Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

kicking off early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Highlights so far : some spectator getting pushed off the road by the rosa, zanna peeping them tittays while putting on his Jersey for the descent, Nibbles descending like a mad bastard

Carrier
May 12, 2009

this descent looks terrifying lol

Carrier
May 12, 2009

StarkingBarfish posted:

Highlights so far : some spectator getting pushed off the road by the rosa, zanna peeping them tittays while putting on his Jersey for the descent, Nibbles descending like a mad bastard

some sick air by hamilton

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Carrier posted:

this descent looks terrifying lol

it's the side of the mortirolo they usually ascend and yeah i wouldn't want to go down that lol

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Yeah that was some good poo poo

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I hope someone does something and it's not just gonna be Ineos letting the break win.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

i hope old man valverde wins. :corsair:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Big fan of the camera showing a now 15 man GC group for 2 seconds then cutting to a shot of a tower.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Bahrain drilling it, setting up the traditional immediate Landa collapse.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Love the 2 second shot of the ebike finish lol

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

bahrain killing each other.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Shocked that bullshit happened to a rider on Bahrain and it wasn't Landa

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:siren:uphill crash:siren:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lmao landa taking out his rival team mate.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
#landissimo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
surprised Dick Crapass isn't trying to push this to put time into Almeida, who's a better TTer but maybe he can't

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Almeida coming back. Hirt turned on the afterburners to catch kamna

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
A deciding time trial between a podium of Carapaz, Hindley and Landa would be something

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Almeida coming back

shocking lol, he's as diesel-powered as Dumolin

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'm almeida dieseling along while the guys up ahead attack each other

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
You see the front three bouncing up and down then the camera moves and Almeida is just constantly still there 20 metres back

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
IWG are having an insanely strong year

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

peanut- posted:

A deciding time trial between a podium of Carapaz, Hindley and Landa would be something

now i'm really mad Bardet isn't here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Heliosicle posted:

IWG are having an insanely strong year

wantyjuice ftw

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ok i didnt complain about it on the stages where the GC group was riding tempo but it's ridiculous how little they're showing the GC group lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
time to see how much Almeida loses on the descent

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'm almeida looking like i'm losing control in a straight line while descending on the hoods

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Could be slippery

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lol well done by Almeida, i think the rain actually might have helped because it looked like the GC group took it a bit easy

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Final TT is going to be crazy if they can't open big gaps on each other by then.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The TV coverage today was loving atrocious.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It was all over the show, they better sort that poo poo out for the dolomites stage where I want carnage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can get showing the race leaders though not for that long. On a MTF stage I have zero interest in the epic battle for like 4th on the stage from the breakaway group

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I'm not really sure where to ask this so: anyone know the where the best place to park is at the base, or on, Alpe d'Huez to watch the Tour? Side of the road, supermarket, random driveway? My partner and I staying in Grenoble for a few nights and trying to catch a stage or two; drive out very early, park, walk up. Or something.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pezyFWS3_o

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

I Am Not Spor posted:

I'm not really sure where to ask this so: anyone know the where the best place to park is at the base, or on, Alpe d'Huez to watch the Tour? Side of the road, supermarket, random driveway? My partner and I staying in Grenoble for a few nights and trying to catch a stage or two; drive out very early, park, walk up. Or something.

Generally the best plan is to park as far away as possible and ride in because everyone in the Alps will be trying to park on or around the route. If you have your heart set on parking on the climb you'll have to be there at least 24hrs before, almost certainly more.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
It's also a national holiday in France that day, further adding to the traffic. Bourg is not small, but it doesn't have much parkingspace. I usually just chuck it a the parking at the Marie, but thats on a normal day. I imaging it might be closed or made private on that day. Probably ask the tourist office. Best bet is to rent a couple of bikes and cycle in from further away, that makes you much more flexible when parking. (or you know, drive-in at ~05:00 before traffic control wakes up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's probably too late to rent bikes anywhere within a 50 mile radius at this point, it's only 6 weeks out.