Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Absolutely appalling. Denmark should be ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
basque country grand depart 2023....... imagine arrate on stage 3..... hype

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Should have had a stage in legoland.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
This is an atrocity worse than killing all those minks

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Magnus Cort still waving like an idiot when he could be pointing out Denmark’s many cåstles, smh

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

They should maybe not do bike races in such flat places

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in all seriousness 2023 is going to be weird because a basque start is basically starting in the Pyrenees, though i guess they could treat it like 2020 treated the Alps where they looped back around to finish there in the final weekend

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Trash stage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
how do you say "dogshit" in danish

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Time posted:

Trash stage

Trash weekend imo. Got all excited for crosswinds that never came.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Pedersen.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Feels Villeneuve posted:

“Denmark”

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Laporte really could have crowded Groenewegen a tiny bit there

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/OutOfCycling/status/1543618548945281024

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

At least Denmark got to be shown off, but it would've been more exciting if there'd been at least a little chance of the breakaway beating the sprinters.

serious gaylord posted:

This stage has been an embarrassment.

No-one who got a wildcard this year should get it next.
Yeah, there's at least a few teams whose entire raison d'etre in the peloton is because they're expected to go on the attack.

serious gaylord posted:

Absolutely appalling. Denmark should be ashamed.
Yes, clearly it's our fault. :v:

Skarsnik posted:

They should maybe not do bike races in such flat places
That's down to ASO making demands of the route; as a comparison, Danmark Rundt the national multi-stage race, has had years with over 2000 height-meters around Vejle.
This still wouldn't approach the Alps where they can do stages with +5000 height meters, but it'd be a lot more than what we ended up getting.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

They should have ended the race in the SKYMOUNTAIN / RIVER OF GODS area around Silkeborg.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Just kick B&B hotels out now. They're not going to exist this time next year anyway.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Cav would be 2 for 2 here btw

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Nuke Denmark plz

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
To be fair Denmark looked lovely and the crowds were great. The weather was perfect for the tt, just not enough crosswinds today. I blame the riders for being extremely boring.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Just kick B&B hotels out now. They're not going to exist this time next year anyway.

I thought there's rumours of Carrefour coming in to sponsor them?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I thought there's rumours of Carrefour coming in to sponsor them?

Only if they get guaranteed invites to the Tour.

On the basis of their performance this and last season thats not going to happen.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

StarkingBarfish posted:

To be fair Denmark looked lovely and the crowds were great. The weather was perfect for the tt, just not enough crosswinds today. I blame the riders for being extremely boring.
Oh definitely, the crowds have been great. Very strange how Cort Nielsen could drift away from the peloton with no one jumping on his wheel so early in the tour and on a Sunday with big audiences as well. At least we got some slapstick comedy during the TT.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Was Sagan mad about something?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Withnail posted:

Was Sagan mad about something?

Think he was mad at wva for drifting to the barrier and (maybe) blocking him

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Cyclist brain is great; "Hey, that dude is drifting towards the barrier, it's definitely because they personally hate me and not because I'd be doing the exact same thing if I was in their position, so I'm gonna be mad at them".
Happens every single sprint with a whole bunch of riders.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
It's very funny to me that Wout has gotten 2nd place three stages in a row but it still doesn't compare to the stage results from Sagan's 2015 Tour:

That's an insane number of times to be top five and not win a single stage.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Cyclist brain is great; "Hey, that dude is drifting towards the barrier, it's definitely because they personally hate me and not because I'd be doing the exact same thing if I was in their position, so I'm gonna be mad at them".
Happens every single sprint with a whole bunch of riders.

I have to say though that Sagan himself seems particularly aggressive and misbehaved in both sprints we've seen so far.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I like to go back to this before races as a reminder that pro cyclists are not human.

https://twitter.com/DoCiclismo/status/1457477573882138630

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Rojkir posted:

I have to say though that Sagan himself seems particularly aggressive and misbehaved in both sprints we've seen so far.

:getin:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bernal is winning the vuelta

https://twitter.com/cyclingtips/status/1543958792420966401?t=xn7xL1-Cm6oPPAK3cAqC_g&s=19

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe. If some other people don't show up.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

That crash was staged so he could have surgery to fix his leg length discrepancy and hosed up back. He's going to do a contador on verbier level performance

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnF0lZvDn_U

Pogacar did a rap.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not nearly as bad as I feared, in fact I quite like it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That "rapping" section is pretty bad, but I was expecting a whole song of it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its no Astana Pro Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMIv5Dsmuf8

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/1544060602427088896?t=x1izMxb_E9RF5IX6_F11Eg&s=19

Apologies for unprovoked G-posting but I thought this was mildly funny

Edit re: Pogacar - I can't believe I watched most of a D*tch song only to get like four lines of Pogacar rapping

Smirr fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 4, 2022

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Hmm, I do not think I'm going to watch this

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Smirr posted:

https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/1544060602427088896?t=x1izMxb_E9RF5IX6_F11Eg&s=19

Apologies for unprovoked G-posting but I thought this was mildly funny

Edit re: Pogacar - I can't believe I watched most of a D*tch song only to get like four lines of Pogacar rapping

I don't think G is a great rider but he seems like a good dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

"man's got more beef than a big mac, innit?"