Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If Martinez learns to descend he'll win a GT.

I take back my comment about him looking weak. Hes just killed Yates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
RIP Yates

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

rip Yates

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yates would have won if BEX used the celeste bikes like Jumbo used to imo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Martinez has ridden everybody off Bernals wheel in 4km.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Phwoar a proper mountain crowd

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This crowd is going loving mental for Caruso and it rules

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You have to wonder how much Ineos are paying if a big team that actually needs a great climber like Movistar couldn't pick him up

I mean I'd rather have him than MAL

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He finally stopped.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Would you believe that Caruso has 0 WT victories? Crazy

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

here comes eggy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Great win

Ineos remains fake and gay

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Martinez comes 3rd lmfao

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pulling Bardet in.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You have to wonder how much Ineos are paying if a big team that actually needs a great climber like Movistar couldn't pick him up

He's represented by Acquadro, who unzue refuses to deal with.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Martinez finished 3rd lol.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Movistar are a poo poo house team though. They wont get any top talent until Valvede is gone because of how loving toxic he is.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HappyCamperGL posted:

He's represented by Acquadro, who unzue refuses to deal with.

Lmao

I can understand EF letting him go because they've never had that much money but Movistar need someone like him so bad it's not funny

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Imagine being ISN and paying froome £5.5m a year to get dropped by the grupetto instead of having Martinez

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/daniellloyd1/status/1398655908620681216?s=20

Lol.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm going to start calling Caruso the moral victor of this Giro (assuming nothing bad happens tomorrow)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Imagine being ISN and paying froome £5.5m a year to get dropped by the grupetto instead of having Martinez

Well Froome is popular, unlike really good Colombian cyclists who definitely don't have their own rabid and passionate fanbase.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's really rude considering how good Landa was looking before he died

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That’s harsh, I like Landa

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
an on form Landa with Caruso as key climber in the last week..... Phwoar what might have been

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Martinez to 6th overall.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Yeah but South American sports fans don't fall for sportwashing anywhere near as much as dipshit Anglos so Froome is still probably better for their team goals

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I hope all teams take the right lessons from this stage: 1) you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, 2) trying to make something happens rules to watch, 3) Romain Bardet bad man

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Any chance of an Italian Pogacar scenario tomorrow?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm surprised everyone online is shocked Caruso attacked. He's the best TTer of the GC riders, he's the one where he could conceivably win if Bernal cracked again and he got within a minute of him on GC.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Yeah I'm really glad DSM and Bahrain tries something, it put Ineos under big pressure early on. Bike exchange can get in the bin.

Just looking at the stage 1 results and Caruso put 7 seconds into Bernal over 8.6km so there's a 1% chance he gets the virtual gap down to under a minute and bernal eats poo poo out of a corner trying too hard.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yates dropping at the end probably explains why BEX didn't go on the attack.

Yates is once again bad

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Quick reminder this was the Ineos B domestique team. Thomas has the other Yates, Hart, Carapaz and Porte for the mountain's in France.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Just looking at the stage 1 results and Caruso put 7 seconds into Bernal over 8.6km so there's a 1% chance he gets the virtual gap down to under a minute and bernal eats poo poo out of a corner trying too hard.

If it was Nibali they’d put spike strips out in front of Bernal

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Quick reminder this was the Ineos B domestique team. Thomas has the other Yates, Hart, Carapaz and Porte for the mountain's in France.

Goddam infinite money cheat codes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ineos merda

Anglos merda

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
All that firepower isn’t going to stop them getting absolutely ruined by the Slovenes at the Tour though.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Add in Ganna and Kwiatowski for the flat stuff and thats a monster team.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

peanut- posted:

All that firepower isn’t going to stop them getting absolutely ruined by the Slovenes at the Tour though.

Ganna and Dennis towed a guy who finished a half hour behind Hermann Pernsteiner at the Vuelta to a GT win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like I totally expect the most obnoxious poo poo like Dennis taking a Ventoux KOM