forgot there's a stupid hilly circuit stage in Slovenia before that. Mods???

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Jesus every bit of clothing on every host on the GCN breakaway show is amazing. Blythe’s loafers....

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Oh, that was also the year when Thibaut was on the podium. Curious!

And Bardet I think? Nibali won by like 5 minutes but them on the podium was used as the rain they were so hyped up for years

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm convinced Pinot would have won in 2019 if his back hadn't snapped for good after that random handlebar bang or whatever.

That was the year after his Lombardia win where he rode Bernal, Roglic and Nibali off his wheel in succession.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

And Bardet I think? Nibali won by like 5 minutes but them on the podium was used as the rain they were so hyped up for years

Nah, Bardet was lower down. It was some other AG2r guy whose name I have forgotten

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Nah, Bardet was lower down. It was some other AG2r guy whose name I have forgotten

It was Peraud, who was inexplicably like 35 years old

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Good final couple of K, couldn't watch it live because I had a case but caught up with the final 2 hours. I enjoyed the crowd justice of the dude who nearly knocked over fortunado getting grabbed and yanked off the road by a group of good lads. Big up tratnik's dad bod.

Bernal is just on another level, Yates looked good and for a second at one point I thought bernal was struggling to hold the wheel but that was just him getting ready to swing off and attack.

Astana, what is there to say? I thought they had played a blinder and isolated bernal with only 1 domestique but Sanchez seemed to slow up and let everyone catch up. Huge mistake for them because the energy they saved not pushing on the descent and flat was wasted anyway because they only rode on the front for a tiny bit of the zoncolon in the end.

Zoncolon is disgusting. Every time I thought "this doesn't look that steep" they cut to a uphill shot where you get an idea of what the actual gradient is.

GC is done unless bernal gets injured but hopefully we get some kind of suicide attack on Monday and a decent battle for the podium.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

On a mountain stage I would simply not help the GC leader for like a kilometer and then let him attack me

i just watched this and lol what a decision

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ah but you are not a well paid DS.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Zoncolon is disgusting. Every time I thought "this doesn't look that steep" they cut to a uphill shot where you get an idea of what the actual gradient is.

I swear the fabric on the barriers drapes straight down to gravity to help visualize the grade. Maybe it was just an italic (heh) logo of the right angle.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Just watching the highlights, can't say I understand why Astana decided to ride for Bernal.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

A bit windy. Crash and race neutralised.

E - Manny Buchmann down.

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 23, 2021

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Man, that's a lovely profile for a Sunday. But that's okay, I'll still keep watching that garbage.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmao Ruben Guerreiro couldn't find his bike and was nevertheless allowed back on

e: Buchmann, Berhane and van Emden abandon

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Jens Voigt pronounces Qhubeka as "kvakbaka" in case you were wondering

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

In Slovenia now.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This is nice

https://twitter.com/DanDeakins/status/1396391404570648579?s=19

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Stage highlight. Victor Campernaets cock.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Bit wet like.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Doesn't let up either. Noice

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Riesebeek hasn't taken a turn since Campenaerts attacked him downhill in that downpour. horns.aiff

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

HappyCamperGL posted:

The key to victory

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Qhubeka win again :cheerdoge:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

HappyCamperGL posted:

HappyCamperGL posted:

Bit wet like.

No need to get over-excited

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Weather looks hellish today, it's snowing at the top of at least one of the climbs. Doubt the stage will survive intact.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tomashuuns/status/1396735113719918594?s=19

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

peanut- posted:

Weather looks hellish today, it's snowing at the top of at least one of the climbs. Doubt the stage will survive intact.

Doesn't look like it

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1396736825708908545?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Update:

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1396743031685095429?s=19

It's happening

Edit: the second I posted it gets trimmed

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1396744393848246272?s=19